[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5/19 Player Updates.

irish

yes...... post under irish...act like chappy, and things will get better for you. if you are feeling the urge to post impulsively (and defensively)...feel free to do it as a draft and i'd be happy to help you edit it (to avoid stepping in poop).... in other words, i am volunteering to be your huddle big brother.

Thanks for your support and positive feedback. And there's no doubt I'm taking you up on your offer Big Brother. If I avoided stepping in poop as Chappy for almost 1,000 posts, I can certainly do it as Irish.

Fair enough...but here are a couple of 'quarters' for you...first of all, if you post something someone else has wrote, either post the link with it or at the very least have the decency to quote that person for writing it in the first place...second of all, if you want to post something written by the FBG, just DON'T...think long and hard about this. If we wanted to read that dribble we'd be over there and not here...doesn't take a whole hell of a lot of thought to figure that one out.

Plain and simple- I panicked once I realized I posted this update as Irish. I have never before posted something from FBG (that I can remember) and don't plan on doing so any time soon. Thanks for your 2 cents though.

No worries bro,

I was posting FF news bits to the Huddle (back in 1998). Blogging isn't anything new or specific to any particular person.

Keep them coming (non-competitor style)

No doubt I will.

Once again, to those providing the positive feedback and support, I really do appreciate it. Thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So when does DMD declare he is in fact Sgt. Ryan?

Completely different people. Sgt. Ryan is actually a pretty cool guy in person, he just tends to come across a little harsh here. DMD is pretty much the same here as in person.

Anyone that has their feelings hurt over what some dude says on a fantasy football message board should have to punch himself in the nuts.

I've never had any problems with Irish and truth be told the updates he posts are better news than anything that is on the huddle main page. I think you should create 12 more names and have them all talk to each other posting your updates. Think multiplicity.

I like pizza.

Good advice here, although I was thinking you should post as Chappy and act like Chappy. Props to Bier for being sincere. And props for you Irish for coming out of Chappy's closet. It's all good.

Welcome Brack.

You guys are the best and it feels good not having to live a double life here at the Huddle. :wacko:

You know what you're right, it is sad. It's sad that I came on here 3-4 years ago shooting off my mouth and taking stances that rubbed so many the wrong way, sad that as Hugh One put it so well on many occasions how I stepped on my dick over and over, sad that instead of just being myself and finding a comfy place here I tried to fit in just too damn much, sad that I resorted to attempting to create a new beginning for myself here instead of just going with the flow taking the shots as they came, repairing what was salvageable and ignoring what couldn't be fixed. However, what is not sad is making it almost 1,000 posts in, under my new start and being treated fairly for the most part by most members here because I acted like my true self and not the dick from years past and yet I knew eventually things would get to hectic and I'd screw up. So even though things have been much better for me lately, my original Huddle name will be the one I must stick with. I'm not sorry I did what I did as it allowed me to be a part of the Huddle without all the BS (which I realize was only made possible by my own actions). I will continue on from here on out as Irish, fulfill my obligations to my BoTH Leagues and occasionally chime in from time to time. I would like to thank many of the Vets here at the Huddle for putting me through some of the trying times that I've had here as the lessons I've learned have been invaluable and have had implications beyond these boards.

As a side note, the Player Updates will continue as a good deal of Huddlers seemed to appreciate them. :brew:

:wacko: It's about time, everyone here has known it was you almost since you started posting as Chappy. :D

No worries bro,

I was posting FF news bits to the Huddle (back in 1998). Blogging isn't anything new or specific to any particular person.

Keep them coming (non-competitor style)

Great info here :D

...and like I said before, if you need someone to vent with I'd be happy to lend an ear.

Irish, I give you props for coming out of the closet with such a humiliating admission. I mean honestly, everyone here has done something dorky, douchey, or pretended to be something they are not - it's human and it's ok. I have a lot more respect for you than I do for the guys that have that elitist, holier than thou attitude. Although the elitists may have grown up in a lot of ways, say all the right things and are socially adept, they continue to pretend that their shyit don't stink - but anyone who is seeking pure truth does not act like that. Even though the first time I ever read one of your posts, it was your newbie a$$ bashing my music and telling me that you and your family was laughing at my singing voice - even after that I can empathize with you.

So Irish, I for one commend your ability to be human and not be ashamed of it. :wacko:

:wacko: It's about time, everyone here has known it was you almost since you started posting as Chappy. :D

Great info here :D

...and like I said before, if you need someone to vent with I'd be happy to lend an ear.

Thanks a ton Rajn. I appreciate the offer and may take you up on it from time to time.

Irish, I give you props for coming out of the closet with such a humiliating admission. I mean honestly, everyone here has done something dorky, douchey, or pretended to be something they are not - it's human and it's ok. I have a lot more respect for you than I do for the guys that have that elitist, holier than thou attitude. Although the elitists may have grown up in a lot of ways, say all the right things and are socially adept, they continue to pretend that their shyit don't stink - but anyone who is seeking pure truth does not act like that. Even though the first time I ever read one of your posts, it was your newbie a$$ bashing my music and telling me that you and your family was laughing at my singing voice - even after that I can empathize with you.

So Irish, I for one commend your ability to be human and not be ashamed of it. :D

Thanks Brent. And to think back on the bolded part now, what a Megan Foxnozzle I was for acting like that. :brew: And to be honest with you the actual event was more like me listening and not knowing what to make of it and then asking my wife to listen as she rolled her eyes at me as she sometimes does wondering why I spend so much time on here.

Good luck Irish .

I was at least being honest when I told you I had tons of family in Hudson County and that I spent much of my days as a yute crabbing, fishing, bladding and playing ball in Hudson County Park. I still enjoy Bayonne but it truly was a great place to be back when I was a kid. Thanks for understanding.

So Irish, I for one commend your ability to be human and not be ashamed of it. :D

Have you been drinking again? :wacko:

You know what you're right, it is sad. It's sad that I came on here 3-4 years ago shooting off my mouth and taking stances that rubbed so many the wrong way, sad that as Hugh One put it so well on many occasions how I stepped on my dick over and over, sad that instead of just being myself and finding a comfy place here I tried to fit in just too damn much, sad that I resorted to attempting to create a new beginning for myself here instead of just going with the flow taking the shots as they came, repairing what was salvageable and ignoring what couldn't be fixed. However, what is not sad is making it almost 1,000 posts in, under my new start and being treated fairly for the most part by most members here because I acted like my true self and not the dick from years past and yet I knew eventually things would get to hectic and I'd screw up. So even though things have been much better for me lately, my original Huddle name will be the one I must stick with. I'm not sorry I did what I did as it allowed me to be a part of the Huddle without all the BS (which I realize was only made possible by my own actions). I will continue on from here on out as Irish, fulfill my obligations to my BoTH Leagues and occasionally chime in from time to time. I would like to thank many of the Vets here at the Huddle for putting me through some of the trying times that I've had here as the lessons I've learned have been invaluable and have had implications beyond these boards.

A few years ago I sent a PM to Irish telling him that it might be better if he just picked a new user name and started over. Irish replied that it wouldn't work because people would soon enough figure out that the new person was him and just pick up where things had left off. Irish was partially correct in this as it is pretty obvious that some people figured out what was going on with "Chappy" quite some time ago, but I think it is true that people gave "Chappy" a fairer time than they gave "Irish".

A such, I actually recommend that Irish stays here as Chappy and drops the Irish name. "Irish" carries with it too many negative connotations and so some people will just instinctively read any of Irish's posts with a jaundiced eye. Let Irish just be a historical reference to a person who acted quite a bit different from Chappy.

Irish is dead! Long live Chappy!

I was at least being honest when I told you I had tons of family in Hudson County and that I spent much of my days as a yute crabbing, fishing, bladding and playing ball in Hudson County Park. I still enjoy Bayonne but it truly was a great place to be back when I was a kid. Thanks for understanding.

:wacko: Thats why I kept including sangria in our spanish steak lunch

:wacko:

So...Irish = Chappy and Chappy = Irish??? Great Googly Moogly...

Never saw that one coming but then again, I like 'em both so...

Day-um...what's next? Big John is also Puddy???

:D

Edited by The Wolf

Oh, geez. This is just so heartwarming. I need to get a hanky to wipe my tears, and then maybe a fruit drink with an umbrella in it so that I can enjoy all the confessions & love in this thread...

What a bunch of freakin' nancies! Damnation! Check your testicles at the door, boys.

My reactions while reading this thread:

:brew:

yawn:

:lol:

So, thanks for the entertainment chapirish......... :D

Now, quit taking it so damn serious, don't get defensive, realize that you are going to take some beatings on here, just roll with the punches, and try to let your skin thicken and you will be fine.

Oh, and I thought Chappy was a Corona drinking Broncos fan :)

Edited by Menudo

Oh, geez. This is just so heartwarming. I need to get a hanky to wipe my tears, and then maybe a fruit drink with an umbrella in it so that I can enjoy all the confessions & love in this thread...

What a bunch of freakin' nancies! Damnation! Check your testicles at the door, boys.

"... my eyebrows aren't plucked and there's a gun in my truck!"