[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gentlemen, start your grills....

twiley

Official kickoff to the summer starts tomorrow.

Let's hear it... food, drink, activities. :wacko:

Friday - Grilled Strips, asparagus, and a garlic mash. Wine, wine, and more wine

Saturday - Smoked Brisket and having friends over. Beer, beer, and more beer

Sunday - Smoked ribs and having the family over. Probably just iced sun tea.

Monday - TBD

Tuesday - detox on toilet for 12 hours.

Edited by twiley

Friday after work heading to the local brewpub for some black and blue stout:

A milk stout with a twist! We added 22 lbs. of semi-sweet Swiss chocolate to the boil, then 250 lbs. of blueberry puree during fermentation to create this unique stout. 6.0% abv. 18 IBU's

and some of their large soft pretzels with spicy sauce

Saturday: beer all day

Sunday: going over to the Cousin's house. Not sure what they're gilling but probably burgs and dogs. And beer.

Monday: don't know yet

Friday - Grilled Strips, asparagus, and a garlic mash. Wine, wine, and more wine

I just posted in the TG that this is my favorite meal. I like to throw some lump crab on the strips to top it off. Damn I am hungry.

My wife was due with our third child yesterday . . . still waitin' on the little tyke.

I forsee a lot of hospital food this weekend.

Peace

policy

I remember enjoying some of the food for the first day but it got pretty bad by the time day 3 came around.

4 day weekend starting at 5 PM today.

Definitely be grillin' Delmonico's or skirt steak over the weekend and burgers & dogs on Monday!

Cheers - everyone have a safe and happy Memorial Day ... thank you to all the Vets out there! :D:wacko::D

Edited by nogohawk

Friday - Nationals game :wacko:

Saturday - work at 4 PM :D:D

Sunday - it's on! Bloody Marys to start, Venison steaks, Bison burgers, grilled veggies, grilled new potatoes, lots of beer & jamesons

Monday - recovery, then softball

Tuesday - back to work probably at 4 PM :brew:

Friday - Nationals game :wacko:

Saturday - work at 4 PM :D:D

Sunday - it's on! Bloody Marys to start, Venison steaks, Bison burgers, grilled veggies, grilled new potatoes, lots of beer & jamesons

Monday - recovery, then softball

Tuesday - back to work probably at 4 PM :brew:

What time should I be over on Sunday, I live in Hagerstown :D

Have you been to the Nats new ball park yet? We went May 3rd and it is beautiful. Where do you play softball, I used to play in Frederick till I retired 3 years agao. Knee replacement will do that to you.

Official kickoff to the summer starts tomorrow.

Let's hear it... food, drink, activities. :wacko:

Saturday - Smoked Brisket and having friends over. Beer, beer, and more beer

Sunday - Smoked ribs and having the family over. Probably just iced sun tea.

Monday - TBD

Tuesday - detox on toilet for 12 hours.

We hit 99 in Portland last Friday so my grill has been working overtime for the past couple of weeks. There was no way I was turning on an oven / stove in the house. So far the grill has seen:

Filets

Porterhomes (that must be right)

More Filet, seared quickly and then sliced into strips and added to portabellos, red wine, onion, garlic, red pepper, smoked Rogue blue for steak sandwiches. Bread was also grilled.

Copper River Sockeye (yes, it is that time of year again....and its so good).

Halibut

King Crab Legs

Scallops

Chicken

The one thing that I'm doing this year that I've never done before (kicking myself now) is using a cast iron skillet on the grill for searing. Nothing fancy...just a $20 Lodge Skillet that gets nice and hot and has been awesome so far.

I'm still wondering what I'll be grilling tonight, much less this weekend.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

The one thing that I'm doing this year that I've never done before (kicking myself now) is using a cast iron skillet on the grill for searing. Nothing fancy...just a $20 Lodge Skillet that gets nice and hot and has been awesome so far.

:D

I've been doing that since the winter. I stunk up the house so bad the first time that the wife has since made me go outside to sear them on the grill burner. Nothing like searing on a cast iron skillet then finishing them off on the grill while it's snowing. :wacko:

:D

I've been doing that since the winter. I stunk up the house so bad the first time that the wife has since made me go outside to sear them on the grill burner. Nothing like searing on a cast iron skillet then finishing them off on the grill while it's snowing. :wacko:

I was impressed with the difference it made for steak and allows me to put fish skin side up for a few seconds before finishing it on the grill skin side down. The real surprise was how easy it is to sear scallops. I have found that using an oil with a higher smoke point makes a huge difference as well.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg