[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshawn Lynch

Piles

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the questions were there. I was simply stating that RWC shouldn't be questioning my reading comprehension abilities when the article he selected to support his facts... doesn't.

I defend Marshawn for the same reason you defend your Packers, and if he truly did have character problems, I would have no problem admitting it. (Remember what NFL team I support?)

The fact is though - Marshawn doesn't have character issues. So why wouldn't I defend him? If not for any other reason, than at least to contribute to the Huddle community that looks to Homers for their opinion and insight on situations like this one.

Do I have to do all of your homework? There is a link WITHIN the article that delves into it. I provided the first step. You should be able to take care of the rest.

How does it not support my facts? It states teams had questions about Lynch. As does the second article. That is what I stated, that the concerns existed.

Do I have to do all of your homework? There is a link WITHIN the article that delves into it. I provided the first step. You should be able to take care of the rest.

How does it not support my facts? It states teams had questions about Lynch. As does the second article. That is what I stated, that the concerns existed.

:wacko: Both articles state Marshawn was anticipating having to answer questions. No where in either article does it discuss the teams' questions, or whether they were ever asked.

It's really all about reading comprehension :D .

:wacko: Both articles state Marshawn was anticipating having to answer questions. No where in either article does it discuss the teams' questions, or whether they were ever asked.

It's really all about reading comprehension :D .

LOL So you don't think the teams addressed those issues, when they were potentially investing millions in him as a first round pick? I have a bridge for sale in BK.

LOL So you don't think the teams addressed those issues, when they were potentially investing millions in him as a first round pick? I have a bridge for sale in BK.

I never said they didn't - I'm simply saying you lectured me on reading comprehension and in the same post cited an article that didn't directly support your argument.

At this point I'm merely yanking your chain. Chill. :wacko:

Ruh-roh. Lynch named principle suspect.

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark calls Bills running back Marshawn Lynch the "principal suspect" in an alleged hit-and-run accident, saying the player was inside his vehicle when it struck and injured a pedestrian.

What's unclear, Clark said Thursday, is whether Lynch was driving the 2008 Porsche SUV when it struck a woman crossing an intersection in downtown Buffalo before speeding off early Saturday.

"There were other people in the car, too, (Lynch) wasn't the only person in the car," Clark told The Associated Press. "I don't know whether he was driving that car or not. But I'm confident that before the investigation ends, we're going to find out, whether he talks to us or whether he doesn't."

Raising the possibility that those passengers might include Lynch's teammates, Clark warned it would be important for them to step forward.

"I'm not saying how we know it or who they are, but they know who they are, so we'll just see how this plays out," Clark said.

Clark said he's frustrated with the player's lack of cooperation, saying he's had no direct contact with Lynch or his attorney, Michael Caffery. Clark said he remains hopeful a meeting will eventually take place.

Caffery said he has been cooperative.

"It's an ongoing open-line between the D.A.'s office, my office and Buffalo police, but we don't have anything set at the present time," Caffery told The AP.

Lynch, the Bills' 2007 first-round draft pick, has declined comment while taking part in the team's voluntary practices this week.

The victim, identified as a 27-year-old woman from suburban Toronto, had a bruised hip and a cut that required seven stitches. She was treated and released from a hospital on the same day.

Shortly after the accident, police impounded the SUV after discovering it in the driveway of Lynch's home in suburban Buffalo. A piece of a vehicle found at the accident site has also been linked to Lynch's SUV, police said.

Clark, who said he's willing to accept a plea deal, acknowledged he cannot compel Lynch to speak to investigators because the player has a right against self-incrimination.

"The minute I have enough evidence to prove whoever it was behind the wheel, I'll charge them," Clark said.

A witness has placed Bills RB Marshawn Lynch behind the wheel of his SUV at the time of a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning.

Investigators may even have four witnesses that claim Lynch was driving. The probe is also looking into the possibility that other Bills players were inside the vehicle at the time of the incident. Lynch has emerged as the "principal suspect" and will be charged if there is sufficient evidence.

Link

More of the story:

Two sources involved in the investigation tell 2 On Your Side that a witness has placed Bills Running Back Marshawn Lynch behind the wheel of his S.U.V. at the time of a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning.

A source, who asked not to be identified, tells Channel 2 that investigators have four witnesses that say Lynch was driving.

Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark would not confirm that information, but did say that investigators continue to follow a number of leads as they build their case. He also says those involved in the probe are looking into the possibility other Bills players were inside the vehicle involved in the hit and run.

2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni spoke to Lynch's attorney Michael Caffery Thursday. He wouldn't comment when asked if Lynch was driving the car, but, did say progress is being made toward a sit down meeting between Lynch and investigators.

District Attorney Frank Clark tells 2 On Your Side they now have evidence that Marshawn Lynch was on Chippewa Street the same night as the hit and run accident occured.

The Buffalo Police Department says they've contacted Marshawn Lynch's attorney about the investigation into a hit-and-run accident involving a Porsche SUV registered to the Buffalo Bills running back. Spokesperson Mike DeGeorge says investigators want answers. "It's safe to say the ball is in their court, and the clock is ticking," said DeGeorge.

Read Police Report

The SUV remains in the custody of the Buffalo Police as part of the investigation. "The car is not going anywhere," says DeGeorge.

The accident happened at 3:30am at the corner of Chippewa and Delaware in Buffalo.

According to the police report, the SUV was driving westbound on Chippewa and turning left to go south on Delaware when it hit a female pedestrian who was attempting to cross the street. Police confirm there was front end damage to the car, and the report says a broken off piece of the car was recovered at the scene and turned in as evidence.

Police say their security cameras at that intersection were operational at the time. But the spokesman said if the accident was caught on video, it would not yet be released because it would be part of an ongoing investigation.

Several staff members of a nearby bar tell us they saw a woman lying in the street for approximately 15 minutes, but they say the woman eventually got up under her own power and walked to an awaiting ambulance.

The female pedestrian who was struck has been treated and released from Buffalo General Hospital.

The Bills issued a a brief statement Monday:

"At this point in time, we want to let the process play out before we make any comments relative to the situation as we don't know all the facts...The investigation is ongoing by the Buffalo Police Department and all comments relative to Marshawn are being handled by his attorney, Michael Caffery. Anything beyond that is speculation and we will refrain from that."

A source tells 2-On-Your-Side the vehicle was recovered by Buffalo police from Lynch's home.

His agent did not return 2 On Your Side's calls.

Lynch was the Bills 2007 First Round Draft pick out of California.

He's been taking part in voluntary workouts at One Bills Drive and is expected to be there when practices resume Tuesday.

Rotoworld) A witness has placed Bills RB Marshawn Lynch behind the wheel of his SUV at the time of a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning.

Impact: Investigators may even have four witnesses that claim Lynch was driving. The probe is also looking into the possibility that other Bills players were inside the vehicle at the time of the incident. Lynch has emerged as the "principal suspect" and will be charged if there is sufficient evidence.

It takes a big man to leave the scene after a woman just got hit. Then again, I'm sure the driver was probably too drunk to notice he hit anything.

Probably doing a Dick Cheney and hiding until his alcohol level dropped.

In most states this is a misdemeanor as long as you don't pull a Martha Stewart and obstruct justice. He's probably not saying anything.

If he comes clean and accepts a plea(probably what his lawyer's negotiating) it may not be that bad. Maybe probation, community service and money to the victim.

"Several staff members of a nearby bar tell us they saw a woman lying in the street for approximately 15 minutes, but they say the woman eventually got up under her own power and walked to an awaiting ambulance.

The female pedestrian who was struck has been treated and released from Buffalo General Hospital.

That's bad he should have called 911.

Edited by Randall

Apparently the police are trying to question 3 other Bills players who may have information.

:wacko:

Police say they have received no cooperation from Lynch and little cooperation from his teammates in their probe of the accident that injured a 27-year-old Ontario woman who was struck while crossing the street at West Chippewa Street and Delaware Avenue on May 31.

Buffalo Police Officer Allan A. Kasprzak will go to the stadium in Orchard Park this afternoon and try to question three or more Bills players about the night of the accident, authorities said.

“I expect [bills players] to be cooperative and truthful,” Clark said. “If I get any indication that they are anything less than cooperative and truthful, I will go to the grand jury, which will compel them to testify.”

That could cause trouble — not only for Lynch, but for any other Bills player who is less than truthful.

“If a witness lies to a police officer, that’s one thing. If they lie to a grand jury, that’s a criminal offense,” said one official close to the case. “If the witnesses in this case don’t start to cooperate, the [grand jury] subpoenas are coming out.”

Edited by budlitebrad

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Three Buffalo Bills players and a high-ranking team official have been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury looking into a hit-and-run accident involving running back Marshawn Lynch's SUV, police said Thursday.

"Investigators believe these people have information regarding this case," Buffalo Police Department spokesman Michael DeGeorge said.

Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark has impaneled a grand jury to investigate the May 31 incident when Lynch's 2008 Porsche Cayenne allegedly sped off after hitting and injuring a female pedestrian.

The grand jury is scheduled to convene June 20, DeGeorge said.

Clark — who was unavailable for comment Thursday — has previously said he's confident charges will be filed in the case.

DeGeorge didn't name those who were subpoenaed Thursday.

The Buffalo News reported that the three players being issued subpoenas were rookie wide receivers James Hardy and Steve Johnson and second-year offensive lineman Christian Gaddis.

The paper also reported that Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. and chief operating officer Russ Brandon and three other Bills officials also were expected to be called to testify.

DeGeorge did rule out the possibility that other high-ranking team officials could be subpoenaed.

Hardy's name pops up in the news yet again...

Hardy's name pops up in the news yet again...

Would it surprise anyone that Hardy would gravitate towards Lynch, at least early on, in his off-field associations with team members?

That the cops want to question Hardy means very little right now without any further data. However, in all honesty it does make me question my ATAP pick of him in the middle of the 1st round rookie draft though...

Would it surprise anyone that Hardy would gravitate towards Lynch, at least early on, in his off-field associations with team members?

That the cops want to question Hardy means very little right now without any further data. However, in all honesty it does make me question my ATAP pick of him in the middle of the 1st round rookie draft though...

Looks like they're both gravitating toward a Grand Jury now. :wacko:

The grand jury involving three Bills players and possibly upper level management ofthe Bills organization will take place Friday, June 20th.

The bizarre case now includes a subpeona for owner Ralph Wilson, although there is some doubt about whether he will actually have to testify. The police seem to believe the Bills haven't cooperated, making these subpeona's necessary.

Source: Buffalo News

Edited by Randall