[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many games does Chad Johnson play this year?

How many games  

65 members have voted

1. 1. choose one:

We've discussed Chad Johnson a lot on the boards over the last few months... Mostly about how we feel about him and the circus act that he is...

I've read comments from Palmer, Lewis, Housh, his snake of an agent, and himself. He's called out teammates and has had a war of words with his coach...

My question how many games do you see him missing if any, when do you think he'll report?

And how does this situation effect him in upcoming drafts?

Edited by Big John

The only thing that will keep him out of games is if he's injured.

Agreed. I was surprised to hear that a Rosenhaus (sp?) player has never held out.

...and I feel that Chad needs to be in the spotlight. That taken with the cash and the guy representing him suggests to me that he will not miss games unless injured.

With that said - I predict three games missed due to injury. Hurts getting tackled when your head is in your ass.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Agreed. I was surprised to hear that a Rosenhaus (sp?) player has never held out.

...and I feel that Chad needs to be in the spotlight. That taken with the cash and the guy representing him suggests to me that he will out miss games if injured.

This is pretty much dead on with my thoughts... Rosenhaus knows that no good comes from his clients holding out, and Chad knows he's losing a ton of money in the process. If he loves the game like he constantly says he does, there is no way he holds out...

This is pretty much dead on with my thoughts... Rosenhaus knows that no good comes from his clients holding out, and Chad knows he's losing a ton of money in the process. If he loves the game like he constantly says he does, there is no way he holds out...

In a recent article, Rosenhaus stated that Chad will show up for mini-camp but hasn't decided whether or not to "participate".

No Puddy? :wacko:

Like I said, I made a poll but I don't know where it went...

In a recent article, Rosenhaus stated that Chad will show up for mini-camp but hasn't decided whether or not to "participate".

That's a step in the right direction. I do believe that he loves the game too much and after sitting out a few days, he'll work stuff out.

He will play, but he will miss a couple of games due to injury that he wouldn't if he had a contract more to his liking.

I really just don't see this happening. Sure he can get injured, but no way is he more probable to get hurt because he doesn't want to be on the team, or like his contract... The guy is a player and loves the game. As much as I've said against the guy for the way he conducts himself, I do believe that he loves the game and gives 100%.

I really just don't see this happening. Sure he can get injured, but no way is he more probable to get hurt because he doesn't want to be on the team, or like his contract... The guy is a player and loves the game. As much as I've said against the guy for the way he conducts himself, I do believe that he loves the game and gives 100%.

I agree. But with the Randy Moss contract, Larry Fitzgerald and now the Terrell Owens contract. I think this might get ugly. He is really wanting to tear up the deal now.

I don't think the lack of a new contract will make him more likely to get injured, I just think it will make him less likely to play injured, if that makes sense. Where last year he played through some injuries, he may not be as willing to do so this year.

I think he is inferring that Chad might take a few games off because of 'injury' because he is not happy with his contract.

I think he is inferring that Chad might take a few games off because of 'injury' because he is not happy with his contract.

I think the contract has little, if anything, to do with it. I think he so wants to be part of a winning culture, he's willing to do most anything (aside from being fined hugh amounts) to make that happen. Maybe management made him feel as though they are going to be more committed to defense... :wacko:

I think the contract has little, if anything, to do with it. I think he so wants to be part of a winning culture, he's willing to do most anything (aside from being fined hugh amounts) to make that happen. Maybe management made him feel as though they are going to be more committed to defense... :wacko:

You may be right, I was only clarifying someone else's post - follow the paper trail.

I don't think the lack of a new contract will make him more likely to get injured, I just think it will make him less likely to play injured, if that makes sense. Where last year he played through some injuries, he may not be as willing to do so this year.

Yeah, I can see that... For whatever reason I think he's going to play in anger and go full speed ahead all year... To handle it the right way and then hope to be traded next year... I'll laugh if they open up 4-0 and he decides he's where he needs to be,.

I agree. But with the Randy Moss contract, Larry Fitzgerald and now the Terrell Owens contract. I think this might get ugly. He is really wanting to tear up the deal now.

The difference was Moss was a free agent, Fitz and Owens both had 1 year remaining... Johnson has how many years left?

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on MFL's player news...

Speaking for the first time at Bengals minicamp Friday, Chad Johnson said, "I'm happy. I don't have nothing to be mad about."

Impact: Johnson insisted he was in a good mood on Thursday as well. NFL Network reporter Scott Hansen, who was kissed on the cheek by Ocho Cinco in a response to a question, probably agrees. The Bengals don't seem to know where this is going, but it looks like Johnson is backing down from any possibility of "going T.O." on them.

I know that we still have a long way to go until the season starts, but with Johnson showing up, participating, speaking with coaches and seemingly in a good mood, at what point do we start moving Chad Johnson back up draft boards and projecting him where he has been in years past?