[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats OT nailed for drugs?

Bronco Billy

link

Patriots' Nick Kaczur Arrested for Loving OxyContin, Then Used in DEA Sting Operation

Posted Jun 4th 2008 8:11AM by Ryan Wilson

Maybe the most impressive thing about the New England Patriots monolith is not the on-field success, or the astute approach to roster-building, but the shroud of secrecy under which the organization operates. It's astounding, really.

Head coach Bill Belichick demands it, for competitive reasons, presumably, and his minions dutifully oblige. So it's with no great surprise that today we learn that Patriots offensive lineman Nick Kaczur was arrested ... in April. The charge: illegally possessing prescription painkillers.

Actually, the reason this was top secret had nothing to do with Belichikian paranoia and everything to do with Kaczur cooperating with the Feds.

[After his arrest, Kaczur] then secretly cooperated with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration in a sting operation that resulted in the indictment of his alleged drug supplier, according to a lawyer and two people briefed on the investigation.

When a Globe reporter tracked Kaczur down on his front porch yesterday, the Patriots guard was back in regular-season zip-lipped form:

"I don't know what you're talking about, bro," Kaczur said repeatedly, in response to questions about the investigation. "I don't know where this is coming from. I don't know what you are talking about."

Kaczur did admit that he still plays for the Pats, but that could change. Even if New England doesn't release him, he'll likely face sanctions for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. On the bright side: if the NFL thing doesn't work out, Kaczur could be an informant. It's good to have a fallback plan.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Idiot. F-ing Idiot.

Cut him now. I don't care what the drug was. If you're stupid enough to be carrying crap like that as a pro athlete, I got no sympathy for ya.

Bill, do the right thing and can his ass, please.

:wacko:

Idiot. F-ing Idiot.

Cut him now. I don't care what the drug was. If you're stupid enough to be carrying crap like that as a pro athlete, I got no sympathy for ya.

Bill, do the right thingand can his ass, please.

And herein lies the problem...Belicheat and doing the right thing when it comes to his football team are like oil and vinegar...

Where are all the Patsie apologists? Is Tom Brady signing posters of himself at a supermarket today?

i dunno where he is today...but he was at the roxy last night with giselle...supporting his teammates at larry izzos karoaoke benefit for troops

i was there...pretty good time....wes welker was pretty hammered....and i think i still am