[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 Questions for Debate

CMac83

I think it's really interesting that Willie Parker has been mentioned as underrated a few times in this thread. I'd argue that he's overrated. I think last year's numbers (1480 combined and 2) are probable ceilings for FWP this season. Moore's going to work third downs, and Mendenhall's going to get around 150 touches, including the goal line work. Throw in Faneca's departure and the fact that Parker's coming off an injury, and I think you have a guy who shouldn't be taken in the first 40 picks, or maybe even 50. I have him ranked in the same tier/grouping as LenDale White (1200 and 7 last year) and Thomas Jones (1330 and 2 last year).

Edited by CMac83

#1) If you had your draft today, who would you take #1 overall?

LT

#2) Who is the most overrated player in fantasy circles for the upcoming season?

Addia

#3) Who is the most underrated player in fantasy circles for the upcoming season?

Selvin Young

#4) Who is the rookie running back to own this year?

K Smith

#5) At what specific spot in a draft (i.e. 1.5, 1.7, 2.1) would you consider taking one of Tom Brady or Randy Moss (whoever you rate higher)?

null

#6) Given the likely positions that you would have to select them, would you rather draft Selvin Young (possibly 5th or 6th round) or Ryan Torain (10th round or later)? Selvin Young

#2) Who is the most overrated player in fantasy circles for the upcoming season?

Addia

I guess I'm not disagreeing but I'd like to hear your reasoning on this one. The colts had tons of injuries on offense last year and Addai still put up solid numbers. What do you think would cause him to have lower production this season?

Lord Opie...

I know hes getting a lot of hype so he may not be that underrated.

But hes being projected as a 5-6 round pick on a lot of sites.

IMO he could be a great #2 or adequate #1 if he stays healthy.

The whole history with shanny and rbs does not scare me. Fact of the matter is Henry would have kept his job last year had he mot been injured (not to mention the drug speculation)

Ill take a 3rd round flier on Young in any draft hes available.

Square

Theres just something about addai I dont like. I dont see the talent. IMO hes a product of the offense. He doesnt seem that durable to me either.

Rhodes was just as productive in that system. (and so was keith). I do think he will be productive, but, I think they are gonna spread the ball around alot more with their backs this year.

I wouldnt use a first round pick on him.

Edited by gasface

1) If you had your draft today, who would you take #1 overall?

PPR league? Steven Jackson. Otherwise LT

Tom Brady. He's just not going to be worth the first round pick people are spending on him.

#3) Who is the most underrated player in fantasy circles for the upcoming season?

Willie Parker - led the league in rushing last year, and people are doing their best not to draft him this year.

Jonathan Stewart will dominate.

#5) At what specific spot in a draft (i.e. 1.5, 1.7, 2.1) would you consider taking one of Tom Brady or Randy Moss (whoever you rate higher)?

I'd take Randy Moss at the end of the first round (1.08-1.12)

#6) Given the likely positions that you would have to select them, would you rather draft Selvin Young (possibly 5th or 6th round) or Ryan Torain (10th round or later)? Selvin looked good last year and will be given every opportunity to start, so I think he's the pick.

Note to self: Start paying close attention to Belushi's posts.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I guess I'm not disagreeing but I'd like to hear your reasoning on this one. The colts had tons of injuries on offense last year and Addai still put up solid numbers. What do you think would cause him to have lower production this season?

I can name 2 reasons: Rhodes & Hart.

I think Addai has a ceiling on him that's a little lower than people might expect.

1) If you had your draft today, who would you take #1 overall?

Redraft - LT2. Dynasty - AP

Tom Brady

Steve Smith (If Delhomme is 100%)

Jonathan Stewart

Wouldnt take rady until mid 2, and Moss around 1.08-1.10

#6) Given the likely positions that you would have to select them, would you rather draft Selvin Young (possibly 5th or 6th round) or Ryan Torain (10th round or later)? If I were gonna pick one of the 2, it would likely be Young, but I wont pick a Denver RB ever again.