[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Benson supporters

Randall

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't technically get a DUI if he didn't take the breathalyzer right? At least in most cases.

Refusal to take the breathalyser is an automatic DUI in most states

One town near me is trying what they claim has been used in Texas (not the whole state). If you refuse to blow, they call a Judge the Judge signs some kind of a writ, and they can draw blood, forcibly if needed to guarantee a DUI conviction. Every place else (in Illinois) if you refuse to blow it's 3 month suspension, period.

Refuse to blow in Washington is an automatic 1 year suspended license. You get taken to jail regardless.

I guess I will never understand big money people getting DUIs.

Pay one of your entourage $25k a year to drive you around. Get a personal assistant with that as a duty... whatever.

Yeah, in WA you stll go to jail and automatically lose your license for a year, but it is kind of a loophole since they can't have enough evidence to prove you were drinking. It definitely could be different in every state but one of my friend's refused his breathalyzer and lost his license for year and ended up only being charged with a neglegent. I'm not saying that this is the case in Benson's situation, but if he didn't blow, there at least is a chance he cannot be charged with a DUI.

As I understand most states you can refuse and not be punished but if you refuse they can arrest you(if they think you are drunk) and force you to take the test at the police station. That test you can't refuse.

As I understand most states you can refuse and not be punished but if you refuse they can arrest you(if they think you are drunk) and force you to take the test at the police station. That test you can't refuse.

I know in PA, refusal is automatic DUI. Why would you refuse unless you knew you would fail?

Kind of like "only guilty people run".

One town near me is trying what they claim has been used in Texas (not the whole state). If you refuse to blow, they call a Judge the Judge signs some kind of a writ, and they can draw blood, forcibly if needed to guarantee a DUI conviction. Every place else (in Illinois) if you refuse to blow it's 3 month suspension, period.

They can't take your blood if you are a Jehovah's witness. you don't have to prove it, you just have to say it.

It's sad that he is throwing away opportunities; it would have been good to go low profile after the last incident.

Kind of seems like we will always wonder if he pissed things away or is he was ever much of a football player anyways.

Buy low. :wacko:

I know in Texas (Houston anyways) that if you do the field soberiety test, yet resist the breath test......you still don't pass go, don't collect $200 - you go straight to jail. That doesn't mean you are drunk. However, if you refuse the breath test, you lose your license for 6 months regardless of the situation, guilty or innocent.

In the police squad cars, they video record you doing the field test. Say if you do the field test and you do everything right, why should you blow? In Benson's case, he could fight that tooth and nail if he didn't fail the breath test, yet the video shows him doing everything right.

Zia........where you from in TX? Austin area? Dallas? Houston? San Antonio?

Edited by CHISOX

I know in PA, refusal is automatic DUI. Why would you refuse unless you knew you would fail?

Because the roadside breath test isn't that reliable and it takes time to get to the one at the station.

Well, maybe this is Benson's way of showing he can run ... Nothing else has indicated it as he wastes his talent and this incredible opportunity.

Well, maybe this is Benson's way of showing he can run ... Nothing else has indicated it as he wastes his talent and this incredible opportunity.

Maybe he wants to go back to college. The pro game is too hard. :wacko:

Because the roadside breath test isn't that reliable and it takes time to get to the one at the station.

Seriously. If you aren't drunk why wouldn't you blow? :wacko:

Besides they are much more reliable than lawyers would lead you too believe

Seriously. If you aren't drunk why wouldn't you blow? :wacko:

Besides they are much more reliable than lawyers would lead you too believe

I would but errors in the test do come up. I have seen tests where someone at .08 registers at .14 on the roadside breath test. .08 isn't very drunk and many states have strict penalties if you have been busted before.

States admit the roadside tests aren't the best.

Read this.

Edited by Randall

I would but errors in the test do come up. I have seen tests where someone at .08 registers at .14 on the roadside breath test. .08 isn't very drunk and many states have strict penalties if you have been busted before.

States admit the roadside tests aren't the best.

Read this.

Again, I'll ask you, If you aren't drunk why wouldn't you blow?

The limit has been dropped to the point in most states that if you have more than 1 drink in an hour, you are drunk by their rules. A lot of people know that the best way to beat this is to refuse the roadside test thus buying them some time till the alternate is given. But this goes back to the idea that :wacko: they knew they would fail, thus they refuse.

In response to the link: that's nice but apparently the test is still accurate enough that its used in all 50 states and the lawyers haven't figured out how to get it thrown out consistently.

Again, I'll ask you, If you aren't drunk why wouldn't you blow?

Because you don't trust the gubbment and their toys. :wacko:

I don't drink at all so I don't have a problem with it, but have gotten screwed in the past.