[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barry Sanders

Zooty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5'8" 185 pounds :wacko:

Height: 5-7 Weight: 203 lbs.

Get it right....

Don't get me started. Been following this guy since his high school years.

The best running back EVER! Sat out at the end of his last high school game short of breaking a few Kansas High school records to give someone else some playin time...never spiked the ball...ever...in his career. The only player to break his high school record in a state game was De Angelo Evans. Look him up. Dropped out of school while playing for Nebraska. Never would have been Barry though....

let's not forget what Barry coulda done in + years with ANY NFL team. The best running back with a shytty line.

GOAT!

Jim Brown.

Barry's dad always said Jim was the best NO MATTER WHAT...I always had a problem with that....

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Unbelievable strength and quickness.
More like unbelievable moves and quickness. Strength? Not saying he never broke tackles but he was hardly "unbelievable" there.

Still, obviously one of the best ever.

What's amazing is how many of those long runs should have been 3 yd losses.

Many of them were. :wacko:

He was one of those guys that when your team played against him, <100 yds, a td, and no embarrassing highlight-film runs was a victory for the defense.

The Packers shut him down a couple of times but it took a herculean effort from every player to do it. 1 missed tackle or assignment and it was over.

He required you stay where you were supposed to be and not chase him. Today he'd still probably be the Lions best RB.

I especially like this stat line for the Dec. 31, 1994 playoff game vs GB:

Date Opponent Outcome

12-31-94 at Green Bay L 12-16

Rushing

Att Yds Avg Lng TDs 13 -1 -0.1 7 0

Receiving

Rec Yds Avg Lng TDs 3 4 1.3 3 0

Yds from scrimmage TDs 3 0
Edited by Bronco Billy

Barry could not carry Emmitt's jock.

:D

Good one.

And all the riefer that Nate Newton got caught with wasn't his!

And Leon Lett never made a bonehead play in his life!

Barry, had he stayed, would have rushing numbers that no one would ever reach. Ever.

But he didn't so Emmit is the man on paper.

:wacko:

But on the field, Emmit couldn't hold Barry's jock.

:D

Good one.

And all the riefer that Nate Newton got caught with wasn't his!

And Leon Lett never made a bonehead play in his life!

Barry, had he stayed, would have rushing numbers that no one would ever reach. Ever.

But he didn't so Emmit is the man on paper.

But on the field, Emmit couldn't hold Barry's jock.

I'd beg to differ, and I'm hardly a Cowthug fan.

You never saw Emmitt give up ground in an effort to gain more yardage. He was always moving forward. Sanders gave up plenty of ground in an effort to make the big play, and he made it work enough to make it worthwhile as well as extremely exciting. But his antics also killed more than a few drives when it didn't work and DET was forced into 2nd/3rd & very longs.

Sometimes it's better to take a 2 yd gain and come back the next down instead of giving up 5 yds trying to gain 15.

I especially like this stat line for the Dec. 31, 1994 playoff game vs GB:

Date Opponent Outcome

12-31-94 at Green Bay L 12-16

Rushing

Att Yds Avg Lng TDs 13 -1 -0.1 7 0

Receiving

Rec Yds Avg Lng TDs 3 4 1.3 3 0

Yds from scrimmage TDs 3 0

Or the stat line for the game just a month before...

(12-04-94) Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions - Behind a record-setting performance by All-Pro RB Barry Sanders, the Lions improved their playoff chances with a 34-31 victory over NFC Central Division rival Green Bay in the Silverdome. Sanders led the way for Detroit with 188 yards and one TD on 20 carries, giving him a team-record 1,594 rushing yards this season. The outing was almost overshadowed by the topnotch play of the Packers' Brett Favre, who threw for 366 yards and three TDs on 29-of-43 passing in leading Green Bay to 417 yards of total offense. A 96-yard kickoff return for a TD by Robert Brooks late in the first quarter gave the Packers a 14-3 lead, but the Lions bounced back with pinpoint passing from QB Dave Krieg (196 yards and two TDs on 18-of-30 passing) to take a 24-21 halftime lead. Green Bay again looked to Favre in the third quarter as the Packer signal caller drove the team to a FG and then hooked up with Anthony Morgan for a 47-yard TD strike -- his second TD catch of the game. Detroit responded with 10 points of its own with Sanders galloping for 63 yards and setting up a one-yard TD run by Derrick Moore. Detroit DB Willie Clay's interception at the Lions' eight-yard line -- his third in two games -- ended a late Green Bay drive and helped preserve the victory for Detroit. A great game

HE owned the Packers, in his first game of his career, just as he owned every other NFL teams he ran against. He had his bad days, but don't they all. Funny you mentioned that though. He ran for just over 1,800 yards that year leading the league.

But when I found out why he REALLY retired, it all became clear.

I'd beg to differ, and I'm hardly a Cowthug fan.

You never saw Emmitt give up ground in an effort to gain more yardage. He was always moving forward. Sanders gave up plenty of ground in an effort to make the big play, and he made it work enough to make it worthwhile as well as extremely exciting. But his antics also killed more than a few drives when it didn't work and DET was forced into 2nd/3rd & very longs.

Sometimes it's better to take a 2 yd gain and come back the next down instead of giving up 5 yds trying to gain 15.

Cowboys O-Line- :D Lot's of pro-bowlers...Hall of fame receivers/QB/Offensive lineman

Detroit O-Line - :D Name one offensive lineman in the Barry era? How about their QB's? Did Herman Moore make it to the pro-bowl more than one year, let alone the HOF?

HE owned the Packers, in his first game of his career, just as he owned every other NFL teams he ran against. He had his bad days, but don't they all. Funny you mentioned that though. He ran for just over 1,800 yards that year leading the league.

But when I found out why he REALLY retired, it all became clear.

Of course I mentioned that. Big players step up in big games. Barry's performance speaks for itself. -1 yds rushing in 13 carries? In a playoff game? C'mon. Stop making excuses and admit that he had a hole in his game.