[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson to be Cut Today?

The Wolf

(Rotoworld) There is "considerable speculation" that Cedric Benson's visit to Halas Hall Monday will be his last as a Bear, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Also...

(Rotoworld) Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner says rookie Matt Forte "will definitely be an every-down back."

Impact: Turner says Forte has picked up the offense quickly. "I love Matt Forte," he said. "He's got the size, he's got the hands. He's smooth as an athlete, very smooth. How many touches do I see him getting? A lot." If Cedric Benson is cut, Forte could easily be on track for a 300-touch rookie season.

Hopefully, all Benson owners were able to secure Forte in rookie drafts...

Edited by The Wolf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that Forte works out... you always want to cheer for the young kids to make it big. But wouldn't just be poetic if Forte also ended up with some kind of DWI or something like that during the Summer? :wacko:

Either way, the whole situation makes you have to take a long hard look at Adrian Peterson (the Lesser) as a late round flyer.

I really hope that Forte works out... you always want to cheer for the young kids to make it big. But wouldn't just be poetic if Forte also ended up with some kind of DWI or something like that during the Summer? :D

Either way, the whole situation makes you have to take a long hard look at Adrian Peterson (the Lesser) as a late round flyer.

:wacko: Why jinx things? :D

Guess I am a little superstitious...:D

As a Benson/Forte/Peterson owner - I am more than excited to have Benson cut.

I traded during the offseason to handcuff Peterson, then after the Bears drafted Forte - I had to take him with my first round pick.

Now I could end up with Forte as the Bears starting RB, and Benson possibly being involved in an RBBC somewhere else.

If Benson is cut - would Forte jump ahead of Mend/Stewart in rookie drafts?

I wouldn't put him ahead of Stewart, but would be tempted to take him ahead of Mendenhall. Would have to do some more homework on that.

As of right now I would absolutely take him over Mendenhall but not over Stewart unless the value gap was too big (auction draft). But if Forte is "it" for CHI he will probably cost too much too.

lol @ Benson. Maybe he should become a butler. :old sitcom joke:

As a Benson/Forte/Peterson owner - I am more than excited to have Benson cut.

I traded during the offseason to handcuff Peterson, then after the Bears drafted Forte - I had to take him with my first round pick.

Now I could end up with Forte as the Bears starting RB, and Benson possibly being involved in an RBBC somewhere else.

Not witht the state of the rest of the Bears O. Who do you want pushing the secondary: Steve Smith or Marty Booker? :wacko:

At the same time however, DeAngello Williams is still in Carolina.

Who has been a backup his entire time there, and just saw Stewart drafted in the 1st round. Stewart gets the bulk of work it would appear.

I say this year, Forte is proll not the best option, but his long term prognosis shouldn't be as low over time.

Peterson is a back-up....nothing more. no way he beats out a young, fairly talented RB.....unless Forte can't block maybe.

Edited by rebdog

Peterson is a back-up....nothing more. no way he beats out a young, fairly talented RB.....unless Forte can't block maybe.

Not arguing that Forte will be the starter, but Peterson put up some pretty solid numbers last season starting in place of Benson.

Not arguing that Forte will be the starter, but Peterson put up some pretty solid numbers last season starting in place of Benson.

I agree that at this point Peterson looks to be a stopgap guy only. Trouble is that the Bears always seem to need to turn to their stopgap at some point. Forte may be the annointed one, but Peterson could still be a player in this thing at some point. Draftable in PPR leagues at this point.

I agree that at this point Peterson looks to be a stopgap guy only. Trouble is that the Bears always seem to need to turn to their stopgap at some point. Forte may be the annointed one, but Peterson could still be a player in this thing at some point. Draftable in PPR leagues at this point.

+1 Absolutely. In PPR leagues he actually put up some surprising numbers on the year in 2007, and were well off of the radar in preseason: in a 1 PPR league he was ranked #25 overall in RBs on the year, meaning he's easily worth a roster spot.

I never said Peterson would start. I said a late round flyer... that's for his (now probably increased) role as COP or 3rd down back. Adrian Peterson the Lesser has always been dependable for a backup, and they'll get that and more out of him this season.

I never said Peterson would start. I said a late round flyer... that's for his (now probably increased) role as COP or 3rd down back. Adrian Peterson the Lesser has always been dependable for a backup, and they'll get that and more out of him this season.

Can we just call him LAP from now on? Lesser Adrian Peterson.

:wacko: