[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

32 Teams, 32 Questions

darin3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Bay Packers: Two words: Aaron Rodgers. Two more words: Can he?

Even 2 more words. Of course.

I'm anxious for this reason. In the multi receiver offense Rodgers will stay within it better than the gunslinger Brett Farvre.

Green Bay Packers: Two words: Aaron Rodgers. Two more words: Can he?

Even 2 more words. Of course.

I'm anxious for this reason. In the multi receiver offense Rodgers will stay within it better than the gunslinger Brett Farvre.

And Ryan Grant will have a tremendous year (waiting for Waterman to acept the bets being proposed to him in the Advice Forum...).

AFC North

Houston Texans: What the heck is going on with the RBs in Houston?

What RBs in Houston?

Denver Broncos: Who are these RBs and which one(s) should I draft come the end of summer?

Never draft a Denver RB.

Chicago Bears: How will the Bears utilize their two solid TEs?

Blocking for the QB... that is if they ever find one.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Warrick Dunn vs. Michael Bennett: which one should I draft (if any)?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one.

Dallas Cowboys: What’s up with Patrick Crayton?

Asked and answered.

Arizona Cardinals: What will happen if Edge goes down or is ineffective?

Same thing if he doesn't go down or is effective.... nothing.

Seattle Seahawks: Can Julius Jones get it done?

No.

Minnesota Vikings: Who plays Left Tackle when/if McKinnie gets suspended? Sticking with TE Visanthe Shiancoe, seriously?

:wacko: Great questions, but I'm trying to answer the questions already posed... not add more questions. :D

Edited by darin3

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I thought you were asking for more questions for each team. :wacko:

Trust me, more than one team has several of these burning questions, but I'd like to get the ones already posed answered first. :D

I am writing a week-plus long series on some burning fantasy-related questions for each of the 32 NFL teams. Please check out my blog: http://www.thehuddle.com/blog/dt/

I'd appreciate any comments! :wacko:

We'll be offering preliminary comments on the AFC North teams tomorrow. :D

Buffalo Bills: Who will produce if Marshawn Lynch can’t? Fred Jackson... He played lastyear in Lynch's absence, and did well from what I recall. He should be the backup yet again this year.

Minnesota Vikings: Will their passing game yield any fantasy action?

Absolutely. I think that Tarvaris Jackson will become better than anyone dares to predict this season. Get him now while he is dirt cheap. Yes I'm a homer, but I'm also convinced that this is his year to blossom. Berrian and Rice will be the two WR's to benefit most from Jackson's improvement.

And Ryan Grant will have a tremendous year (waiting for Waterman to acept the bets being proposed to him in the Advice Forum...).

Yes. Rodgers will probably have 5-6 WR's, 3 TE's and 3 RB's he can throw to(not at the same time though). Grant will be busy.

When Brett was running the offense effectively 11 people caught passes. If he can stay healthy he should be fine. If not enter Brohm.

Can I answer this one?

Kansas City Chiefs: After Dwayne Bowe, is there any WR worth a darn on this team, fantasy-wise?

Will Franklin will get his looks. Webb seems relegated to ST now and Devard Darling? :wacko:

Atlanta Falcons - Will they give Matt Ryan a chance right from the get-go?

The contract he signed tells me yes but the coaching staff likely rolls with Chris Redman until at least week 5 maybe even until the bye. While an early signing definitely helps Ryan's case to start from week 1, I see Redman's performances late in the year buying him a couple starts while Ryan gets more comfortable.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Who is the better fantasy value: Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward or Limas Sweed?

Answer: Santonio Holmes, and it won't be very close. In his 3rd season, I expect Santonio to continue his emergence and end the season as a Top 10 WR.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Who is the better fantasy value: Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward or Limas Sweed?

Answer: Santonio Holmes, and it won't be very close. In his 3rd season, I expect Santonio to continue his emergence and end the season as a Top 10 WR.

:wacko::D:D :yay

A healthy FWP and the additions of Sweed and Mendenhall actually serve to make Holmes more lethal.

Oh yeah...I own him in ATAP...!

I'll be getting into further detail in my blog... but just a couple thoughts here...

Buffalo Bills: Who will produce if Marshawn Lynch can’t? Fred Jackson... He played lastyear in Lynch's absence, and did well from what I recall. He should be the backup yet again this year.

You're probably right, but don't count Dwayne Wright or Xavier Omon out for at least a share of the carries.

Minnesota Vikings: Will their passing game yield any fantasy action?

Absolutely. I think that Tarvaris Jackson will become better than anyone dares to predict this season. Get him now while he is dirt cheap. Yes I'm a homer, but I'm also convinced that this is his year to blossom. Berrian and Rice will be the two WR's to benefit most from Jackson's improvement.

I don't know. Your homer glasses may need a little cleaning. :wacko:

Yes. Rodgers will probably have 5-6 WR's, 3 TE's and 3 RB's he can throw to(not at the same time though). Grant will be busy.

When Brett was running the offense effectively 11 people caught passes. If he can stay healthy he should be fine. If not enter Brohm.

Again, homer glasses. Things could be rough in Cheeseland.

Can I answer this one?

Kansas City Chiefs: After Dwayne Bowe, is there any WR worth a darn on this team, fantasy-wise?

Will Franklin will get his looks. Webb seems relegated to ST now and Devard Darling? :wacko:

You're right; Franklin could be a nice sleeper.

Slacker.

:D

Atlanta Falcons - Will they give Matt Ryan a chance right from the get-go?

The contract he signed tells me yes but the coaching staff likely rolls with Chris Redman until at least week 5 maybe even until the bye. While an early signing definitely helps Ryan's case to start from week 1, I see Redman's performances late in the year buying him a couple starts while Ryan gets more comfortable.

You're probably right, and part of me wants to say that *gasp* Joey Harrington might have a chance to perform well under the new regime (read: no Petrino).

:D Perhaps I worded that wrong or not strongly enough.... the key word is "value". What I mean is, what's the better relative value: Santonio Holmes as the 47th overall pick (per MFL's ADP) or Ward at #75 or Sweed at #124?

=====

Appreciate all the replies so far, and I trust it's alright to quote you in my upcoming blog responses. (let me know if this isn't alright with ya!)

You're probably right, but don't count Dwayne Wright or Xavier Omon out for at least a share of the carries.

Well that goes without saying. Those are the other RBs on the team. It would definitely be an RBBC of some sort, but I think FJ would get the majority of those carries. I thought I remember something about Wright possibly playing some FB.

Again, homer glasses. Things could be rough in Cheeseland.

Yes they could be. Rodgers injuries do worry me, but we're optimistic this time of year. Rodgers does have a lot of nice weapons right now. Jermichael Finley was hurt a little in OTA's but should be the #2 TE and may be a nice addition.

Dallas Cowboys: What's up with Patrick Crayton?

50 catches for 697 yards is not bad for the 3rd reciever which is what he is with Witten healthy and Glenn out. But for some reason people keep wanting more out of him. He's dropped some big passes so you'd like to think he could improve on those numbers but you have to wonder if he will get 81 passes thrown his way in 2008 if he doesn't start off well and Glenn is the #2. Then again, the worse things look for Glenn the better they look for Crayton.

This is a pretty quick read on the WR situation in Dallas right now:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...r.de40f67c.html

Edited by Clubfoothead