[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Hall of Fame

budlitebrad

With Ogden, Favre, Allen, Strahan, Sapp, Young, and maybe Seau retiring, I was wondering how everyone ranks them as far as HOF balloting. Here's what I got:

First Ballot

1) Favre

2) Ogden

3) Strahan

4) Allen

5) Seau (if he retires)

I'm not sure if Sapp makes the first ballot, even if Seau plays one more year for the Pats. I doubt McNair gets in. There's also Bryant Young, who had a solid career, but it may take longer.

Call me crazy but I think only Favre and Strahan get in on the first ballot...if Seau retires then I would add him too....while all those guys are deserving to go in I just think the writers wont put in 5 on their first ballot.

With Ogden, Favre, Allen, Strahan, Sapp, Young, and maybe Seau retiring, I was wondering how everyone ranks them as far as HOF balloting. Here's what I got:

First Ballot

1) Favre

2) Ogden

3) Strahan

4) Allen

5) Seau (if he retires)

I'm not sure if Sapp makes the first ballot, even if Seau plays one more year for the Pats. I doubt McNair gets in. There's also Bryant Young, who had a solid career, but it may take longer.

Warren Sapp is the model of what teams look for in a 3 technique defensive tackle. If He's not a first ballot HOF'er, no DT should be in the HOF.

Strahan and Favre are absolute locks as they have the best numbers and championships.

I think in order of lock-ness

1. Favre

2. Strahan

3. Sapp

4. Ogden

I don't know the numbers, but I'm not sure how often a guard makes the HOF as a first ballot. Allen does have the history to deserve it. I think the longest shot as it is now is for Seau. I really think his lack of a ring will hurt him quite a bit, especially in this class.

Warren Sapp is the model of what teams look for in a 3 technique defensive tackle. If He's not a first ballot HOF'er, no DT should be in the HOF.

I agree and I'd love to see him make it in with Favre, but I wasn't sure if his reputation hurt him a little with the voters.

Call me crazy but I think only Favre and Strahan get in on the first ballot...if Seau retires then I would add him too....while all those guys are deserving to go in I just think the writers wont put in 5 on their first ballot.

Crazy....... How could Ogden not get in? 11 Pro Bowls in 12 years. I think that speaks for itself. In fact I would put Ogden right behind Favre and Strahan maybe as low as fourth of this class.

Crazy....... How could Ogden not get in? 11 Pro Bowls in 12 years. I think that speaks for itself. In fact I would put Ogden right behind Favre and Strahan maybe as low as fourth of this class.

I think at best he's no.4 on the list... I place him behind Sapp because Sapp is the prototype for his position...

Agreed that Favre, Strahan, and Seau are the only real "locks." Allen and Ogden were two of the best O-linemen of their generation, and will get in sooner rather than later. And I would certainly hope that Sapp gets in. Having 90+ career sacks, being the most dominant pass-rushing DT in the league for the latter half of the '90s, and winning a ring merits eventual induction, IMO.

I was listening to Sirius NFL and I remember one guy saying that there's never been more than 3 first ballot selections in one HOF class. I'm not sure if there is a limit.

There is no official limit, but the voters don't want too many "first ballot" members inducted.

There is no official limit, but the voters don't want too many "first ballot" members inducted.

I could have sworn that on the radio show they said there was a limit of 5 first ballot guys. Maybe they assumed the voters would cap at five?

Either way, I think Seau is a lock as well. I think a lot of people are remembering the guy on the Pats, not the player from the Chargers. If he retired 5 years ago he'd be in already.

My 4 (because those guys just won't put in 5 '"rookies")

Favre

Strahan

Seau

Ogden

Sapp and Allen get hurt because of Ogden and Strahan being on the ballot and comparisons for similar positions. Allen also because he mainly played G and Sapp because of his mouth but both get in the next year IMO.

B. Young and Rod Smith will have longer waits if they even get in. I think BY has a shot but not Rod

Allen is a no brainer.

He should be, but it's hard to put him ahead of the other guys on the list...

Favre is the all time leader in the major qb records with yards and td's... heck, even INT's :wacko:

Strahan is the sack leader.

Sapp has over 90 sacks and is the prototype at DT

Ogden was an 11 time pro-bowler as a left tackle which is the more sexy position on the line...

I'm not at all down on Larry Allen, and honestly, is the cowboy that I appreciated watching the most. The guy is a monster, but with this stacked class with the guys at the more "dominant" positions I think he'll miss out as a first ballot. I think we can agree that all of the guys listed will be eventual HOF'ers, and with the HOF board at most putting three modern era guys in, I see Allen getting left out for at least a year...

I could have sworn that on the radio show they said there was a limit of 5 first ballot guys. Maybe they assumed the voters would cap at five?

Either way, I think Seau is a lock as well. I think a lot of people are remembering the guy on the Pats, not the player from the Chargers. If he retired 5 years ago he'd be in already.

My 4 (because those guys just won't put in 5 '"rookies")

Favre

Strahan

Seau

Ogden

Sapp and Allen get hurt because of Ogden and Strahan being on the ballot and comparisons for similar positions. Allen also because he mainly played G and Sapp because of his mouth but both get in the next year IMO.

B. Young and Rod Smith will have longer waits if they even get in. I think BY has a shot but not Rod

That was the point i was really trying to make.....i just dont see them putting 5 in.....Favre is a YES no matter what...after that an argument can be made for all of them to get in on the 1st ballot but in the end I think it just wont be 5