[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shockey gets into shouting match with GM Reese

budlitebrad

:wacko:

Jeremy Shockey and Giants general manager Jerry Reese got into a huge shouting match during the tight end's "visit" to minicamp, which concluded today at Giants Stadium.

This goes with the theory Shockey helped develop last Saturday that his problems with the Giants are not involved with football but with off-the-field issues.

Shockey said last week he was upset the Giants did not allow him to stay on the field during Super Bowl XLII and instead sent him up to co-owner Steve Tisch's luxury box. He also blamed the Giants for spreading the rumors that he was upset and wanted a trade.

It's easy to blame him - and maybe he's well earned it - but hard to say just what lies where.

Just trade him to a team that needs him with a decent O so some fools at my draft will overpay :wacko:

Every interview I have ever seen with this dufus suggests that he is most likely the problem.

Agreed...regardless of whether his anger is justified or not, this guy has been nothing but a cancer to this team.

They did win the Big One. . .couldn't be as big a cancer as a certain WR who likes popcorn. :wacko:

Oh, and I agree. . .it's a gots-to-go situation.

What almost has to happen now is an injury to a tight end on some other team that makes them want a top TE that will miss one or two games each season. But if he is openly arguing with team officials, that is going to really hurt his stock since the offense seemed to improve in NY once Shockey was out of the huddle anyway.

I think you forgot he went to Miami (Fla). ie was referring to the school(s)

Reggie Wayne and Edge went to "The U" was well.

Too bad for the Giants that this got leaked to the press. Now that they pretty much HAVE to trade Shockey, they're going to get less in return.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I've been against trading Shockey from the beginning because I don't believe in "addition by subtraction". However, I now think it's time that Shockey must go. He's becoming a cancer & he must be stopped.

If you don't believe in addition by subtraction, then the logical conclusion to your statement is that Boss is a better TE anyway.

Shocktard must go.

If you don't believe in addition by subtraction, then the logical conclusion to your statement is that Boss is a better TE anyway.

Shocktard must go.

No I still think they are a better team with Shockey. That being said they don't need him getting paid, running his mouth, & not playing anyway.

I have always admired Jeremy's spirit. But if the deal is right , the giants need to move him IMO.

He seems to be quite injury prone to me , this and his maverick attitude dictate a move to me.

Boss may not be the consummate blocker Shockey has been... yet , but there is no denying that he filled in well during the playoffs last season.