[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon Walker found unconscious on Vegas strip

tonyr0802

Sounds like someone had a little too much to drink...

Fox 5 Las Vegas reports that Raiders WR Javon Walker was found unconscious with an "orbital fracture" on Flamingo Boulevard just off the Las Vegas strip early Monday morning.

Police don't know how he got the fracture, but he was listed in fair condition at an area hospital Monday. The Las Vegas Review Journal spotted Walker Saturday night at the Wynn spraying Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered. No other source has reported the news yet.

Link

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"orbital fracture"

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but isn't that the worst kind? Maybe I'm thinking of a spiral fracture but something where the force goes around the bone and causes all kinds of cracks and problems is what I'm thinking of. Either way its not good news for health or character at the min. I'm still pretty wary of owning any raiders.

Dude, my first thought was Bill Romanowski. Didn't he end that one scrub's career by inflicting this same injury on him?

Peace

policy

Yeah but I think that involved several broken bones.

From Raiders blog.

A Raiders spokesman said “We are in the process of gathering information,” regarding the status of wide receiver Javon Walker, who was reportedly found unconconscious in Las Vegas with an orbital fracture Monday morning.

Walker, according to Fox affiliate KVVU-5, was listed in fair condition.

The Las Vegas-Review Journal reported Walker was spotted at the nightspot “Tryst” at the Wynn “spraying the crowd with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignone Rose champagne he ordered.”

Walker signed a free agent contract with $16 million in guaranteed money in the offseason but was still rounding into shape following knee surgery. Coach Lane Kiffin said he wanted Walker to lose weight before the Raiders went to training camp in Napa.

A report filed with the the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department identified Walker as the “victim of an early morning crime.”

The statement read as follows:

“The victim of an early morning crime near the intersection of Winnick Avenue and Koval lane has been identified as Javon Walker. Officers responded to a report of a man down at that location at approximinately 7:19 a.m. this morning. When officers arrived they found an unconscious male, who appears to have been the victim of a robbery. The victim was transported an an area hospital with siginficant injuries. Late htis afternoon detectives were able to positively identify the victim as Walker.

“Walker remains hospitalized at this time and this investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information concinering this event is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (702) 385-5555.”

"orbital fracture"

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but isn't that the worst kind? Maybe I'm thinking of a spiral fracture but something where the force goes around the bone and causes all kinds of cracks and problems is what I'm thinking of. Either way its not good news for health or character at the min. I'm still pretty wary of owning any raiders.

nah, the orbital is a bone below the eye socket. Reggie Miller broke his once and played in the play-offs wearing Oakley sunglasses. As if that would help. I guess it'll all depend how bad it is.

nah, the orbital is a bone below the eye socket. Reggie Miller broke his once and played in the play-offs wearing Oakley sunglasses. As if that would help. I guess it'll all depend how bad it is.

Najeh Davenport broke his orbital on a special teams tackle and went on IR for the year about three years ago...