[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Rookie WR to draft this year?

DMD

Rookie Wideouts  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which rookie would you most want to draft for this year?

• STL - Donnie Avery
    • WAS - Devin Thomas
    • GB - Jordy Nelson
    • BUF - James Hardy
    • DEN - Eddie Royal
    • CIN - Jerome Simpson
    • PHI - DeShaun Jackson
    • WAS - Malcolm Kelly
    • PIT - Limas Sweed
    • Other
  2. 2. Which rookie would you most want to draft for a dynasty league?

• STL - Donnie Avery
    • WAS - Devin Thomas
    • GB - Jordy Nelson
    • BUF - James Hardy
    • DEN - Eddie Royal
    • CIN - Jerome Simpson
    • PHI - DeShaun Jackson
    • WAS - Malcolm Kelly
    • PIT - Limas Sweed
    • Other

It's just always funny how about 90% of the time white players get compared to other white players. Not pointing the finger at you in particular in this case, you just were the guy who made the comparison first. When he was drafted the FIRST comparison to come from commentators was "Bill Schroeder."

I wish I had the scouting report in front of me, but I think Nelson is more of a stud and probably considered to be a better athlete than McCaffrey was coming out. I DO have the scouting reports on Keyshawn Johnson, Muhsin Muhammad, and Terrell Owens and he's VERY similar to them physically on a size-speed basis, without KJ's baggage, and better production than Moose against better competition than TO played against.

Maybe I'm guilty of racism against white people. Y'know, how they all look alike. :wacko:

That being said this is the ugliest crew of rookie wr's to come out in years.

I thought the same thing. And apparently NFL teams thought so, too, since none of these guys went in the 1st round.

On the other hand, I can think of a bunch of "sure fire," "can't miss" guys who NFL types drooled over: Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, and Matt Jones. So what do they know? :wacko:

I could care less what color my players are. As long as they produce, they're more than welcome on the Gladiators/Knights/Hoboken OreoZippers!

Could you please explain why an oreo needs a zipper again? I get confused easily.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You know, now that you mention it, I find myself comparing black WRs to other black WRs.

Does that make me racist?

It may be that folk compairing black wides to black wides and white wides to white wides has to do most with athletisism.

Its easier to compare a white WR to another white WR than it is to compare him to an overhyped black WR that'll be out of the league in 2 years.

I'd wouldn't touch any of them this season for re-draft, but if I had to guess, I'd say Thomas with highest production.

Dynasty, probably still Thomas. But it's really a toss-up.

But I also like the so far un-mentioned Harry Douglas in ATL. Reminds me (not comparing him to, don't jump down my throat) of Marvin. He should grow up with Ryan quite nicely.

:wacko:

Remember this name, folks. He's reminding many of a young Marvin Harrison. Runs ridiculously crisp routes and has some speed, Here's his combine video. And his NFL draft profile.

Get him while the gettin's good. :D

Oh, and check out the main page Priority News section. :D

:wacko:

Oh, and check out the main page Priority News section. :D

Well, you were on his band wagon before me. :D But I was first in this thread, which surprised me. :D What thread was that from? I wish I could give you some by-line credit, but I didn't see yourpost before. I guess great minds just think alike :D

I'm not high on this class myself.

If Ducet ever got his $hit straight, he'd be the pick for me. If I were in a dyanasty league I'd look at him or Manningham as guys you could probably pick up on the relative cheap hoping for a payoff in 2009.

In redraft, I look put an emphasis on the WRs situation more than anything. That would put Avery and Jackson at the top of the list, IMHO followed by Hardy. If Buffalo is going to be stable at QB, I think I like Hardy. I assumed it would be for voting purposes.