[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok Enough is Enough Terry Glenn...........

Cowboyz1

Now I am all for the guy trying to play through the year but after last year I don't see why he should be paid 1.7 mill for nothing. Here is the arguement:

Glenn chose not to undergo microfracture surgery in order to try an play with only a scope. Now I suppose he is risking further knee damage by not having the Micro surgery but is that worth 1.7 mill. What's wrong with the 500k IF and only IF he injures it again. I mean what good is he to us injured?

Am I being harsh here or is he being greedy and unreasonable.

What angle am I missing here?

I'm quite sure he has great insurance so that should not be an issue. Now if the deal is 500k and say insurance for 10 to 20 years or so then that should be fair. But to pay the guy 1.7 million for one or two games is not at all good business.

"Two weeks ago, Jones made the comment that he paid Glenn a $5 million bonus before last year and got only four regular-season snaps from the wide receiver. Jones would not get into specifics if the Cowboys would possibly increase the settlement figure, perhaps to half of Glenn's base salary."

Edited by Cowboyz1

It's pretty simple, really. Glenn has a contract with DAL. He expects DAL to honor that contract. End of story.

DAL has a way out - they can cut him if they feel that the risk is too great to carry him on the regualr season roster.

And :wacko: @ Jerrah whining about the $5M signing bonus & only getting 4 snaps for it. That's the way guaranteed money works, Jerrah. It's a risk you willingly take. If this is too much for your constitution then get out of the pro football business, you Nancy.

Now I am all for the guy trying to play through the year but after last year I don't see why he should be paid 1.7 mill for nothing. Here is the arguement:

Glenn chose not to undergo microfracture surgery in order to try an play with only a scope. Now I suppose he is risking further knee damage by not having the Micro surgery but is that worth 1.7 mill. What's wrong with the 500k IF and only IF he injures it again. I mean what good is he to us injured?

Am I being harsh here or is he being greedy and unreasonable.

What angle am I missing here?

I'm quite sure he has great insurance so that should not be an issue. Now if the deal is 500k and say insurance for 10 to 20 years or so then that should be fair. But to pay the guy 1.7 million for one or two games is not at all good business.

"Two weeks ago, Jones made the comment that he paid Glenn a $5 million bonus before last year and got only four regular-season snaps from the wide receiver. Jones would not get into specifics if the Cowboys would possibly increase the settlement figure, perhaps to half of Glenn's base salary."

Tell me Cowboyz...if you signed a contract with your employer and they tried to weasel out of it, would you let them? I sure as he11 would not. Dallas can pay Glenn his contract or cut him and let him go elsewhere. No way in he11 I sign some waiver. Injuries are part and parcel of this business and Glenn has had issues before Dallas gave him this contract.

Good for him. He should NOT be giving in.

Tell me Cowboyz...if you signed a contract with your employer and they tried to weasel out of it, would you let them? I sure as he11 would not.

If your job was say typing and you are coming off a finger reattachment .... there's a chance that you may type 30 words a minute while before you typed 48 ... your boss says I'll pay you full price if you do not type 30 or 1/3 if you do ... do you agree and try to type the number or hope someone outthere needs a typer with reattached fingers? I'm sure they will pay 48 a minute rate ...

Her best deal is to sign the deal with Dallas. If she does not she will be cut and no other team will offer anything near that for a old WR coming off a knee injury. $500,000 in the bank with a chance for 1.7 million or get cut and sign for vet minimum.

Not sure but I think vet min for him would be at least about $500K anyway and I'm betting he could find a taker.

If your job was say typing and you are coming off a finger reattachment .... there's a chance that you may type 30 words a minute while before you typed 48 ... your boss says I'll pay you full price if you do not type 30 or 1/3 if you do ... do you agree and try to type the number or hope someone outthere needs a typer with reattached fingers? I'm sure they will pay 48 a minute rate ...

So the finger reattachment would be the equivalent of Glenn having his knee replaced...would it not? In that case, it's not even in the same ball park as far as examples go. More like this typist had surgery done on one finger.

Bottom line is this...the Cowboys signed him to his deal. Like any contract, it can be terminated, and the guaranteed portion goes to the player. Why should this case be any different? :wacko: If I am the typist in the same situation, I tell my boss to pay me according to the contract or release me and pay me my guaranteed money.

It's different because they can be cut ... do you want to pay her $1.7 million to play for your team?

I don't want to if I am the owner...but if the player won't sign the new deal then you have two choices...suck it up and pay him as his deal states or cut him. Correct me if I am wrong here but that's what Glenn is asking for: play me or cut me.

This is the rare time when a player holds the cards and Glenn is playing his hand. He is not asking for a renegotiation. Simply, play me (and pay me what the contract states) or cut me and let me sign elsewhere. That is NOT unreasonable.

Note also that I don't think it is unreasonable for the team to want this waiver signed for their protection, but if the player refuses, he is already under contract, so what do you do?

Play him and pay him or cut him. It really is that simple.

I don't want to if I am the owner...but if the player won't sign the new deal then you have two choices...suck it up and pay him as his deal states or cut him. Correct me if I am wrong here but that's what Glenn is asking for: play me or cut me.

This is the rare time when a player holds the cards and Glenn is playing his hand. He is not asking for a renegotiation. Simply, play me (and pay me what the contract states) or cut me and let me sign elsewhere. That is NOT unreasonable.

Note also that I don't think it is unreasonable for the team to want this waiver signed for their protection, but if the player refuses, he is already under contract, so what do you do?

Play him and pay him or cut him. It really is that simple.

I don't see that either party is going about this wrong. The Cowboys want to protect themselves, and Glenn wants to stick to the contract. More than likely what will happen, is the Cowboys will wait until right before the season starts and cut him, where he doesn't have a chance to go to another teams camp. Based on his injury history and not being available for camp, I highly doubt anyone will sign him. The Cowboys will then offer him the league minimum. If Glenn was smart, he would sign the waiver, because by signing it he at least has a chance at a decent payday where as if he doesn't he is more than likely going to be signing with the Cowboys for the league minimum when no one else jumps to sign him, or sitting at home.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

KSU: He's crippled and can't play anymore. He should take a paycut to play for DAL.

BB: Okay, so cut him.

KSU: Yeah, but he's crippled and can't play anymore. He should take a paycut to play for DAL.

Wolf: Okay, so cut him.

KSU: You don't understand. He's crippled and can't play anymore. He should take a paycut to play for DAL.

BB: Okay, so cut him.

KSU: Are you freakin' stupid? He's crippled and can't play anymore. He should take a paycut to play for DAL.

Wolf: :D

BB: :wacko:

Edited by Bronco Billy

The Cowboys signed the contract, unless there is an injury or games played clause in there they should honor it.

Where is Mr. Cliché when you need him?

:wacko:

The Good Ol Boys gotta screw somebody so they are going after Glenn.