[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What veggie gives you the most bang for your buck?

Chavez

I'd like to eat better...but I'm also pretty damn lazy.

Anyone know what veggie is most loaded with good stuff? I have no problem wolfing down a fistful of cukes or yellow pepper or tomatoes is that's gonna give me the most nutrition in the fewest amount of bites.

If you are looking to maximize protein I can recommend the Puddy Pickle.

:wacko:

I'm not sure there's 1 all encompassing veggie so I usually do a medley or combo of these.

Spinach

grilled corn

grilled tomato

grilled zucchini,

Cucumber, tomato, red onion, basil salad

Edited by twiley

Well, I'd second the leafy greens but that doesn't always fit the "tasty snack" dept. Mind you, one of my favorite meals to make when my wife goes out of town is to grill a steak and eat it over a plate of swiss chard that was sauteed with garlic. Actually, my wife caught me saying that once and was pissed that I wait for her to go out of town to make it.

None the less, in general, the simple fact that you're looking to snack on veggies is a victory in and of itself and I wouldn't worry too much about which one is the best. Taking up space in your gut with high vitamin, high fiber, low fat treats like veggies is never a bad idea, so eat whichever ones are most inclined to satisfy you enough to keep it up.

I find celery to be a good way to go because it tastes sort of salty. The classic peanut butter filled celery snacks that we got in our lunch box as kids just happen to be an insanely healthy snack. Obviously peanut butter isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you're trying to lose weight but your body needs fat and if you don't eat any, it will hold on to what you've got.

If you are looking to maximize protein I can recommend the Puddy Pickle.

I have a severe allergy to man-root. :wacko:

Aside from that, I think I'm pretty in-line with what detlef said - don't sweat finding "the best" vegetable, there are no bad ones.

I'd say spinach and broccoli

on a slice of pizza.

:wacko:

On topic, no one vegetable will give you the most bang for your buck as all contain different vitamins, minerals, etc. The key is to eat a mix of veggies with a wide spectrum of colors to maximize your intake of vital nutrients.

Top with the special puddy pickle sauce for a real treat.

Top with the special puddy pickle sauce for a real treat.

The problem with the Puddy Pickle is that it's so large I feel like I should cut it in half.

• 3 weeks later...