[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lynch will plead guilty to an unspecified charge

budlitebrad

Pleads guilty to failure to exercise due care.

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills' Marshawn Lynch has admitted he was behind the wheel of his SUV when he hit a woman and left the scene a month ago.

Lynch apologized to the victim Friday before heading into the Department of Motor Vehicles office to plead guilty to a traffic infraction -- failure to exercise due care.

He later apologized in writing to the team and its fans.

The plea was part of a deal reached by Lynch's lawyer and the Erie County District Attorney's office last week that will allow the running back to avoid a criminal charge.

The deal was announced shortly before a grand jury was to begin hearing testimony from Bills players and executives to determine whether Lynch was driving the Porsche Cayenne in the city's bar district early on May 31.

"Bills running back Marshawn Lynch will temporarily lose his drivers license and pay $150 in fines." :wacko:

Actually it is a $100 fine. Must be nice to be a football player, I somehow think the average joe would have faced stiffer penalties. Also will not have any penalties from the NFL. So much for Goodell's tougher stance policies. A flicking joke.

I go with the second position. Further, I would think they should also be brought up on charges for failure to report an accident involving bodily injury. I don't know the exact words, but you can get charged with something like this. They are not equally disgraceful as Lynch...but are a notch maybe two below.

I like how nobody is talking about the rainstorm we had that night or the fact that the stupid drunk girls were dancing in the rain in the the middle of the street. From What I have heard here in Buffalo Lynch swerved to miss a drunk girl in the middle of the street and clip the other girl walk out between two cars. He barely hit her at about 15 miles a hour, she walked into his car. He did not hit her at 60 mpg head on and keep going.

Yes he drove away, yes he should have stopped....but for cring out loud who is dancing in the street in one of the most popular place's on a saturday night in the rain?

You guys want to hang anybody that makes a mistake around here. The girl got 10 stitchs and some bruises. It's not like she is in a coma and needs medical attention for the rest of her life. I don't hear you people talking about the three diffrent people that hit that old man 2 days later and drove away. there isn't even anything on the news about that.

I like how nobody is talking about the rainstorm we had that night or the fact that the stupid drunk girls were dancing in the rain in the the middle of the street. From What I have heard here in Buffalo Lynch swerved to miss a drunk girl in the middle of the street and clip the other girl walk out between two cars. He barely hit her at about 15 miles a hour, she walked into his car. He did not hit her at 60 mpg head on and keep going.

Yes he drove away, yes he should have stopped....but for cring out loud who is dancing in the street in one of the most popular place's on a saturday night in the rain?

You guys want to hang anybody that makes a mistake around here. The girl got 10 stitchs and some bruises. It's not like she is in a coma and needs medical attention for the rest of her life. I don't hear you people talking about the three diffrent people that hit that old man 2 days later and drove away. there isn't even anything on the news about that.

If that's true (link?), then why didn't he stop? Running suggests that you've got drugs/alcohol in your system, so he still deserves a punishment.

I actually read the same thing, only it was 7stitches from what I read. I also read that he swerved missing one person, and then must have ht the other woman at that time.

Bottom line is he should have stopped, but he says he didnt know he hit anyone. I remember driving home one night in really heavy rain, and I drove by man who was hit by not one, not two, but 5 cars. Only one stopped. The man died. The only reason I say that is because you dont ALWAYS feel something you hit whe driving in pouring rain wether fast or slow. Yeah if you hit something head on you will, but if you clip something, or run OVER it, you dont.

WhyLynch failed to contact police after remains unknown, but we will never know if Lynch was drunk or not. Id say he likely was. Who the hell stays out past 3a sober anyway?

I actually read the same thing, only it was 7stitches from what I read. I also read that he swerved missing one person, and then must have ht the other woman at that time.

Bottom line is he should have stopped, but he says he didnt know he hit anyone. I remember driving home one night in really heavy rain, and I drove by man who was hit by not one, not two, but 5 cars. Only one stopped. The man died. The only reason I say that is because you dont ALWAYS feel something you hit whe driving in pouring rain wether fast or slow. Yeah if you hit something head on you will, but if you clip something, or run OVER it, you dont.

WhyLynch failed to contact police after remains unknown, but we will never know if Lynch was drunk or not. Id say he likely was. Who the hell stays out past 3a sober anyway?

Look in your mirror and if someone's lying in the frikin road at least call 911. She was lying there for almost 15 minutes.

CALL 911.

When I avoid hitting squirrels I look in the mirror to see what happened. Lynch is lying.

You're blaming the girl for getting hit by a drunk driver?

I've been down on Chippewa on a Saturday and it's packed. That's why most intelligent people get a cab or a limo instead of choosing to drive home drunk.

Look in your mirror and if someone's lying in the frikin road at least call 911. She was lying there for almost 15 minutes.

CALL 911.

When I avoid hitting squirrels I look in the mirror to see what happened. Lynch is lying.

Let me remind you what I just said...

You're blaming the girl for getting hit by a drunk driver?

I've been down on Chippewa on a Saturday and it's packed. That's why most intelligent people get a cab or a limo instead of choosing to drive home drunk.

I did not blame the girl...I'm just saying maybe she should looked before she stepped in to the street. But of course if she was drunk and did not look where she was going it's still Lynch's fault. The damage was on the right side of his car, which would indicate to me that as he drove by, she stepped out. But of course I was not there so that would be complite speculation.

Really?? I'm not sure when you were there, but the most times I go down town there might be one or two limo's. Your silly if you think people do not drive home after drinking.

One more thing...if you were not there or drinking with Lynch or around him you have no idea if he was drinking or not.

I am the first to normally NOT give the players the benefit of the doubt but in this case I just don't know.

If he was driving drunk and went home to just avoid the dui why not come forward sooner? i. e. as soon as he was sober.

If he KNEW he hit the girl, why drive straight home and park in the driveway? Why not try and figure out some way to hide what happened? Who was it last year or the year before who screwed up while driving last year and then abandoned his car and tried to say it was stolen?

Nothing really jives here.

Considering that he was driving an SUV and the girl who got hit suffered a minor cut and a bruised hip I would say that whatever contact was made it was very minor at best, meaning it had to ba a glancing blow which quite possibly was not even felt inside the vehicle. Conceivably she could have received the cut from the sideview mirror and the brusied hip from hitting the ground.

I am not going to try to determine whether he was drunk or not except to say there have been several times in my life that I have been out well past midnight without being drunk so just being out until 3 AM does not mean he was drunk.

All in all, I honestly think that Lynch was unaware that he hit someone and that the reason for the delay in coming forward was to allow him time to talk with his counsel to make sure that he did not do something stupid. And when he did come forward he did not plead Not-guilty. He admitted to driving the vehicle.

And for what it is worth, the officers, who are trained to tell when someone is lying, said he was genuinely surprised at the idea that anyone had even been hit that nght.

And we will be able to guage the reaction from Goodell as another indicator as to the severity of what happened here. With his campaign to cleanup the image of the NFL if he goes easy on Lynch then I will be even more inclined to believe that this was not a big deal.