[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer Can Chicken

Atlanta Cracker

Since you are using " The Egg ", I think all you need to do is this:

1. Open a can of beer. Put it on the cooking grate.

2. Put chicken on grate right next to beer can. DO NOT PUT CHICKEN ON THE CAN. THAT IS FOR REDNECK, NON-EGG USERS.

3. Put lid on Egg.

The Egg is next to God, so the Good Lord will add the necessary flavor. Eat and enjoy.

2. Put chicken on grate right next to beer can. DO NOT PUT CHICKEN ON THE CAN. THAT IS FOR REDNECK, NON-EGG USERS.

3. Put lid on Egg.

The Egg is next to God, so the Good Lord will add the necessary flavor. Eat and enjoy.

:wacko:

I rub with fresh ground chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and a little brown sugar. Then I cram half of a medium onion in the neck opening. I drink half a PBR, chop the remaining onion and put in the can w/ a clove of garlic. Jam the can in the chicken’s rear. Put the whole thing on indirect low heat, finish the remaining Papst (& Bourbon, as needed). Wallah.

3. Put lid on Egg.

I sense your jealousy and your envy. They are strong within you. You have always known that something vital has been missing from your life. Nothing fills this void for you, not drugs, not alcohol, not relationships in bathroom airports. You have become consumed by your despair and it hurts my eyes to look upon you. But I do look--deep into the blackness of your soul.

Your pain can end. There is a way. Leave your well-worn path. Step from that which is known. Have faith. Begin the journey and leave fear and wanting behind. And once you do, when you look to God and to The Egg, you will see but one object. And then the emptiness that is Chief Dick will be filled with contentment and love.

From Kid Cid:

If you do a beer can chicken you will never go wrong. Here's my favorite rub for this. It's not the Magic Dust, but pretty damn close. Makes enough for one bird.

1 Tbs Paprika

1 Tbs Kosher Salt

1 Tbs black pepper

1 tsp chile powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Coat the inside and the outside of a 3-4 lbs roasting chicken with this rub. Take a 16 oz beer can and pull the top off. Pour half of the beer in a glass. Take a church key and put two more holes in the top of the beer can. pour any remaining rub in the beer can. Shove the can up the bird's ass. Position on the grill using the birds legs to prop chicken up. You can fit two of these in a Weber Kettle or three of them in a Weber gas grill. Cook over indirect medium heat for 1 1/2 hours. Pull off the grill and let chicken rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve.

If you don't know about grilling using direct v indirect heat, go to http://www.weber.com for a primer. This knowledge alone will increase your grill mastery quickly.

BTW, rotisserie is ok, but you can't beat the beer can for the grill.

3. Put lid on Egg.

You would be quite suprised how well this would probably turn out...

How many do you think will fit on the egg? I'm hoping to squeeze 3 in there.

Also hadn't caught that it was a 16oz can he was referring to before!!

I'm thinking three would be do-able, if you squeeze them in. Of course, I could be wrong. I am sometimes wrong.