[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sportsline is due today

dcory

I've been in the CBS sportsline league with my friends for about 10 years now and it seems to be pretty reliable. Is there other FF hosts who can do the same thing that I should consider? I looked in the search part of this forum but couldn't find any info on this topic, so thanks for the advice.

D.

I've been in the CBS sportsline league with my friends for about 10 years now and it seems to be pretty reliable. Is there other FF hosts who can do the same thing that I should consider? I looked in the search part of this forum but couldn't find any info on this topic, so thanks for the advice.

D.

:wacko: Really? I feel like we go over this at least once a month.

:D Check out this thread. Only 3 votes were cast because MFL wasn't an option, and one of those votes was because someone thought NFL was MFL. Best site around. Enjoy!

I'm admittedly a bit of a company ho, having done some work for them, and I know they're seen as the satanic, bloodthirsty Mickey Mouse devouring everything in its path, but ESPN just keeps getting better and better, IMO. Their server issues of a couple years ago were a giant wake-up call to get their sh*t together and not just blindly assume people will play there because they're ESPN and people like sports. Much-improved interface. Lots of customization. And you don't have to pay for some of the Athenae that costs $$ on other sites (live scoring, etc.) MFL is also always very good. Never played on Fanball.

Don't like CBS or MFL at all.

Too many bells/whistles with no support at CBS as well as too expensive.

And while priced well with lots of variables for you to choose from to play your league by, MFL dosn't offer quite enough bells and whistles and is more difficult to navigate.

For my money FANBALL nails it. The right mix of both. Plenty of variables to enter, easy to navigate, priced well, great customer service, and what I consider to be just the right amount of bells and whistles. Some, but not too many.

Fanball definitely has my recommendation over the other two. Not even close.

After 11 years of being a paid customer at Fanball, I have decided this year will be my last as a paying customer in the Real League option. Horrible draft card, player data base, search functions etc etc etc with no improvement over the years despite plea's from the masses. The forum is the only reason I go to Fanball anymore. Although I would recommend Fanball Commish, for the money, nothing beats MFL. Thats just my :wacko:

Personally, I have a hard time justifying over $50 for a commissioner website, so all of the pay sites are overpriced, IMO. We had been using the AOL commissioner the last couple years because it was powered by fanball and free. Previously we've used fanball, mfl and cbs when it was free. This year AOL has switched to fleaflicker for some reason, and while it's still free, it looks like a big step back from fanball. Fleaflicker has a lot of options for scoring customization, but otherwise it's very basic and the live draft room is very limited (can't pre-enter picks, commish can't make selections for other teams). I stumbled upon the EA Sports commissioner last year and considered switching, this year its the front runner. A lot of scoring options and supports pretty much every thing our league needs. The live draft room won't be operational until mid-July, so I'm holding off final judgment until I can check that out. I also checked out the ESPN (limited scoring options) and Fox Sports (max. two divisions) free sites but they don't work for us. If I end up having to pay to play it will most likely be fanball.

Shameless plug time (hey, it's my site :wacko: )... If you do happen to choose MFL, don't forget to get your $10 Huddle Member discount. Just hit the button on the home page (center rail). You'll have to be a member to get the discount though.

Shameless plug time (hey, it's my site :wacko: )... If you do happen to choose MFL, don't forget to get your $10 Huddle Member discount. Just hit the button on the home page (center rail). You'll have to be a member to get the discount though.

Is that in addition to the early bird special or just now that they are full price?

Is that in addition to the early bird special or just now that they are full price?

Well, since their early bird discount has ended, that would be no.

• 2 weeks later...

Our leauge is thinking of making the switch from CBS Sportsline.com to MFL as well....It is less money and seems to offer a lot...

As we have used CBS for many years now, one thing we find comes in handy is the Draft Board that is provided with the paid entry. If we make the switch to MFL, do they offer something similar. If not, does anyone know where can obtain something similar to assist on draft day (it is the board, by round, that provides you with stickers for most nfl offensive players).

thanks!!

After 11 years of being a paid customer at Fanball, I have decided this year will be my last as a paying customer in the Real League option. Horrible draft card, player data base, search functions etc etc etc with no improvement over the years despite plea's from the masses. The forum is the only reason I go to Fanball anymore. Although I would recommend Fanball Commish, for the money, nothing beats MFL. Thats just my :wacko:

+1 (and about a million others if you visit their own forums and ask around)