[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LB Jordan Dizon arrested for DUI

Bronco Billy

From the Rocky Mountain News this morning (no link yet):

Former University of Colorado linebacker Jordan Dizon was arrested April 20 and cited for driving under the influence, driving the wrong way down a one-way street and failure to provide proof of insurance.

According to a Boulder (Colorado) police report, Dizon's blood alcohol level was 0.097, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Dizon has pleaded not guilty to the charges. He is scheduled to appear in Boulder County Court on Aug. 18 and has a trial set for Oct. 21

Link to Boulder Daily Camera story

Former Buff Jordon Dizon charged with DUI

Star linebacker drafted by Lions six days after arrest

By Kyle Ringo (Contact)

Monday, June 23, 2008

Former CU linebacker Jordon Dizon, 22, was arrested April 20 and cited for driving under the influence, driving the wrong way on a one-way street and failure to provide proof of insurance. According to a police report, Dizon’s blood-alcohol level was 0.097, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Six days after his arrest — which received no media attention — Dizon was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the second round of the National Football League draft.

During a court appearance today, Dizon’s attorney, Peter Schaffer, filed a motion to waive the ex-Buff’s appearance at a scheduled case management conference. Dizon, who was named a team captain along with Jackson prior to last season, must appear at all future court hearings.

Dizon has pleaded not guilty to the charges. He is scheduled to appear in Boulder County Court on Aug. 18 and has a trial set for Oct. 21.

In a phone interview from his home in Hawaii today, Dizon told the Camera he regrets the incident and understands it reflects poorly on him.

He referred all questions to Schaffer.

“I was very polite to the officer. I did everything he asked me to and I acted like a man,” Dizon said. “It’s a bad situation and I’m sorry that it happened.”

According to Boulder police records, officers found Dizon parked facing south on northbound Walnut Street, near 13th Street, at 2 a.m. April 20. Police officers said Dizon was cooperative and told them he had only stopped briefly to pick up a friend.

Police observed the smell of alcohol on Dizon’s breath and asked him to consent to voluntary roadside tests, according to the report. Dizon admitted to drinking two margaritas earlier in the evening, according to police records.

Schaffer said his client passed a breathalyzer test, but there is no mention in the arrest report of such a test being administered.

Officers arrested Dizon and he later consented to a blood test.

“Jordon is an outstanding football player, person and citizen,” Schaffer said. “I think that over time he will continue to demonstrate that to all his fans in both Michigan and Colorado.”

From the Rocky Mountain News this morning (no link yet):

Former University of Colorado linebacker Jordan Dizon was arrested April 20 and cited for driving under the influence, driving the wrong way down a one-way street and failure to provide proof of insurance.

According to a Boulder (Colorado) police report, Dizon's blood alcohol level was 0.097, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Dizon has pleaded not guilty to the charges. He is scheduled to appear in Boulder County Court on Aug. 18 and has a trial set for Oct. 21

Dizon was NOT a member of the NFL at that point in time...the draft was held on April 26th and 27th so I don't see how he can end up in their program because of this.

Link to Boulder Daily Camera story

Former Buff Jordon Dizon charged with DUI

Star linebacker drafted by Lions six days after arrest

By Kyle Ringo (Contact)

Monday, June 23, 2008

Former CU linebacker Jordon Dizon, 22, was arrested April 20 and cited for driving under the influence, driving the wrong way on a one-way street and failure to provide proof of insurance. According to a police report, Dizon’s blood-alcohol level was 0.097, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Six days after his arrest — which received no media attention — Dizon was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the second round of the National Football League draft.

During a court appearance today, Dizon’s attorney, Peter Schaffer, filed a motion to waive the ex-Buff’s appearance at a scheduled case management conference. Dizon, who was named a team captain along with Jackson prior to last season, must appear at all future court hearings.

Dizon has pleaded not guilty to the charges. He is scheduled to appear in Boulder County Court on Aug. 18 and has a trial set for Oct. 21.

In a phone interview from his home in Hawaii today, Dizon told the Camera he regrets the incident and understands it reflects poorly on him.

He referred all questions to Schaffer.

“I was very polite to the officer. I did everything he asked me to and I acted like a man,” Dizon said. “It’s a bad situation and I’m sorry that it happened.”

According to Boulder police records, officers found Dizon parked facing south on northbound Walnut Street, near 13th Street, at 2 a.m. April 20. Police officers said Dizon was cooperative and told them he had only stopped briefly to pick up a friend.

Police observed the smell of alcohol on Dizon’s breath and asked him to consent to voluntary roadside tests, according to the report. Dizon admitted to drinking two margaritas earlier in the evening, according to police records.

Schaffer said his client passed a breathalyzer test, but there is no mention in the arrest report of such a test being administered.

Officers arrested Dizon and he later consented to a blood test.

“Jordon is an outstanding football player, person and citizen,” Schaffer said. “I think that over time he will continue to demonstrate that to all his fans in both Michigan and Colorado.”

Dizon was NOT a member of the NFL at that point in time...the draft was held on April 26th and 27th so I don't see how he can end up in their program because of this.

That is an interesting point. The league should not be taking any action against him. This could become a very interesting situation to watch.

According to PFT Frostee Rucker was disciplined by the NFL for a pre-draft infraction.

Yeah, because the Patriots never lose a first round draft pick as a penalty and I definitely imagined Rodney Harrison's 4 game suspension.

Does this mean we should ensue with the discussion regarding videotapes destroyed by the commish on behalf of the Patriots? They got a slap on the wrist for blatantly cheating - only a hard core homer would disagree with that. And no one but the Patriots & the commish will know the extent of it since the evidence is now in ashes.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Does this mean we should ensue with the discussion regarding videotapes destroyed by the commish on behalf of the Patriots? They got a slap on the wrist for blatantly cheating - only a hard core homer would disagree with that. And no one but the Patriots & the commish will know the extent of it since the evidence is now in ashes.

You can argue all you want. I'm not arguing. You made a statement that the Patriots don't get punished. You were wrong and I simply pointed out 2 punishments that show this. No argument.