[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

beer and ice

dmarc117

Never. If the beer is so crappy that you have to water it down to drink it, just drink something that tastes better.

:wacko:

Doesn't the beer get watered down really quickly?

I tried putting some ice in my scotch, but it watered down too fast, so I think I'm off ice for a while.

not really....like i said i only do it when its balls hot out and the beer isnt that cold. i just hate how warm the beers are from those bar fridges. usually do it with a budlite or summershandy.

Edited by dmarc117

:D

Doesn't the beer get watered down really quickly?

I tried putting some ice in my scotch, but it watered down too fast, so I think I'm off ice for a while.

I put ice in my water and it seems to do just fine. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Beer gets warm? :wacko:

When I was in high school, I had an epiphany - "ya know" I said, "twelve ounces really is the perfect size for a beer, because right about the time it's getting a little bit warm, you're done." My friends nodded reverently, impressed with the depth of the thought.

So one day in college, drinking with a different group of friends, I lifted my pint glass high, regarded it for a moment, and told them "I used to think that twelve ounces was the perfect size for a beer, but I was wrong. It's clearly the pint, which allows you to finish it right about at the moment it starts to get the slightest bit warm." My friends vigorously agreed, as they had up to that moment held the same misconception themselves.

Then in my post-college days, we were at a tavern that wisely served 23-oz mugs, as that was, I observed "truly the best size for a beer to be, as it allows you to finish it right at the moment warmth begins to seep into its delicious coldness." My friends toasted my genius.

Then I discovered German beers, which you can drink as warm as you like, and hooked an IV up to the keg. :D