[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got the 3rd pick in my redraft league

Scourge

my bad, I meant, you're draft position is based on your league's bias against the cowboys. You can take MB later cuz your opponents are Philly phanatics :wacko:

PS: booo Santa!

Enough with the Santa.. I was not even born yet...

And I sat on my hands when Irvin got blown up...

I do take part in the a-hole chant at opposing fans at NFC East home games... But, I don't outside of the division.. All in good fun..

Point taken by the way about draft position based on league bias... Looking at it again.. I still don't think he slips to 23.. Possibly 18 though if I say with 3.... How about S-Jax and MBIII with my first 2 picks.. I would be happy with that I guess.

I appreciate the feedback guys, thanks.

I'm not sure what the problem is with having the 3rd pick in a draft. I've seen experts pick SJax anywhere from 1.01 to 1.03. Obviously I wouldn't take him before 1.03 myself. When Westy is still on the board when I'm up in a draft, I'm less excited about it than others, except in a PPR. But he needs to be picked sooner rather than later in the first round. I like the Barbarian better than some but not to replace any top stud running backs.

Edited by MikesVikes

I would gladly trade out of 1.3 and let the SJax lovers come and get him this year. I don't think he's a question mark, he's just a little bit overrated due to the weak team around him. The O-line is a work in progress. Pace will never be what he was after missing, what, 2 years now? The defense is a sieve. He's still a first rounder for sure, but I wouldn't draft him above 1.6.

As horrible as the O-line was last year, SJax still put up really nice numbers down the stretch. Over the last 10 games, on one of the most injury-decimated offenses in recent memory, he produced more than 1,100 total yards, 34 receptions, and 6 TDs. Projected over 16 games, that's 1700 yards, 55 rec, and 10 TDs.

Add in healthier WRs, a healthy Bulger, the return of Pace, and the lack of historically bad injury luck along the entire O-line...I'm not sure you can go wrong picking SJax ANYWHERE in the top 3. For me, he and LT are pretty much tied at the top spot (only because I believe LT has peaked and SJax hasn't yet).

Good stuff BB, thanks... I will bust this thread back out after my draft on 8/24 and let you know what I did and who I get at 18 overall providing I stick with what I have..

ADP research is critical in drafts, IMO, my friend.

If you identify a player as someone who will enhance your roster, then the next step is figuring out where to take him and then doing what you need to do to put yourself in a position to draft him. Knowing where that player is going in drafts is imperative. This is a great example. If you really want Barber on your roster because you think he's going to be a top 5 RB, then you can't wait for pick 2.09 to have him drop to you - he'll be long gone by then (much less by the 3rd round). You're going to have to do something to get into the late middle of the first round, and even higher if you consider him an irreplacable cog on your FF team so that you are sure to get him.

When I was speaking to doing research, this is what I was referencing.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I did kind of take that the wrong way at first. I was stressed out yesterday with some stuff going on at work..

I usually use ADP when I start really getting down to business and coming up with my strategy. Generall it is a combination of ADP, EoS and personal sleeper picks. This is getting me fired up to start doing my research early this year.

IMO, i dont want any of the top 5 draft spots..hell the top 7 spots. RBs are consistently falling off in FF production, due to RBBC and without saying the increasing popularity of PPR leagues. I'll take double stud WRs and my choice of my 4 or 5 sleeper RBs in the 3 & 4 round. Or even a stud QB with a follow up RB in the 4th.

If I can't have LT2, I dont want the first 7 picks...honestly..i'd be happy with the 12th pick all day.

Take SJax and thank us later. The Rams drafted two very good players that an be plugged into the OG spots and fix their line immediately. I always put a little more stock into RB on teams that upgrade at OG, because that usually boosts the running game far more than the addition of any other position.

Greco and the other rookie(cant remember right now) will fix that line enough to bring SJAX back to form.

As horrible as the O-line was last year, SJax still put up really nice numbers down the stretch. Over the last 10 games, on one of the most injury-decimated offenses in recent memory, he produced more than 1,100 total yards, 34 receptions, and 6 TDs. Projected over 16 games, that's 1700 yards, 55 rec, and 10 TDs.

Add in healthier WRs, a healthy Bulger, the return of Pace, and the lack of historically bad injury luck along the entire O-line...I'm not sure you can go wrong picking SJax ANYWHERE in the top 3. For me, he and LT are pretty much tied at the top spot (only because I believe LT has peaked and SJax hasn't yet).

Hmmmm, could be.