[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday ticket

Sam

Are you sure about getting the free SF if you order by July 31? The website says it's an extra $99 - I want to order the ticket but not for $368

I got an email from them, so I would be very upset if I called in based on the email that I received from them (I have had DTV for about 6 years) and regularly get e-mails from them as a customer so I would expect them to honor that e-mail that I received on 7/2.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSU, what kind of programing package do you have , & how long have you been a ticket subscriber?? I'm curious as to why some customers get the offer for free SF and some dont.

Directv places its customers into "buckets"

The better the package and the longer you were a customer the more they will do for you. I am certain about this.

I'm guessing not everyone gets this deal; I had Sunday Ticket last year, have been an on-time paying customer for over a year, but never got this offer. In fact, the offer I just received last week is for the regular price, no deals.

I think it was a directed email and I specifically called to verify the email and the person had to check with someone and placed me on hold. He came back online and DID confirm that I would get the $20 Early bird price as well as the Super Fan package for $99 FOR FREE, so it was legit. I am guessing if you try and call them and explain that one of your friends recieved this email and he got this offer and you would like the same offer they may accomodate as you were referred by your friend (me). Worth a shot to get a better deal.

Just got off the phone. They wouldn't budge on the Sunday Ticket price, but I've been wanting a DVR for a while, so I played that angle instead.

They wound up giving me a DVR and DVR service free for a year. I'm a happy customer. :wacko:

You will love the DVR. Got mine about 2 years ago and wouldn't go back to normal TV ever again. It is great!

PSU, what kind of programing package do you have , & how long have you been a ticket subscriber?? I'm curious as to why some customers get the offer for free SF and some dont.

I had the NFL Ticket for the first two years that I was will DirecTV and loved it. However, several years ago I got Panthers season tickets and had to adjust my budget to pay for the season tickets, plus the fact that I would miss at least 8 weekends of using the NFL Ticket while I was at the Panther game. Perhaps the e-mail offer was an enticement to get me back as a NFL Ticket subscriber.

:wacko:

I cancelled mine two weeks ago but for a different reason but after reading your post about them upping the fee I now know I made the right choice. I also realized that for 10 weeks of the season I'm actually at the games and when I'm home I usually watch the games that are televised on my locals already so it was a waste.

On a side note, If I could have reached through the phone to kill the customer service rep I would have.

I checked my bill last night. I am being charged for the Sunday Ticket, but it has the renewal notice for Superfan for $0 so I think I'm getting it for free as well.

just checked mine... said the same thing...knock on wood that the $0 stay that way throughout.

just checked mine... said the same thing...knock on wood that the $0 stay that way throughout.

Keep an eye on your bill, those f'ers will do some creative accounting to make sure they get their money. Part of the reason why I cancelled along with the fact that I called them on it too and they started backpedaling.

Direct TV automatically renews your Sunday Ticket and Superfan each year, unless you specifically notify them otherwise. They notify this automoatic renewal by noting it on your bill as an uncharged line item a couple months before the season starts. Then when the season starts....BAM!....you get dinged for the money.

Edited by Pancake

Direct TV automatically renews your Sunday Ticket and Superfan each year, unless you specifically notify them otherwise. They notify this automoatic renewal by noting it on your bill as an uncharged line item a couple months before the season starts. Then when the season starts....BAM!....you get dinged for the money.

They notify me with a "personalized" note from them, but looks like it came from the Packers but part of the package says it is an aotumatic renewal. So if they have your favorite team on record, they will send the renewal notice making it look like it came from that team.

it showed the amount for $XX.XX for ST, but $0 for SF.

So let me get this straight, the Superfan package is free for returning customers this year? Where is that advertised, that alone makes it worth it for me.

Its marked on my statement as free

I was just wondering if you had superfan before or maybe the $0 means you haven't ordered it. I had the ticket for the past 6 years and I haven't received anything about getting it free.

For the price of a single game for my family, probably less, I get 16 Charger games here in DC. I can't think of a better deal. Hanging at home with my wife and kids, watching my favorite team and then MY choice of the second game instead of what the network rams me with.

I get tired of multiple micro-compressions of the dorsal posterior spine as much as the next guy, but The Ticket serves me well and I am greatfull to have the option.

This is what I meant....without the ability to articulate it at the moment. :wacko:

I was just wondering if you had superfan before or maybe the $0 means you haven't ordered it. I had the ticket for the past 6 years and I haven't received anything about getting it free.

i've had ST for since 95... only had SF for 2 seasons..this would be the 3rd.

Just checked my package on line and it confirmed the same - I guess I'll wait and see if I get billed later. :wacko:

Same here. And my most recent bill says :

08/01 07/31 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 6 Payments XXXX

08/04 09/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan Renewal Notice: No Payment Due 0.00

Just shot an email to Directv to confirm that I'm going to be getting it for free...

Edit: Buyer beware.....just got this email back from Directv. Figures it was too good to be true.

Base on our records, you have the NFL SuperFan auto renewal with the lowest season price available at #### for # easy payments. I understand you want to get it for free. We'd like to speak with you to see how we can help you, so please call us at ###-###-#### so we can assist you.
Edited by myhousekey

i got the ST and SF for $249

link to free SF

http://customerinfo.directv.com/directv/?U...RzJuyJE4BEpvy5U

The is the exact e-mail that I received from DirecTV. I called them to verify the offer and after he checked with his supervisor or another colleague, he told me that was the deal.

Edited by PSULions

I got NFL Ticket when it came out around 7-8 years ago, was right around $100. I stopped getting when it went up to $225 a couple years ago.The price has gone up on avg $20 a year since Direct TV came out with it. The fact is, people are still getting it at those prices, at least most are. Without competition with cable or Dish Netowork etc to show NFL games, the only thing that will bring the price down is when they start to lose a significant number of customers due to the price point.

its been a couple years since I have played FF (and been to The Huddle) glad to see I still have my account!!

Same here. And my most recent bill says :

08/01 07/31 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 6 Payments XXXX

08/04 09/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan Renewal Notice: No Payment Due 0.00

Just shot an email to Directv to confirm that I'm going to be getting it for free...

Edit: Buyer beware.....just got this email back from Directv. Figures it was too good to be true.

They're going to rework your entire package (channels, etc) then make you renew for another contract. After 3 months or so you'll then have to go online or contact them to restructure things again. THEY WILL NOT CORRECT IT THEMSELVES. It's a load of crap and this is one of the reasons why I told them to go to hell two weeks ago.

They're going to rework your entire package (channels, etc) then make you renew for another contract. After 3 months or so you'll then have to go online or contact them to restructure things again. THEY WILL NOT CORRECT IT THEMSELVES. It's a load of crap and this is one of the reasons why I told them to go to hell two weeks ago.

Once FIOS becomes available in my area I might leave Directv alltogether eventhough I love their football package....WAY to expensive