[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs Ban Standing

alexgaddis

In all fairness though, there are probably 5 to 10 thousand elderly folks in any professional league staduim in America going off like that because the crowd in front of them was standing the whole game.

It not really fair for either party that pays $25 for a parking spot and $120 for a ticket to tell them that they have to stand or sit.

But like I said earlier, I'm sure that rule is in place to stop individual problems. How can you make 1000 people in a section sit down?

how about family sections? no standing, no excessive cheering, no cursing, no smoking, etc. Why not dedicate 5000 seats (out of 75,000) to families?

When I go with my buddies, I don't want to have to watch myself around kids. And when I go with kids, I don't want people like me acting up.

I swear that I never even noticed people at the games cussing, drinking, and fighing until I took my son when he was 18 months old. It was a real eye opener.

#1. The Chiefs wont have that much to stand and cheer about.

Ha!

:D

No argument there. The Chiefs will be horrible this yea...

Wait a minute. I'm a Falcon's fan. :wacko:

Edited by Someone

By JEFFREY FLANAGAN

The Kansas City Star

White Rest easy, Chiefs fans. You may stand during Chiefs games.

There has been a buzz on the Internet recently about a certain item within the Chiefs “Fan Code of Conduct,” which is posted on the team’s Web site. That item had stated that the Arrowhead Stadium staff this season will proactively intervene with fans who are “standing and/or obstructing the view of other fans.”

Of course, that’s not exactly what the Chiefs meant, and upon further review, the language of the policy was changed last week to read “continuous standing and/or obstructing the view of other fans.”

“It was never our intent to try and legislate when fans can stand or not,” Chiefs director of public relations Bob Moore said. “We want fans on their feet and cheering. That’s what Arrowhead is all about, and that’s what has given us a home-field advantage.

“We just want fans to show some common sense and courtesy. Not everyone, especially some of the elderly or the young children, can stand the entire game. Take into consideration the guy sitting behind you.”

Moore said the Chiefs are not the only team posting a fan code of conduct.

“There was a letter sent out by the commissioner to all NFL teams recently,” Moore said. “The commissioner is putting a point of emphasis on fan conduct. And every team has probably tweaked their code of conduct to suit their specific issues.”

Part of the Raiders’ fan code of conduct, for example, states that fans can get kicked out by “refusal to remove or turn inside-out clothing deemed offensive or obscene upon request by stadium personnel.”

Part of the Steelers’ fan code of conduct frowns on “displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting.”

“We also want our fans to know,” Moore said, “that there is a way to text stadium personnel about potential problems. If you’re at a game and you notice someone around you who is being unruly or is using abusive language, you can text stadium personnel to deal with the problem.

“If you’re caught in that situation, this way you won’t have to confront the other individual, or maybe have to leave your children to find some stadium personnel to deal with it. You can just text.”

I've thought for a couple years that somebody was going to try this. Honestly this sounds like something that would be attempted in Seattle as well. Lets face it, over the last decade, pro football games have become increasingly difficult to take the family or elderly to. My grandfather had season tickets to the Hawks for almost 30 years but finally gave them up because most Seahawks fans stand the whole game. I remember a few games where he literally didn't see one play. I was at a game last season where an elderly lady politely asked a man in front of her if he could sit down for a few minutes so she could watch some of the game. His reply was "if you want to sit down, stay home". Seriously? Is that what we have come to?? I agree with the previous poster. They need to have a standing section and a seating section. There isn't a simple resolution that will make the masses happy. I've got back and knee problems already and sadly enough there will probably be a time in the future that it won't be easy for me to stand up and sit down every 30 seconds. Hopefully this doesn't keep me from going to a few games. I, for one, give kudos to the decision makers in KC. Quite simply, something has to be done about the culture of these games. That is probably an argument for a different post, but at any rate, at least someone is trying to bring families back to football.

Ha!

:D

No argument there. The Chiefs will be horrible this yea...

Wait a minute. I'm a Falcon's fan. :wacko:

Not so sure, I really like their draft this year and think even Will Franklin and Brandon Carr(4th and 5th rounders) will be starters. Time will tell, but I like what they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...