[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CCS Pick #6

Avernus

Could you elaborate? With Martz in SF, I think the opposite is true.

Look at Kevin Jones last year with Martz. After a 100 yd 2 TD game he touched the ball 9 times the next game.

Ryan Grant

I'd be grabbing Brady right here, and getting any one of the next 10 RBs that are essentially interchangeable.

Grant, Portis, Gore, LJ, Barber, Lynch, Lewis, etc....they'll all likely finish with a handful of FF points of each other.

Brady, on the other hand, is likely to outscore the rest of the QB pool by 50+. That's real value.

I am actually starting to think this....

or just draft Moss here and then trade him after a likely hot start before he cools off when the temperature drops late in the season...

I am actually starting to think this....

or just draft Moss here and then trade him after a likely hot start before he cools off when the temperature drops late in the season...

I can't bring myself to doing this. Twice in the past 20 years of ff I can remember drafting a QB in the first or second round. Both times I got smoked by that pick. Once was Steve Young and once was Peyton Manning. Both times they came off of monster years and you just told yourself that you could not miss with that pick. The Manning pick was not a total team killer but no way was he worth taking where I did and the Steve Young pick was a total bust for my team. I rarely have a top pick for my team QB as I normally grab that 10th or even 12th QB taken in the draft. Sometimes as late as the 7th round and I am pretty happy with my overall results with the sort of approach.

For me and my CCS picks, the QB's always make the list without my vote as I just never can see taking them where a lot of others do. I will give you that Brady should indeed be the first QB off the board though. :wacko:

Look at Kevin Jones last year with Martz. After a 100 yd 2 TD game he touched the ball 9 times the next game.

Ryan Grant

That's not fair that you have that trump card in your pocket :wacko: . KJ is no Gore however. I love Gore's upside..especially in the receiving department and for a PPR league such as this, this is a prime spot for him to go. IMHO of course :D

That's not fair that you have that trump card in your pocket :D . KJ is no Gore however. I love Gore's upside..especially in the receiving department and for a PPR league such as this, this is a prime spot for him to go. IMHO of course :D

Hopefully I can get this one in before its closed :wacko:

KJ, if he hadn't had a slew of injuries is more talented than Gore. He was strapped with a horrible team, worse coaching (including the "mad scientist" Martz) and bad luck.

Anywho, I want no part of anyone on SF in the 1st round

Portis, you suckers can have Gore.

Edited by Zooty

I think Portis or Gore are close here, for some reason I like Portis this year. For all you people thinking Brady early you're nuts. Everyone was on Peytons jock after his record year and were let down the next year. You're living in the past. Not saying that Brady will suck my any means, just taking a QB in the first- at the 6th spot no less- is suicide.

Gore. Though I agree there are several ways to go from this point and beyond.

I can't bring myself to doing this. Twice in the past 20 years of ff I can remember drafting a QB in the first or second round. Both times I got smoked by that pick. Once was Steve Young and once was Peyton Manning. Both times they came off of monster years and you just told yourself that you could not miss with that pick. The Manning pick was not a total team killer but no way was he worth taking where I did and the Steve Young pick was a total bust for my team. I rarely have a top pick for my team QB as I normally grab that 10th or even 12th QB taken in the draft. Sometimes as late as the 7th round and I am pretty happy with my overall results with the sort of approach.

For me and my CCS picks, the QB's always make the list without my vote as I just never can see taking them where a lot of others do. I will give you that Brady should indeed be the first QB off the board though. :wacko:

after the 1st 4 or 5.....this is the 1st year where I have no idea where to go and see a serious drop-off

I still don't like taking a QB 1st and probably won't have the guts to do it when the time comes....

I mean, if Moss gets hurt.....there goes Brady's production....

this tally could be off because I had to keep going back to see if someone was making another comment after a vote and also others made their vote vague.....so from what I can see, it goes like this so far...

Gore - 17

Portis - 9

Moss - 2

Brady - 2

Lynch - 1

Grant - 1

keep em coming..

you think we should end it as it is?..

How many votes you been getting? That's a pretty sizeable lead.

I'm a night huddler now and it seems like I'm missing every other pick. I wouldn't mind casting a second vote before things slow down for the holiday but certainly don't let that factor into the decision to go to 7, particularly if there's people who have been consistently voting and haven't thrown in their :wacko: .

I don't know about everyone else but I export the CCS into my spreadsheet for reference during drafts. It's a tool for me so the more votes, the better.

How many votes you been getting? That's a pretty sizeable lead.

I'm a night huddler now and it seems like I'm missing every other pick. I wouldn't mind casting a second vote before things slow down for the holiday but certainly don't let that factor into the decision to go to 7, particularly if there's people who have been consistently voting and haven't thrown in their :wacko: .

I don't know about everyone else but I export the CCS into my spreadsheet for reference during drafts. It's a tool for me so the more votes, the better.

fair enough, I'll start a new one right now so a few night huddlers can have some early input...