[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Favre comes back who would he play for

Randall

who would he play for  

29 members have voted

1. 1. who would he play for

• Kansas City
    • Tampa
    • Buffalo
    • Minnesota
    • Atlanta
    • Seattle
    • Miami
    • Jets
    • Baltimore
    • Green Bay
    • Other
    • NFL Network to work with mooch

I think GB another Favre thread. :D

It's the only one I started. :wacko: If he does come back to play where he goes is an interesting topic. He wouldn't want to be a backup but could help a team mentor a younger QB if he was willing. Kansas City, The Jets or Buffalo are possibilities in my opinion.

I wish he'd do or say he's retired though. Snd you retirement papers in or ask to be traded.

Vikes are soooo close, except at QB.

If what is being reported is accurate, it looks like GB does not want him back. If he goes to another team, I would think it would be to a contending team. There are not too many on that list. Not sure how all the logistics would play out, but if GB turns their back on him, what better way to burn them, than to play for the Vikings. Of course, all this is based on a lot of speculation at this point...

If what is being reported is accurate, it looks like GB does not want him back. If he goes to another team, I would think it would be to a contending team. There are not too many on that list. Not sure how all the logistics would play out, but if GB turns their back on him, what better way to burn them, than to play for the Vikings. Of course, all this is based on a lot of speculation at this point...

But the Pack still owns his rights and there is no way in hell they would trade him to the Vikes

Wouldn't they have to pay him whatever his contract was at the time? Or atleast veteran minimum?

He had signed a long-term contract, so they would have to pay him the 2008 value if he returns. - about $11 million for 2008 and $14 million for 2009.

Edited by Big John

But the Pack still owns his rights and there is no way in hell they would trade him to the Vikes

I don't know about that. We thought that of past players, not traded but FA's that went there like Darren Sharper. The team, players and fans see loyalty very differently.

Randy Moss last year created a lot of controversy. Why he wasn't signed is still up for debate, Many fans were very much against his coming there while others wanted him.

How about to the team that wanted him in the first place. The NY Jets

Ron Wolf wanted him but they didn't have a 1st round pick. He was taken right before they picked. Then for some reason they allowed Wolf to go to Green Bay while still under contract. Thank you Jets. :wacko:

Appearing on Milwaukee TV stations late Wednesday, Brett Favre's family members said Favre is staying in shape but indicated he no longer feels wanted by Packers GM Ted Thompson.

Scott Favre put his brother's chances of returning at 50-50. "We know he can still play, he's healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me." Favre's mother, Bonita, says her son hasn't felt wanted by Thompson "for the last couple of years." Favre never formally filed for retirement. The Packers must keep, release, or trade Favre if he requests to be taken off the reserve/retired list.

So because Thompson picked the players he thought best for the team he didn't like Favre? :wacko:

Sounds like a perfect candidate for the Vikings.

Where would Bradshaw play if he came back? :wacko:

Well, he is the 2nd best QB ever to play for the Steelers, so, perhaps he could come back to be the best to ever play for the Steelers backup ? :D

Plus the Vikes already have a guy that is perfectly capable of throwing INTs

Well, he is the 2nd best QB ever to play for the Steelers, so, perhaps he could come back to be the best to ever play for the Steelers backup ? :wacko:

Don't go talking smack about Charlie Batch. :D

Even though I'm a Bear fan - I have always loved Favre. I would love to have Favre in the Blue/Orange.

Well Edgar Bennett may have good things to say about Chicago even though Curtis Enis was drafted after telling him he'd be the starter. :D

He didn't do well there last year though. I think he's tired of the cold and would like a dome or southern team. San Diego? :wacko: