[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CCS Pick #8

Avernus

I am somewhat surprised that Willis McGahee hasn't been mentioned. Cam Cameron was the OC during LT2's record breaking season. Cam leaves to Miami and Ronnie Brown was a top 3 RB until he went down to injury. He should be a consideration as well. McGahee was one reception away from cracking the top ten reception leaders for RB's. Cam Cameron should catapult him in or near the top 5.

Of the other RB's mentioned along this thread: I would go Lynch in a keeper or MBIII in a redraft.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy hands down for me here I know RB's are gettting hard to come by but those points you can get from Moss far outway what the RB's who are available here can deliver.

IMHO, the problem with taking Moss this early or even Brady this early is what do you do about Manning and TO? I'm a tier guy so niether player feels like that much of a value against the other two in their respective tiers. Whereas, RB is already thin. We are ranking from a fantasy perspective and if I've got the #8 pick I'm taking Lych and crossing my fingers that either Moss or TO or Manning will be there with the 2.05 and if I decide to pass on them, I've got me 2 very solid RBs. I take Moss here and I'm going RB at the 2.05, I wouldn't have any choice. You can't advocate waiting until the 3.08 for your #1 RB. IMHO.

But if I knew what I was doing I'd probably have won a league by now. It the people have spoken, I'm ready to vote Lynch again whenever our man Avernus decides it is time to make the call.

I kew this would be a fun CCS this year. Greatness here folks. :wacko:

If you took Moss here, you could possibly grab TO, Manning or another solid back in round two. I have seen a few teams go Moss, Manning and 3 rbs right in a row, like Graham and two rookies.

You in the generic could. You as in CFH would implode before the 3.08 got back to me if I had no RBs.

If you took Moss here, you could possibly grab TO, Manning or another solid back in round two. I have seen a few teams go Moss, Manning and 3 rbs right in a row, like Graham and two rookies.

I think in a league with more savvy owners you won't be able to execute that plan.

I'm still surprised that people who play in BoTH league would take a WR this early. There was a lot of talk last year about going WR/WR at the turn. I wonder how many of those attempts panned out?

I think in a league with more savvy owners you won't be able to execute that plan.

I'm still surprised that people who play in BoTH league would take a WR this early. There was a lot of talk last year about going WR/WR at the turn. I wonder how many of those attempts panned out?

I vote Lynch.....but the only way I would take WR/WR at the turn is if I was in a 16 team redraft that allowed you to start only one RB and 4 WR's...there can be some argument for that.

I vote Lynch.....but the only way I would take WR/WR at the turn is if I was in a 16 team redraft that allowed you to start only one RB and 4 WR's...there can be some argument for that.

I'll agree with that. For this I was assuming it was 12 team, start 2 RB, 3 WR since that's pretty standard.

I'll agree with that. For this I was assuming it was 12 team, start 2 RB, 3 WR since that's pretty standard.

We have the debate every year and I think we are ranking them fantasy-wise without draft consideration and I just make a mistake when I consider things like drafting position each year. I still say Lynch though.

Edited by Clubfoothead

We have the debate every year and I think we are ranking them fantasy-wise without draft consideration and I just make a mistake when I consider things like drafting position each year. I still say Lynch though.

Great, I'll open the debate again since its weighs heavily on how I would rank players. Big difference between rankings for 16 or 12 team leagues and whether you need to start 1, 2 or 3 RBs and WRs. Not to mention once you get to TE value area.

Avernus, want to add that to the initial post as well?

Great, I'll open the debate again since its weighs heavily on how I would rank players. Big difference between rankings for 16 or 12 team leagues and whether you need to start 1, 2 or 3 RBs and WRs. Not to mention once you get to TE value area.

Avernus, want to add that to the initial post as well?

I don't think more than 12 teams has ever been a consideration.

I just have a vague recollection of being chastized when saying I was taping player "X" because of what that meant I would have to do with the 2.05 or whatever. I don't think your vote is supposed to be predicated on what your next pick will be for that draft slot.

SImply the next best fantasy player .

I don't think more than 12 teams has ever been a consideration.

I just have a vague recollection of being chastized when saying I was taping player "X" because of what that meant I would have to do with the 2.05 or whatever. I don't think your vote is supposed to be predicated on what your next pick will be for that draft slot.

SImply the next best fantasy player .

Than the whole exercise becomes irrelevant. You can't rank players in a vacuum. Jeez in the first post he listed the whole scoring system so that can be factored in. Without that type of info we might as well just rank them based on value to each NFL team.

The next best player is the next best player no matter what size the league is though. :D

Your vote would also be different maybe if the CCS were based on your league scoring too. When we started doing the CCS I don't think there were too many 16 tems leagues. I don't believe in 14 team leagues so if you are in one of those adjust the CCS accordingly, the same for you people in 23 team leagues. :wacko:

I would think you should assume a 12 team league but I'll see what I can find archived. Let's not make this anymore of a chore than it needs to be We should be thankful Avernus wades through our banal commentary just to figure out who we are voting for anyways. We aren't paying him enough for his time and effort.

Screw why I voted for Lynch, I probably, by the rules, shouldn't vote for Lynch over Moss because that would force me to go RB in the next round. Fortunately that was only one reason among at least 3 that I voted for Lynch over Moss.

EDIT: I do not speak for the CCS in any official capacity and the CCS is not liable for anything I may say. Just opened my yap when I should have left it shut.

Edited by Clubfoothead

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...c=98832&hl=

Can't believe this is the 10th CCS. Wow. I'm going to re-read the thread myself.

:wacko:

Nice work :D

We are going to create a “redraft cheat sheet” to help with your early rankings. The list is a single list with QB’s, RB’s and WR’s all ranked together starting with your number one overall pick and working our way down the list until interest fades. In the past there has always been debate about adding TE’s to the list but once again, for this list we are acting as though the league in question is not a TE required league. Any vote for a TE would be because at that point you think he is better than any WR that is available.

In the past I tried to leave votes open all day so that people who can only log on during certain times of the day always had a chance to vote. This year I think that for the first twenty or so picks we will move a little quicker and once there is a clear cut winner we will lockup and open a new thread.

As always all votes are welcome even the unpopular ones. Those of you that have helped build the list in the past know that even if I start voting for James Stewart with the first overall pick, it is not going to skew the results unless the majority of us had a sudden brain cramp.

As for voting on players with uncertain current conditions: vote based on what your current knowledge is as if this was your actual draft right now.

Answers most of my questions

In the past I tried to leave votes open all day so that people who can only log on during certain times of the day always had a chance to vote. This year I think that for the first twenty or so picks we will move a little quicker and once there is a clear cut winner we will lockup and open a new thread.

Moss 14

Lynch 13

MB3 12

Moss 14

Lynch 13

MB3 12

that's about as clear as mud. What strikes me and always has in my years running this vote is that there are 25 votes for RB right theer, (just three other votes with two of those being RB), with just 14 for the WR. There seems no fair way that I could ever come up with to break this sort of jam up. If we run-off a vote here it is very likely that we are going to get the same sort of vote. I for one would be a guy that would change my Lynch vote for MB3 if I thought that would get him on there before Moss as that is truly the way the list would go for me. Both of those WR's would make my list before Moss.

Actually, if we run-off the vote right here and go with the top two only, it will be Lynch that wins the run-off. There will be plenty of MBII votes that will go to Lynch thus pushing him over the top.

Avernus - If I was you I would open that run-off today so that it can be done by mid-day tomorrow. That way you get get pick 9 out. JMHO as the old CCS caretaker.

that's about as clear as mud. What strikes me and always has in my years running this vote is that there are 25 votes for RB right theer, (just three other votes with two of those being RB), with just 14 for the WR. There seems no fair way that I could ever come up with to break this sort of jam up. If we run-off a vote here it is very likely that we are going to get the same sort of vote. I for one would be a guy that would change my Lynch vote for MB3 if I thought that would get him on there before Moss as that is truly the way the list would go for me. Both of those WR's would make my list before Moss.

that's pretty much my take as I wasx going to do a runoff between MB3 and Lynch, but Moss caught up and messed things up..

Actually, if we run-off the vote right here and go with the top two only, it will be Lynch that wins the run-off. There will be plenty of MBII votes that will go to Lynch thus pushing him over the top.

Avernus - If I was you I would open that run-off today so that it can be done by mid-day tomorrow. That way you get get pick 9 out. JMHO as the old CCS caretaker.

definitely....