[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Delhomme set up for a good year?

mibar22

Delhomme now has 3 solid receivers: Steve Smith, DJ Hackett, and Musin Muhammad..

Does anyone think he will be a "sleeper" this year? His injury took him out last year but his first few games he was off to a great start..

Carolina's O-line is still nothing to speak of but this should take some pressure off of Smith, no?

Anyone have any input/opinions ?

Delhomme now has 3 solid receivers: Steve Smith, DJ Hackett, and Musin Muhammad..

Does anyone think he will be a "sleeper" this year? His injury took him out last year but his first few games he was off to a great start..

Carolina's O-line is still nothing to speak of but this should take some pressure off of Smith, no?

Anyone have any input/opinions ?

Staying healthy is what Jake needs.

So far he seems stronger, but it's still very early.

He'll be ok, but they've said they are going back to focus on the running game, and with Stewart and Williams there I think they can do it. I just don't think they'll need him to throw the ball 50 times a game, so he's not going to put up eye-popping numbers. He'll probably be a solid #2 QB, but that's it.

He'll be ok, but they've said they are going back to focus on the running game, and with Stewart and Williams there I think they can do it. I just don't think they'll need him to throw the ball 50 times a game, so he's not going to put up eye-popping numbers. He'll probably be a solid #2 QB, but that's it.

All he needs to do is throw it 10 times a game to Steve Smith. :wacko:

Delhomme has an upside of about the 7th- 9th best QB. The downside is obvious from this past season. He could be a good find for a team that waits until the middle to middle late rounds to pick a QB.

I would take him at the right spot, but he represents a big Question mark.

Not sure I understand the attraction. Coming off an injury, addition of a RB that will cut into the Passing game, and besides Steve Smith, who did they add..... injury prone Hackett and oldster Mush.

#2 QB

both of which have to be considered an upgrade over Carter and Colbert

rumor has it that DeAngelo is pass blocking much better as well.

I know I am the new guy here, but I really don't think Delhomme will ever be the same quarterback again. The guy had Tommy John's surgery. Craig Erickson is the only NFL QB to ever play again after having this surgery performed.

Rob Johnson had this exact same surgery after he left Oakland in 2004. He tried out for the Tennessee Titans in 2006, but he still wasn't in game shape 2 years after the surgery. That being said, I would temper my expectations on him for the time being. He should be considered a low risk/high reward QB2 on your fantasy roster.

I know I am the new guy here, but I really don't think Delhomme will ever be the same quarterback again. The guy had Tommy John's surgery. Craig Erickson is the only NFL QB to ever play again after having this surgery performed.

Rob Johnson had this exact same surgery after he left Oakland in 2004. He tried out for the Tennessee Titans in 2006, but he still wasn't in game shape 2 years after the surgery. That being said, I would temper my expectations on him for the time being. He should be considered a low risk/high reward QB2 on your fantasy roster.

Hey Josh. Welcome to TheHuddle bud. Glad to see another Baller join the frey.

I drafted Delhomme in the AOTAOP hoping to catch lightening in a bottle in week 6 (Big Ben's bye). After that, I could care less if his arm falls off.

I think the Noob has done well - I was just about to post some concerns about the ability of an NFL QB to come back from Tommy John surgery and he went into more depth than I could have hoped.

Welcome to the boards!

At one time a torn labrum and torn rotator cuff meant your career was over, but after Drew Brees that perception has changed. Medicine makes strides almost every season and Delhomme could do the same. I'm not predicting he will but nothing surprises me in the NFL anymore.

The guys you listed here really never did much before their surgeries so the sample you have provided doesn't give us much to compare it to. I follow the Panthers and check team news daily. From what I hear, he is progressing very well, feels better than he has in several years and looks more fit and stronger (arm strength) throwing with the ones at OTAs a few weeks ago.

The local beat writers that cover the team have written that TJ surgery of a QB is a lot different than it is for a pitcher. The torque on the pitcher is a lot tougher for a pitcher trying to throw a curve or a slider, compared to a QB so team officials have felt pretty good on Jake's recovery. That being said, it is hard to say for sure how he will be once the bullets fly in September, but I am confident that the Panther offense will be much improved compared to last year and that bodes well for Jake, Smitty, Moose and Hackett.

I think JStew will be a hugh improvement over Foster and our new, beefier line will open up some nice holes for the running game that will help the team in play action. I see Smith with a very big year this year. :wacko:

I know the guys I have listed aren't names that made any defensive coordinators loose any sleep at night. However, I was just stating the last QB to successfully come back from this surgery, and the last QB to ATTEMPT to come back from this surgery.

My point is, we don't have enough QB's that have undergone this procedure to get an accurate gauge on what to expect this upcoming season. Which is why I have him ranked as a nice QB2. If he was my QB1, I would be a little nervous this upcoming season. But, as a Steve Smith owner, I hope I am wrong. :wacko:

The guys you listed here really never did much before their surgeries so the sample you have provided doesn't give us much to compare it to. I follow the Panthers and check team news daily. From what I hear, he is progressing very well, feels better than he has in several years and looks more fit and stronger (arm strength) throwing with the ones at OTAs a few weeks ago.

The local beat writers that cover the team have written that TJ surgery of a QB is a lot different than it is for a pitcher. The torque on the pitcher is a lot tougher for a pitcher trying to throw a curve or a slider, compared to a QB so team officials have felt pretty good on Jake's recovery. That being said, it is hard to say for sure how he will be once the bullets fly in September, but I am confident that the Panther offense will be much improved compared to last year and that bodes well for Jake, Smitty, Moose and Hackett.

I think JStew will be a hugh improvement over Foster and our new, beefier line will open up some nice holes for the running game that will help the team in play action. I see Smith with a very big year this year. :D

I think JStew will be a hugh improvement over Foster and our new, beefier line will open up some nice holes for the running game that will help the team in play action. I see Smith with a very big year this year. :wacko:

have to agree with Lions-- Brees came back and was like bionic arm man- Could be the same for Jake who always had a good arm downfield-- If he avgs 250 yrds per game and 2 TD- Ill take him in the 8th 9th rd all day long

If I'm taking him as my QB2 (and no way in hell do I take him as QB1), it will be because I have a QB I think is extremely reliable like Manning or Brady. I liked Delhomme since his Aints days, but counting on him is like counting on a particular DEN RB to produce any given week.

have to agree with Lions-- Brees came back and was like bionic arm man- Could be the same for Jake who always had a good arm downfield-- If he avgs 250 yrds per game and 2 TD- Ill take him in the 8th 9th rd all day long

You can look at Brees all you would like, but Delhomme and Brees suffered two completely different injuries. Comparing their injuries is like comparing a strained MCL and a torn ACL. Same area, two completely different injuries.

I know the guys I have listed aren't names that made any defensive coordinators loose any sleep at night. However, I was just stating the last QB to successfully come back from this surgery, and the last QB to ATTEMPT to come back from this surgery.

My point is, we don't have enough QB's that have undergone this procedure to get an accurate gauge on what to expect this upcoming season. Which is why I have him ranked as a nice QB2. If he was my QB1, I would be a little nervous this upcoming season. But, as a Steve Smith owner, I hope I am wrong. :wacko:

OK. This is just your opinion then. Mine is quite different.

The reason why I even have interest is because I'd like to draft 2 backs and a reciever before even looking at a QB - I feel unless you draft Manning Brady and maybe one or two other QBs.. the impact of a good QB means far less.. after those few elite, I feel many QBs can put up a good game and I'd rather spend that round pick on a solid reciever (or two ! )

This post's underlying point of interest deals with drafting strategy more than anything.. I have 3rd pick and I'd hope I can pick up a decent QB later in the rounds while I pick up other solid picks earlier on.. I just feel as though many people will put Delhomme in the gutter and pay no attention and I'd come scoop him up.. Anyone have much of an opinion to that? (rhetorical?)

Standard or PPR has NOT yet been decided...

I know its apples to oranges BUT havent there been numerous elite pitchers to come back from this surgery and reportedly throw harder than before the surgery. A friend of mine had some great stats on baseball players and TJ surgery...I wish I had them now.

Anyway, I think Delhomme will be highly undervalued this year.

I just got him in the 10th round of a 10team redraft.

If he's going to throw for 4000 and 32 TDs I'll take him in the 3rd.