[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shrimp and Baby Scallops

fingfootball

I have some extra things in my fridge and freezer that I would like to use.

1 qt heavy cream

3oz prosciutto ham

and alot of shrimp and baby scallops

anyone have some good recipes so I can use this stuff up?

I think if you get some bacon and pasta in the mix you can have some sort of pasta carbonara with shrimp and scallops

I think if you get some bacon and pasta in the mix you can have some sort of pasta carbonara with shrimp and scallops

yeah..... kind of the line i was thinking of..

edit: no need to go out and get bacon, has prosciutto

what sized shrimp and scallops do you have?

Edited by Bier Meister

prosciutto

shrimp and scallops

1 tbs minced garlic

1 tbs minced shallot

1- 2 oz brandy

1 c cream

chopped basil or thyme (optional)

brunoise of tomato (optional)

pappardelle pasta

peel and cut your shrimp to about the same size as the scallops. dice your prosciutto. get a saute pan hot. throw in pan. slightly crisp them. throw in about a 1/2 - 1 tbs of butter (so you will be cooking you shrimp and scallops in the fat from pros. and butter). sear shrimp and scallops (just get a little color on them). add about 1 clove of minced garlic and 1 tbs of minced shallots (do not brown). hit that with about 1-2 oz of brandy. if it flames... it will naturally "flame out." if you are not comfortable with that, just blow it out. let that reduce by half.. add about 1 c cream.... boil and reduce... it will thicken in about 2- 5 min. i think this would be good with pappardelle pasta. you could throw in some fresh chopped herbs towards the end of cooking your sauce.. along with s&p to taste. garnish with brunoise of tomoato (very small dice).

Edited by Bier Meister

I was also thinking of another...tell me what you think.

My wife made some marinara, I was thinking of sauteing the shrimp and scallops with garlic and add to the marinara. Then also make a bechamel with provel cheese, and kind of mix the sauces over the plate. Does that sound good at all? I have alot of shrimp and scallops to use.

Edited by fingfootball

I was also thinking of another...tell me what you think.

My wife made some marinara, I was thinking of sauteing the shrimp and scallops with garlic and add to the marinara. Then also make a bechamel with provel cheese, and kind of mix the sauces over the plate. Does that sound good at all? I have alot of shrimp and scallops to use.

that sounds very good. i actually go a bit lighter when doing seafood with tomato sauces (evo, garlic, white wine, diced tomato, freash basil, s&p). i do something similar to what you describe when i make cannelloni. i think it's heavy for the seafood, but that is only a matter of preferrence.

i'd pull aside what you think you'll use tonight, and freeze the rest of the shrimp and scallops.

Edited by Bier Meister

• 2 weeks later...

Made some shrimp and scallop kabobs the other day . . . didn't come out so hot. I can't find a source of decent fresh scallops in town, and the frozen ones were no good. I totally made like Spike on Top Chef with half a roll of paper towel trying to salvage these crap scallops, and it wasn't happening.

The sweet potato chips I made come out great though.

Peace

policy