[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU vs USC

sacosud

97 Hours till kickoff

Bucks at 11 point underdog , which sounds about right after the debacle against the Bobcats.

Beanie seems to be fine and will play , maybe not 100% , but we'll take a 75% Wells any day of the week.

I know the Scarlet and Grey will be coming to play a tough game, for the Trojans sake they better not let the OSU-OU game fool them or they're in for a shook. USC looked good in the opener against Virginia , but as we just saw last week Virginia escaped past 1-AA Richmond holding a 3-0 lead up in the 4th quarter.

Really, neither team has proved much of anything of the field. I can only go by what I know and this Bucks team has a bunch of experienced players , while USC is young.

Bucks 24 Beanie claims the Heisman in week 3

USC 13

:wacko:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

97 Hours till kickoff

Bucks at 11 point underdog , which sounds about right after the debacle against the Bobcats.

Beanie seems to be fine and will play , maybe not 100% , but we'll take a 75% Wells any day of the week.

I know the Scarlet and Grey will be coming to play a tough game, for the Trojans sake they better not let the OSU-OU game fool them or they're in for a shook. USC looked good in the opener against Virginia , but as we just saw last week Virginia escaped past 1-AA Richmond holding a 3-0 lead up in the 4th quarter.

Really, neither team has proved much of anything of the field. I can only go by what I know and this Bucks team has a bunch of experienced players , while USC is young.

Bucks 24 Beanie claims the Heisman in week 3

USC 13

USC doesn't make a habit of taking high profile non-conference teams for granted.

I fervently hope that we shock the world, but can't see it. Mediocre QB, receivers who can't get separation, light-in-the-ass DTs, a 75% Beanie and unimaginative coordinators add up to trouble against the big, bad Trojans. This one could get ugly, but I think the defense will help keep it close. A few TOs, imaginative play-calling on offense and a few late hits on Sanchez' chin might be the recipe to keep it competitive; else Petey will love to RUTS on the Senator. :wacko:

I think Tress reverts to Tressel ball and tries to hold the ball as long as possible and play the field position game. I can see OSU trying to keep this game as low scoring as possible. The defense is going to have to play lights out against the run. I would be happy if they can contain Mcknight between the tackles(easier said than done) and make Sanchez beat us with his arm. Look for a game plan similar to the 2002 championship and the 2006 Texas game(loss at home). I know this plan would be easier with a healty Beanie Wells, BUT the other option is too spread out that USC Defense. OSU kicker has been outstanding of late.

I'm really hoping for a boring game and a OSU win. I just don't see any other way. USC looked like a machine gainst Virgina.

GO BUCKS :wacko:

I think Tress reverts to Tressel ball and tries to hold the ball as long as possible and play the field position game. I can see OSU trying to keep this game as low scoring as possible. The defense is going to have to play lights out against the run. I would be happy if they can contain Mcknight between the tackles(easier said than done) and make Sanchez beat us with his arm. Look for a game plan similar to the 2002 championship and the 2006 Texas game(loss at home). I know this plan would be easier with a healty Beanie Wells, BUT the other option is too spread out that USC Defense. OSU kicker has been outstanding of late.

I'm really hoping for a boring game and a OSU win. I just don't see any other way. USC looked like a machine gainst Virgina.

GO BUCKS :wacko:

only problem with that is they have to actually move the ball and make first downs- I don't see it happening. UC will load up in the box and stuff the run, all the while daring Boeckman to beat them thru the air against that pass rush and secondary - good luck Buckeye fans

USC speed >>> OSU speed

USC 37

OSU 17

ESPN reporting Beanie Wells is doubtful for Saturday. Even if he does go, looks like he will belimited and not even close to 100%.

I may be hitting USC -10.5 HARD................................................................

Big time programs, because of their depth, should always be able to plug the next guy in and not lose a thing. I would be willing to bet if USC lost McKnight you wouldn't see a noticeable difference or result on the field. Hell they could lose their 2-3 top runningbacks and you wouldn't see much of a difference.

Big time programs, because of their depth, should always be able to plug the next guy in and not lose a thing. I would be willing to bet if USC lost McKnight you wouldn't see a noticeable difference or result on the field. Hell they could lose their 2-3 top runningbacks and you wouldn't see much of a difference.

I assume you got your nickname because you were marooned on a desert island and not because of your IQ.

I can only assume that Texas, Oklahoma and OSU are not qualified to be big time programs in your eyes. Without Young, AP and Smith all 3 would have lost several games . I guess they should have ran the tables with a back up in their stead....................provided they were big time programs that is.

Edited by theeohiostate

ESPN reporting Beanie Wells is doubtful for Saturday. Even if he does go, looks like he will belimited and not even close to 100%.

I may be hitting USC -10.5 HARD................................................................

10.5 is a pretty big line and the Buckeyes have done pretty well overall against the spread.

Look, There is a lot that goes into a game like this and betting hard. The season is very young and there is a lot of teams that have not settled into the role they will play on the polls or gambling. Virgina might be a horrible team and USC looked like a HUGE power, however do you know for sure that the Buckeyes are that bad and USC is that good???? If you are then lay the 10.5 and throw down some serious green. I just do not like betting a game like this myself. It's just too early.

10.5 is a pretty big line and the Buckeyes have done pretty well overall against the spread.

Look, There is a lot that goes into a game like this and betting hard. The season is very young and there is a lot of teams that have not settled into the role they will play on the polls or gambling. Virgina might be a horrible team and USC looked like a HUGE power, however do you know for sure that the Buckeyes are that bad and USC is that good???? If you are then lay the 10.5 and throw down some serious green. I just do not like betting a game like this myself. It's just too early.

dat is why they call it gambling, homie. All good- i went immediately to Bodog and the game was off the board - now has jumped to 11.5 - still will play it, i don't get too crazy on 1 game - HARD meaning 2-3 times a normal wager - now if OSU would have dummied Ohio like they were supposed to, well then this line would have been 7-8 IMO and much much more attractive.

This is based of more than just week 1 of this season? you kidding me - USC has proven time and again they show up and dominate in big games while

OSU?? ehh not so much- what is there last "big" win UT 2 years ago?? that proved to not be very good? sorry - OSU gets exposed against superior teams and athletes -

?

I think OSU has the #2 or #3 amount of players in the NFL currently. I think that isn't the issue.

that's right- the long layoff was the reason why FLA dummied OSU- my fault TOS

cute stat - I am sure Mich and ND are way up on that list as well- yer point? in fact Miami has the most as of 2008

as talented as OSU is with future NFL guys- sorry homie- USC is on another level

Another beating will put the Big 10 on par with the ACC and Big East

?

I think OSU has the #2 or #3 amount of players in the NFL currently. I think that isn't the issue.

I'm officially rather tired of that argument as well. If there's anything at all to the whole speed and athlete thing, it's not whether or not OSU has those types of players, it's whether or not they see enough of them week in and week out to get used to that sort of speed on game day. Maybe.

I did hear Herbstreet on the radio yesterday and he said that Tuesday and Wednesday at USC is crazy. 1st team against 1st team, all out. USC could play nothing but garbage teams every Saturday and they'll still be ready for a top tier team because they're going balls to the wall against elite players every Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have no idea how OSU does it but my guess is USC's approach is unique or it wouldn't have merited commenting on.

cute stat - I am sure Mich and ND are way up on that list as well- yer point? in fact Miami has the most as of 2008

as talented as OSU is with future NFL guys- sorry homie- USC is on another level

I live in ACC country. Trust me, were it not for the Big East (at least this year's version) the ACC would be in a class by itself. When Wake Forest, the 3rd smallest school in D-1A (not the BCS schools, but all of D-1A) is an elite team in your conference...

I believe his point was Ohio State HAS superior athletes, and lots of speed. That is a fact. Ohio State didn't lose to Florida and LSU because they didn't have EQUAL athletes. They lost because LSU and Florida were better TEAMS. There is a difference. Florida and LSU beat Ohio State because they came in with great game plans, and the players went out and executed. Ohio State didn't. You see... that is what you call a game of football. USC has been successful because they come in with flawless game plans and they execute. They have done it better than anyone more consistantly since 2002. And THAT is the reason I believe USC will beat Ohio State. You can say a lot about Ohio State, but you can't say they don't produce serious athletes. The NFL example is a valid one.

I can only assume that Texas, Oklahoma and OSU are not qualified to be big time programs in your eyes. Without Young, AP and Smith all 3 would have lost several games . I guess they should have ran the tables with a back up in their stead....................provided they were big time programs that is.

My post was based on losing the top running back, not quarterback. :D I agree it's different when you're talking about a guy that handles the rock every play and directs the offense but that's not what my post was about? Now, if you were to ask me if Texas, Oklahoma and OSU would lose several games if they lost their Top running back the correct answer is NO! I seem to remember Oklahoma doing pretty well while All Day recovered from a shoulder injury. There are examples virtually every week to back up my statement.

I believe his point was Ohio State HAS superior athletes, and lots of speed. That is a fact. Ohio State didn't lose to Florida and LSU because they didn't have EQUAL athletes. They lost because LSU and Florida were better TEAMS. There is a difference. Florida and LSU beat Ohio State because they came in with great game plans, and the players went out and executed. Ohio State didn't. You see... that is what you call a game of football. USC has been successful because they come in with flawless game plans and they execute. They have done it better than anyone more consistantly since 2002. And THAT is the reason I believe USC will beat Ohio State. You can say a lot about Ohio State, but you can't say they don't produce serious athletes. The NFL example is a valid one.

No- it isn't. Florida's team speed was NOTICEABLY FASTER on both sides of the ball than OSU's. period. end of story. Are you kidding me?

Mich is AHEAD of OSU on that solid list of NFL players - please tell me what that shows when a team like Oregon comes in and makes them look like they are playing with cement cleats.

I never said OSU didn't produce NFL players - they do, no question, but until they beat one of these elite programs -i.e. USC, LSU, FLA - they are losing to superior teams AND athletes.

2008:

CBS Sportsline Alumni Tracker

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/alumni-tracker#A

Miami - 55

Georgia - 54

LSU - 50

Michigan - 50

Ohio State - 47

Florida - 43

USC - 42

FSU - 42

Edited by wildcat2334

Ok Wildcat, so the NFL ignores ALL of the athletes on Florida, USC, etc? All of the NFL Scouts just let those guys go and do whatever? The National Football League is full of good athletes, just not the BEST athletes? You contradict yourself in this argument. College Football is about coaching, developing, and most importantly, EXECUTING. If you execute, you win. They were noticeablly faster, because they were executing. This whole argument is so old. I never would of thought I would ever see the day when someone would actually say, Ohio State has slow athletes. Or Michigan, or whoever. Let's have a moment of honesty here. Admit it, Florida beat Ohio State because the Florida Gators were just simply a better team than the Ohio State Buckeyes. To say that the Buckeyes were completely over matched athletically is not only stupid and wrong, but it's an insult to FLORIDA.

Ok Wildcat, so the NFL ignores ALL of the athletes on Florida, USC, etc? All of the NFL Scouts just let those guys go and do whatever? The National Football League is full of good athletes, just not the BEST athletes? You contradict yourself in this argument. College Football is about coaching, developing, and most importantly, EXECUTING. If you execute, you win. They were noticeablly faster, because they were executing. This whole argument is so old. I never would of thought I would ever see the day when someone would actually say, Ohio State has slow athletes. Or Michigan, or whoever. Let's have a moment of honesty here. Admit it, Florida beat Ohio State because the Florida Gators were just simply a better team than the Ohio State Buckeyes. To say that the Buckeyes were completely over matched athletically is not only stupid and wrong, but it's an insult to FLORIDA.

I got to agree with Brian on this one.

in the Big 11, no- Mich/OSU are top notch - vs other conferences? not so much - just to be clear - I am talking all 22 positions, not just the skills guysI mean FLA's D line was way way too fast for OSU to handle - execution? or just pure athleticism, I am gonna go with the latter.

really, college football is about coaching and executing, see Les Miles for exhibit A? the argument is old?? pretty solid evidence to the contrary my man

TOS brings up a stat that OSU produces NFL talent when I make a comment that they were beaten by superior teams and athletes- which they were - his point totally irrelevant. I am talking real world, recent games here- not past individual players that are in the NFL- chit Mich HAS MORE in the NFL- which just goes to show you how off base TOS point is- shocker.

To say that FLA didn't use their speed and athleticism to dominate OSU tells me you reallly don't understand what you are watching happen on the field..... that was a classic case of their overall team speed just being too much. Saying they were noticeably faster bc they were executing?? :wacko: enlighten me on this coment please- of course executing is key, that goes without saying- and the reason OSU couldn't execute may have had something to do with playing superior speed and athletes?? ya think??

Sorry but in this day and age speed kills - and until the Mich/OSU and the rest of the slow 11 proves differently- it just isn't on par with the SEC and Pac 10 - next.

gonna take a wild guess and say on Sat USC has a decided speed and athletic advantange on both sides of the ball..........

Sat cannot get here fast enough -

Edited by wildcat2334