[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Positions announced for WCOFF

twiley

Weren't you a low draft slot last year too? :wacko:

I think Twiley was a top 3 or 4 pick team the last two years....this is the first time we are in the upper half. Darin and BC are also drafting another team, but I'm not sure what team name (or there draft position) is.

I think Twiley was a top 3 or 4 pick team the last two years....this is the first time we are in the upper half. Darin and BC are also drafting another team, but I'm not sure what team name (or there draft position) is.

Andy and D are 12th.

Our 4-man ownership group from last year split into 2 teams this year, all of us with $ stakes in both squads..my buddy and I who drafted #1 last year amazingly got #1 again, what are the odds?...and we got #8 for team two.

I think we gotta go LT again at #1. Or Favre.

Edited by msaint

Our 4-man ownership group from last year split into 2 teams this year, all of us with $ stakes in both squads..my buddy and I who drafted #1 last year amazingly got #1 again, what are the odds?...and we got #8 for team two.

I think we gotta go LT again at #1. Or Favre.

Well, at least you have another team that can get you in the money...

:wacko:

Well, at least you have another team that can get you in the money...

:D

I fully believe that Favre-to-Berrian will win us the $300,000.

:wacko:

Huddle's Heroes got #2. :wacko:

niiice. who's gonna be out there drafting? and as the #2 pick, you guys hoping the #1 rolls the dice on AP so LT falls to you, or are you fine with AP (or someone else)?

niiice. who's gonna be out there drafting? and as the #2 pick, you guys hoping the #1 rolls the dice on AP so LT falls to you, or are you fine with AP (or someone else)?

I think H8 drafts every year for them.

There's a thread in the tailgate that'll show you the clowns that'll be there this year.

Huddle's Heroes got #2. :wacko:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Nice to have after last years 11th pick. :D

To answer the above question, #2 is the easiest spot in my mind because you just grab whomever is left between LT and AP. I don't have much of a preference myself, but I'll take LT if I am number one.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Only good thing about the 12 pick is that I have been doing a series of mock drafts for the site out of the 12 hole, so considering the high level of talent of the mock participants (except for muck of course), I will feel at least well practiced for the draft.

I'm drafting with H8 this year. REZ, our other regular draft guy, got Chargers season tickets and punked out on the HH team.

Personal opinion? AP isn't worth a top-2 pick in a PPR league. I'd LOVE to get LT at #2. If he's gone at #1, I'd personally be leaning toward SJax...but we still need to get our composite rankings done, so we'll see how it shakes out.

Can't wait! :wacko:

#4 is definitely a good spot, too. You probably end up with Westbrook, who was the #1 player in PPR leagues last year.

Based on the satellite drafts and mocks I have done so far, Westy or SJax are available.

I really like whats available coming back in the 2nd and 3rd rounds from the 4 hole. In my first satellite draft from the 4, I got AJ and Steve Smith in the 2nd and 3rd respectively. Combine that with SJax in the 1st, I really like that start.

Edited by Steeltown D

We pulled #7. I'm not sure if I like this or not. I tend to like to draft from the middle of the round, but 5 or 6 would have felt better.

We pulled #7. I'm not sure if I like this or not. I tend to like to draft from the middle of the round, but 5 or 6 would have felt better.

might be a chance to experiment with a WR-WR strategy if you're feeling wild. :wacko:.e.g. you could land moss at #7 (if, that is, you like him over the gore/barber/lynch-level RBs) and then conceivably come back in round 2 with someone like TO/braylon/wayne, which could send your league mates scrambling for WRs and free up some half-decent RBs in rounds 3-4...obviously you'd then have to load up on some sleeper/undervalued RBs in next few rounds, but it might give you a start of, e.g. moss-TO-willie parker-thomas jones (or if you're feeling REALLY wild moss-TO-willie-welker....three stud WRs in first four rounds)...it's not for everyone but i personally love to end up with two stud WRs in my first four rounds at wcoff, what with the ability to start four each week, PPR, etc...again, makes snagging upside mid-round RBs ultra important, but we grabbed fred taylor in the 6th or something last year and he was just fine as a #2 RB.

might be a chance to experiment with a WR-WR strategy if you're feeling wild. :wacko:.e.g. you could land moss at #7 (if, that is, you like him over the gore/barber/lynch-level RBs) and then conceivably come back in round 2 with someone like TO/braylon/wayne, which could send your league mates scrambling for WRs and free up some half-decent RBs in rounds 3-4...obviously you'd then have to load up on some sleeper/undervalued RBs in next few rounds, but it might give you a start of, e.g. moss-TO-willie parker-thomas jones (or if you're feeling REALLY wild moss-TO-willie-welker....three stud WRs in first four rounds)...it's not for everyone but i personally love to end up with two stud WRs in my first four rounds at wcoff, what with the ability to start four each week, PPR, etc...again, makes snagging upside mid-round RBs ultra important, but we grabbed fred taylor in the 6th or something last year and he was just fine as a #2 RB.

That's a thought, I hadn't really gone down that road. I was kinda hoping against hope that someone reached for TD Tommy early on and let a Westbrook-Portis-Addai but that really may be too much to ask for.

That's a thought, I hadn't really gone down that road. I was kinda hoping against hope that someone reached for TD Tommy early on and let a Westbrook-Portis-Addai but that really may be too much to ask for.

depends on "skill" of your fellow drafters, of course, but I think someone's apt to snag brady early...not sure about "pre-#7" early, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him going top 10 in tons of leagues, and even earlier in some fluky situations (pats homers, people who think he's a virtual lock for 50 TDs again, etc.) especially since guys like gore/barber/marshawn/portis/bush/LJ aren't locks for first round stud-dom in many peoples' eyes. by all means, if westy/addai somehow slip to you at #8 i'd go with them over moss in a heartbeat, but if it came to moss vs. someone like portis? just me, but i'd go moss & take the almost guaranteed 85-90 catches for 1500-1600 yds and 15-18 TDs vs. praying you get anywhere close to that from a risky rb.

Edited by msaint