[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Site Question

Brentastic

Ok, I have been in a league that runs through cbs.sportsline for about 10 years (maybe more) and I love their functionality etc... As everyone knows, their advice/info is horrible but that's what the huddle is for.

I'm also in a B.O.T.H. league that runs through MFL and have never noticed any problems with them either, although I am less familiar with MFL than cbs.

Anyways, my 'friends' league is making the switch this year from espn to one of the previously mentioned sites (cbs or mfl) and I'm looking for a push in either direction. My experience with both is great, no real complaints either way, although I'm much more familiar with cbs.

Since the league I'm referring to is a keeper league - I have contacted both cbs and MFL regarding previous draft info for said keepers. It appears that with MFL, we can input the keeper info (what round players were drafted etc...) and they will track this moving forward - even though this occurred through a different site. With cbs, however, you can only place a keeper on his respective team but you cannot input his round drafted etc... for future tracking. This isn't a huge deal because we only keep players for 3 years. BUT, Can anyone confirm this regarding inputting keeper info via MFL?

All this makes me think we should go with MFL - BUT the league commish has concerns with MFL's capabilities and wants to know if MFL is consistent. In other words, does the site go down for maintenance etc... or any other technical issues we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any input.

It's hard to go wrong with MFL. The great majority of guys here will tell you the same thing. I've used most of the major FF services over the years, and MFL is the best and most reliable IMO.

Send an email to the MFL tech support guys. They are very responsive, and you should get a definitive answer in short order.

It's hard to go wrong with MFL. The great majority of guys here will tell you the same thing. I've used most of the major FF services over the years, and MFL is the best and most reliable IMO.

Send an email to the MFL tech support guys. They are very responsive, and you should get a definitive answer in short order.

Thanks for the response. Yes, I know many people on here are big advocates of MFL but I just want to make sure there are no technical issues that occur with MFL.

None of the sites will have a 100% uptime, but the tech support at MFL is far more responsive than CBS.

It's also about half the price. More money for the prize pool, or lower fees depending on how you want to handle it.

I play in leagues on both and would easily choose MFL.

I am on both sites and I like having the ability to have my page display what I want where I want it. I haven't been able to do that with CBS.

Actually, you can do that on cbs too.

Also, smithkt - cbs offers a $50 rebate from their current price of $129.95 - so the price is basically the same.

MFL , plus you can customize your site like this......ROCK ON !

I know this appeals to you :wacko:

MFL is hands down the better site. The customer support and self help forums are worth it alone , not even taking site customization, lower fees, and more features into the factor.

Edited by theeohiostate

I'll just add that if you do a online draft I would not use CBS. That is the reason my league moved to MFL. For years we drafted online with CBS and every year we finished it by hand because CBS's site would lock up. Half the league is out of state and it really would drag the draft on. So last year I tried to get him to switch to MFL. And they resisted hard. They finally agree that we will go to MFL if CBS choked in the draft again. We started the draft running both systems then just like clock work CBS choked in the online draft. We ended up finishing the draft on MFL and will not go back. CBS does not have the servers to run a online draft, at least near the end of August when most leagues are trying to draft.

Edited by blips

but I just want to make sure there are no technical issues that occur with MFL.

I'd say very few to none. I used to say none. But the last two years I remember the very first sunday of each season they had some brief problems right around kickoff of the first games. That didn't last very long, maybe half hour or so and after that...pretty much flawless the rest of the season.

I'll just add that if you do a online draft I would not use CBS. That is the reason my league moved to MFL. For years we drafted online with CBS and every year we finished it by hand because CBS's site would lock up. Half the league is out of state and it really would drag the draft on. So last year I tried to get him to switch to MFL. And they resisted hard. They finally agree that we will go to MFL if CBS choked in the draft again. We started the draft running both systems then just like clock work CBS choked in the online draft. We ended up finishing the draft on MFL and will not go back. CBS does not have the servers to run a online draft, at least near the end of August when most leagues are trying to draft.

we have'nt had this problem once in the 6 or 7 years we've used cbs.

This is key info, thanks :wacko: We will be drafting online so this post right here seals the deal.

Thanks again everyone!!

we have'nt had this problem once in the 6 or 7 years we've used cbs.

We were on CBS for about 6 years and it chocked every year. We usually draft about one and half to two weeks before the season opens. When does your league draft?

**Edit to add**

We have league members from Chicago, Pittsburg, Buffalo and Minnesota and we all expeirenced problems.

Edited by blips