[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

looking over the FFI mock draft

hooknladder

sorry if this topic was covered earlier on these boards. i noticed DMD chose Maroney over MJD, (as well as Reggie Bush). a curious pick to me. the Huddle has both ranked ahead of Maroney as well as Jacobs, Graham and Turner. i understand those rankings are probably the staff concensous,and i can see being a tiny bit skeptical of MJD with the solid play of Taylor last year ...-but Maroney?? i would be interested in the logic behind that pick and i always value DMD's opinion.

sorry if this topic was covered earlier on these boards. i noticed DMD chose Maroney over MJD, (as well as Reggie Bush). a curious pick to me. the Huddle has both ranked ahead of Maroney as well as Jacobs, Graham and Turner. i understand those rankings are probably the staff concensous,and i can see being a tiny bit skeptical of MJD with the solid play of Taylor last year ...-but Maroney?? i would be interested in the logic behind that pick and i always value DMD's opinion.

Probably because as a feature runner, Maroney is more talented than Bush and Jones-Drew. It's his situation keeping him from making the leap. The way he ended the year strong and healthy, has some optimistic that he will finally get at least a 65% share of the work this year. 225 or more carries would make him an RB1 easily. I hope DMD is correct, as I believe we will finally see all that potential come to fruition this year...

Maroney?? i would be interested in the logic behind that pick and i always value DMD's opinion.

I don't. Butt-kisser.

:wacko:

Don't get Maroney either. Don't trust him to stay on the field.

Edited by BeeR

That draft happened in the first week of May. I was only one week into reviewing teams and players (since the NFL draft had just concluded) and that means 3/4 of all the teams had not been analyzed yet since it takes a month. So going into that draft with as good of "off the top of my head" projections hastily thrown together for that draft, I did draft Maroney and it was the one pick I would have wished I could have back.

My reasoning at the time was that:

1. Maroney ended 2007 on a high note after a crappy season.

2. I believe NE is going to rush more this year.

3. NE always (almost) has good rush yards and scores overall.

4. NE did not add anyone to the roster better than Maroney.

5. And this was big - they have a really nice rushing schedule.

6. It was a best ball format league so I am less worried about getting the start correct. He and all other RBs start every week and the highest counts.

'7. I intended to get Sammy Morris to get the set and someone stole him.

8. No reception points.

I do not think it was a bad pick, but it is not one I would make now or even if they had held the draft a week or two later. The draft was just too early for my liking and I was surprised a bit at the pick. I planned on getting Sammy Morris later which would have been MUCH better in the best ball format but I missed out on him.

Probably because as a feature runner, Maroney is more talented than Bush and Jones-Drew. It's his situation keeping him from making the leap. The way he ended the year strong and healthy, has some optimistic that he will finally get at least a 65% share of the work this year. 225 or more carries would make him an RB1 easily. I hope DMD is correct, as I believe we will finally see all that potential come to fruition this year...

It's the mad scientist Belichick. I don't believe we'll ever see him perform well for a whole season.

That draft happened in the first week of May. I was only one week into reviewing teams and players (since the NFL draft had just concluded) and that means 3/4 of all the teams had not been analyzed yet since it takes a month. So going into that draft with as good of "off the top of my head" projections hastily thrown together for that draft, I did draft Maroney and it was the one pick I would have wished I could have back.

6. It was a best ball format league so I am less worried about getting the start correct. He and all other RBs start every week and the highest counts.

8. No reception points.

I do not think it was a bad pick, but it is not one I would make now or even if they had held the draft a week or two later. The draft was just too early for my liking and I was surprised a bit at the pick. I planned on getting Sammy Morris later which would have been MUCH better in the best ball format but I missed out on him.

this puts it into perspective a bit. i'm not saying it's a bad pick...just a curious one.

8. No reception points.

still can't see why MJD would be left on the board in favor of Maroney.

still can't see why MJD would be left on the board in favor of Maroney.

because my preliminary rankings had Maroney ranked higher and the later real rankings did not.