[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan's backfield?

polksalet

who won?

Dude? Seriously?

Check the topic of the thread and back up a bit to see that ya'll , now we, are talking about the Michigan backfield and Mike Hart, who I believe is a RB.

Oh wait, nevermind. You're right, any good Big Ten RB would've played LB as well and led the D to victory.

Yep, Mike Hart was not the reason why they lost. Ron English's defense fell apart big time.

Exactly! That D was very sketchy at times last year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! That D was very sketchy at times last year.

Which was really disappointing considering how well they played in 06. Sure, they had lost some starters, but I figured English and his scheme would overcome it and put out a much more competetive team than what we saw last year. It really bothers me that Lloyd Carr, Jake Long and Mike Hart had to go through that. It was nice to see them go out with a win over Florida in the Capitol One Bowl though...

Now lets hope that Rich Rodriguez can gather a lot of smoke and mirrors for this year... :wacko:

:D

Perhaps Penn State will FINALLY defeat Michigan this year. The Woverines have owned us for a LONG time now. :wacko:

My Nittany Lions might surprise some this year, if they can get solid QB play for Clark and/or Devlin. They will have a nice 1-2 combo in the backfield with Royster & Stefon Green (impressive RS Frosh). They still have major talent at WR with Williams, Butler, & Norwood. If/when Quarless comes back from suspension, he and Mickey Shuler give them two legit TE threats. Their offensive line is one of the top ranked in the Big Ten, with everyone returning. This much talent on offense shows what an awful QB Morelli really was. He simply lost games for him, and Paterno was too stubborn to yank him.

On defense, Penn State is loaded on D-Line with 6 deep of solid players that can rotate and stay fresh. LB took a HUGH loss when Sean Lee was lost for the season due to injury. However, if there was one area where PSU has the depth to afford the loss, it is LB. No studs, but, still lots of quality at LB. The secondary is probably their biggest offensive concern. Safety is solid with Scirrotto, Davis, & Rubin. A.J. Wallace is a stud CB, but, I'm not sure I'm confident enough in Lydell Seargent at the other CB.

I think Penn State has a good shot in all games, except for when they travel to Columbus to meet Ohio State, who are simply loaded.

Edited by Menudo

Perhaps Penn State will FINALLY defeat Michigan this year. The Woverines have owned us for a LONG time now. :wacko:

My Nittany Lions might surprise some this year, if they can get solid QB play for Clark and/or Devlin. They will have a nice 1-2 combo in the backfield with Royster & Stefon Green (impressive RS Frosh). They still have major talent at WR with Williams, Butler, & Norwood. If/when Quarless comes back from suspension, he and Mickey Shuler give them two legit TE threats. Their offensive line is one of the top ranked in the Big Ten, with everyone returning. This much talent on offense shows what an awful QB Morelli really was. He simply lost games for him, and Paterno was too stubborn to yank him.

On defense, Penn State is loaded on D-Line with 6 deep of solid players that can rotate and stay fresh. LB took a HUGH loss when Sean Lee was lost for the season due to injury. However, if there was one area where PSU has the depth to afford the loss, it is LB. No studs, but, still lots of quality at LB. The secondary is probably their biggest offensive concern. Safety is solid with Scirrotto, Davis, & Rubin. A.J. Wallace is a stud CB, but, I'm not sure I'm confident enough in Lydell Seargent at the other CB.

I think Penn State has a good shot in all games, except for when they travel to Columbus to meet Ohio State, who are simply loaded.

Penn State scared me last year and they scare me this year. I thnk your on the money with Morelli, he was brutal and really cost them last year.

• 3 weeks later...

All I know about the Big Ten is Michigan will struggle - don't know for how long - while adapting and loading up for RR's system

OSU's defense will keep them in the hunt with or without Beanie Wells

Wisconsin is overrated

All I know about the Big Ten is Michigan will struggle - don't know for how long - while adapting and loading up for RR's system

OSU's defense will keep them in the hunt with or without Beanie Wells

The entire conference is overrated

fixed

fixed

Very creative. We all know that the '07 Pats would've had 4 losses had they played in the SEC, blah blah.

My question is how can a conference possibly be overrated when all you hear about it is that is sucks?

Very creative. We all know that the '07 Pats would've had 4 losses had they played in the SEC, blah blah.

My question is how can a conference possibly be overrated when all you hear about it is that is sucks?

The '07 Pats would have had 5 losses if they had played in the SEC.

Exactly ! Truly some envious haters around here...

That's what I was thinking. Everyone knew Michigan was going to be down this year, and probably next year as well. Rich Rodriguez is coming in and changing the team from the ground up. It's going to take some time, but they'll be back. I'd rather lose to Utah than Arkansas State though.

It's kind of cool to see a thread about Michigan filled with so much garbage that you can't help but laugh. It started off with such an innocent question - what's with MU's (whatever that is - Marshall U?) backfield and has since traversed the landscape of "Mike Hart sucks" to "The Big Ten is overrated" to "Mike Vick sucks". Are you a Michigan fan, Polk? It would explain a lot if you were... :wacko:

Excuse me for interrupting the catfight at recess by actually discussing the topic, but IMO McGuffie (sp?) looked good. I don't think he'll see much success against better/quicker teams, but he at least has the quickness to make some plays and give them a "spark."

Excuse me for interrupting the catfight at recess by actually discussing the topic, but IMO McGuffie (sp?) looked good. I don't think he'll see much success against better/quicker teams, but he at least has the quickness to make some plays and give them a "spark."

I like McGuffie a lot. Even more since he skipped out on some in state teams and Notre Dame to go to Michigan.

I said this to my wife and best friend (both Michigan fans) a couple days before the Utah game, "Prepare yourselves because you're in for a long year". They both replied without hesitation with, "I think you're right". After two weeks, I have to agree with them.