[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFC North Challenge - Year 3

Fatman

It doesn't seem like there is much of a rivalry these days between the four teams in the Norris Division, so I think it is necessary to bring back the NFC North Challenge for a third year. As a reminder, the challenge is:

A sigline bet based on the regular season finish of the NFC North. Tiebreakers being head to head, division record and conference record. Each team that finishes above you gets to give a sigline. Say the finish was:

GB 16-0

Chi 3-13

Min 2-14

Det 0-16

GB would give a sigline to Chicago, Minnesota and Detroit. Chicago would give a sig to Minnesota and Detroit. Minnesota would give a sig to Detroit. Detroit, again, would be pathetic.

Siglines would have to be somewhat short, say two lines or less, to make sure that there was room to cram everything in for the Detroit fans. Sigs will be worn from the start of the playoffs through the Super Bowl.

Last year's finish was:

Packers - Fatman, piratesownninjas, Swiss Cheezhead, Sturphy, Men In Tights, GhostFace, Big John, Randall

Vikes - Hugh 0ne, Outshined, Mystykoekaki, Moss6, Yukon Cornelius, Cap'n Grunge, alexgaddis, Savage Beatings, T-Scorp

Lions - Chief, Puddy, Egret

Bears - URLACHERisGOD, Goopster24, rocknrobn26, darin3, Wolverines Fan, Pope Flick

Sigs given:

Pack

To MN - The Vikes - graciously hiring Brad Childress before the Pack could interview him. Thanks again!

To DET - We have been waiting only half as long as the Cubs for a championship.

To CHI - Da Bears - still around only because the Packers loaned them money to make payroll in 1933.

Vikes

To Det - We will win ten 10 games, but it will take 2 years.

To CHI - If only we had a defense and a QB as good as the Vikings

Lions

To CHI - From the Superbowl one year to being swept by the Lions the next.

So what does 2008 hold for us? Last year saw a changing of the guard as Lions fans finally had someone to look down upon. Can they carry that momentum into bigger and better things in 2008? Probably not but, hey, it was fun while it lasted, right?

Can the Bears prove that quarterback play is the most overrated job in professional sports?

Will the Vikings be able to communicate properly with TJax after removing all electronic communication devices from the facility?

And can the Packers do anything else to convince the shareholders of the only publicly-owned football team to sell to an ownership group in Mexico?

So, who's in?

CHI - TheShiznit, rocknrobn26, darin3, Ice717, seminoles

DET - Puddy, Chief, Egret, policyvote

GB - Fatman, Big John, Randall, Chavez, Sturphy, piratesownninjas, Men In Tights

MIN - CaP'N GRuNGe, T-Scorp, Moss6, Savage Beatings, alexgaddis, Hugh 0ne, Outshined, Mystykoekaki, Delicious_bass

Vikes give the sigs:

Pack: McCarthy Shows his true coaching ability without Favre. I wish the Packers would have signed Childress before the Vikings did.

Lions: "I am a Lions Fan and I am off to see the Wizard about a whole lot more than just courage..."

Bears: Not even Ditka could get my Bears team into the playoffs.

Pack gives:

Lions: Reminding Green Bay Packer fans that things could always be much, much worse.

The NFC North Challenge Year 1

The NFC North Challenge Year 2

Edited by Fatman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in and can't wait to give the Rodgers, I mean Favre, I mean Rodgers, I mean Favre, I mean Rodgers led Packers a sigline.

I think I saw them on TV at Lambeau Stadium chanting, "BRING FAVRE BACK, BRING FAVRE BACK!"

All 50 Vikings fans in Favre spamshirts were chanting while inside Lambeau TT and McCarthy got standing ovations. :wacko:

Normally I don't do this, but I can't let GB's fan total be as pathetic as it is right now. Especially since the Vikes are a good team that is missing a passing offense and passing defense. Not the way to win divisions.

I'm in, Go Cubs, I mean Bears

Footsteps. The Brewers 25 years of sucking are as nothing to the epic century of sucking posted by the Northsiders.