[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

$20 league for MVP Challenge fans

Puddy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the number of participants is bound to be a lot lower than the actual MVP Challenge, I would suggest eliminating the playoffs, and just allow everyone who signs up to participate until the end. What do you think of that?

I can wait until there's a forum, but there would be an option to have MFL account for a weekly payout of the highest scoring team. Just a thought and just another reason to sign up. :wacko:

Funny you say that, if you look back I always used the MVP challenge entry as a que to sign up each year. :D

When is the deadline going to be for entries? I am in I am just one of those people that like to wait until the last minute!

Check out the link to our league forum above. We will be able to wait until pretty late and will get all those details figured out in the next few days.

Since the number of participants is bound to be a lot lower than the actual MVP Challenge, I would suggest eliminating the playoffs, and just allow everyone who signs up to participate until the end. What do you think of that?

I don't know? Part of the challenge to playing the game was to make the finals and still have some players left to compete. More strategy goes into it that way and that is what made the MVP Challenge unique and fun. I would like to see it stay the same.

If anyone is interested in continuing the format of the MVP Challenge (which would be nice in addition to The Huddle's free contest), please post here. We'll charge $20 to enter. As many people who want to enter can. If you don't know the rules we'll post the details later. Basically, you can use any player in the NFL any week you want to. But you can only use them once.

Very easy league to participate in as there is no trading, waivers, divisions, etc.

Once we have a final number of teams we will determine how many make the playoffs and how many positions are paid out. It will all be percentage based (i.e. 50% for 1st, 25% for 2nd, etc.).

Link to the newly created league forum

Id play

Received a couple more payments today.

Looking for many more participants in this.

For those who simply don't want to add another league, this isn't really a league but just a contest. No pressure to stay in from year to year. Each year stands on its own.

:wacko: Let's get this thing going.

In. I'll pay by this weekend.

By the way, for what it's worth, my two cents is that we follow last year's rules as much as possible, with one exception in mind:

The fact that this will obviously be much smaller than past years eliminates the need to have "playoffs", IMO. That, and the fact that this has turned into a pay contest makes me believe that everyone should be able to go weeks 1-17.

Just my thoughts... either way, count me in. I'll try to get a couple of others as well.

In. I'll pay by this weekend.

By the way, for what it's worth, my two cents is that we follow last year's rules as much as possible, with one exception in mind:

The fact that this will obviously be much smaller than past years eliminates the need to have "playoffs", IMO. That, and the fact that this has turned into a pay contest makes me believe that everyone should be able to go weeks 1-17.

Just my thoughts... either way, count me in. I'll try to get a couple of others as well.

That has been brought up by someone else as well. I will start a discussion thread in the forum for any changes people would like to see.