[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Auctions at Fantasy Auctioneer

j2v

A few forum folks previously tried to rally a Huddler auction at FantasyAuctioneer.com; building on that, we're going to formally schedule some of those starting this week.

The plan is to have a private auction for Huddlers only each of the next four Tuesdays. Here are the particulars for this week's festivities:

Date: Tuesday, July 29

Time: 8:30 Eastern

12 teams

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF + 6 bench spots

$200 cap

Performance scoring, non-PPR

To get the private auction login and password, email support@fantasyauctioneer.com and tell them you're signing up for Huddler Auction #1.

These are free, though FantasyAuctioneer is also attempting to gauge interest in a $9.99 "Beat the Expert" kind of auction that would be played out using a best ball format. PM me if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.

If there's enough interest, we could schedule more than one auction a week. Post what days/times work for you and we'll see what we can come up with.

2V

Oh sure do it Tues when I can't. More proof that DMD is afraid.

:wacko:

Other days and times can be accommodated; I tossed Tuesdays out as a starting point. Open to suggestions, and if we can find a time when a dozen or so of us can gather we'll be good to go.

BeeR, what works for you?

2V

Okay, we have a confirmed DMD participation in a Huddler mock auction next Wednesday (August 6) evening. So between myself, DMD and BeeR that's three of the dozen spots filled. Anyone care to join us, or do I have to start knocking on doors personally?

Also, Tuesday nights are still booked for Huddle auctions at FantasyAuctioneer so if you're interested let them know. Otherwise we have to fill the spots with--gasp--commoners. Or worse, folks who get their info from other fantasy web sites. Do you really want that to happen?

2V

The later the better on Weds for me FYI - probably can't start sooner than about 9-10 PM EST. Also I suggest setting up for 10 vs 12 as you probably won't even get that many here for an auction draft...

Finally can I ask that we do $100 vs $200? In my experience 200 makes it last much longer. If you really want the guy, bid up another whopping 1%.

The later the better on Weds for me FYI - probably can't start sooner than about 9-10 PM EST. Also I suggest setting up for 10 vs 12 as you probably won't even get that many here for an auction draft...

Finally can I ask that we do $100 vs $200? In my experience 200 makes it last much longer. If you really want the guy, bid up another whopping 1%.

We'll see what time works for all, I prefer later rather than earlier as well. I'll keep it at 12 for now, but if we need to trim it to 10 then so be it.

I agree that $100 is preferable to $200 and will likely talk to FA to change that default as well. The auctions I'm in are $100 except for the dynasty league with a 26 man roster (offense and IDP); we get $200 for that one.

2V

2v - I thought your PM noted that there was a Tuesday mock auction. If that's still the case, I can probably do Tuesday night.

I'm looking to get as many of this on the board as possible. I have two, possibly three auctions coming up and haven't had any chances to mock yet. So anyone who needs to shake off the rust for an auction is welcome to join us.

Right now I'm hoping to fill Tuesday and Wednesday mocks next week. The Tuesday one will likely be earlier in the evening (7:00ish central) and the Wednesday one a little later (maybe 8ish or 9ish). At present there doesn't seem to be much auction interest here, so I'm going door-to-door in hopes of drumming up business. I'm not above begging or bribery. Maybe a pair of DMD-autographed tube socks for a best-ball winner (I'm pretty Fantasy Auctioneer can set up the auction league to play itself out at no charge)?

So, right now

TUES

2V

Darin

DMD (haven't confirmed him for both nights, but with a little arm-twisting...)

WED

2V

BeeR

DMD

If we can get to 9 I know George del Prado, the owner of Fantasy Auctioneer, will jump in and field a team on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll have more than enough to fill these and start scheduling more for the following week.

And, as I've indicated, I'm open to other times/days if these don't work for you.

2V

And DMD. Maybe they're all afraid of YOU.

yeah yeah, that's the ticket

OK well let me know on Weds. PS let us know when you say times what time zone you're talking (I assume Eastern but can't hurt to confirm since I know DMD is Pacific, as is FA.com).

PS I can't believe I'm even thinking about this let alone suggesting it, but if by some miracle we got enough people and all go there at the same time, we can always do an ESPN mock auction (they launch every 5 mins) - we'd have to be able to get most if not all huddlers though to minimize the kiddie factor - typically some loser little brat purposely screws up the draft, at least in most of the ones I've tried.

PS I can't believe I'm even thinking about this let alone suggesting it, but if by some miracle we got enough people and all go there at the same time, we can always do an ESPN mock auction (they launch every 5 mins) - we'd have to be able to get most if not all huddlers though to minimize the kiddie factor - typically some loser little brat purposely screws up the draft, at least in most of the ones I've tried.

DMD and I are both Central, and WW and Fantasy Auctioneer are Pacific. I'll try to specify zones when I toss times out. Auctioneer runs mocks every half hour and fills empty spots with computer-generated bids, and I'm guessing the kiddie factor is not as in play as at ESPN.

I've been tossing out invites to fellow Huddlers and may have to expand my net; this group doesn't seem to have migrated to the auction yet, or if they have they're keeping their cards pretty close to the vest.

2V

DMD and I are both Central, and WW and Fantasy Auctioneer are Pacific. I'll try to specify zones when I toss times out. Auctioneer runs mocks every half hour and fills empty spots with computer-generated bids, and I'm guessing the kiddie factor is not as in play as at ESPN.
Not even close. OK thx

I'll set something up for Wednesday evening. I'm thinking 8:00 central (9:00 east coast, 6:00 west coast). Does that work for the handful of us who are in? I'll get George from Fantasy Auctioneer and see if I can fill out a 10-teamer with a few more industry acquaintances and we'll go from there.

I also plan on jumping into a public auction at Auctioneer tonight later in the evening (9:00 or later central) to get my feet wet. You're all free to join in the fray.

2V

I'll set something up for Wednesday evening. I'm thinking 8:00 central (9:00 east coast, 6:00 west coast). Does that work for the handful of us who are in? I'll get George from Fantasy Auctioneer and see if I can fill out a 10-teamer with a few more industry acquaintances and we'll go from there.

I also plan on jumping into a public auction at Auctioneer tonight later in the evening (9:00 or later central) to get my feet wet. You're all free to join in the fray.

2V

Looks like I won't be completely "free" tomorrow night but I should be able to make it happen.... looking forward to the specific info...

how long does something like this take?

Somewhere between 1-2 hours. If we have more than half the auction filled with non-Artificial Intelligence (that's not a shot at any of you, the system makes bids based on average auction value for any non-human teams), it will be closer to one hour.

I'm setting it up for 8:00 central tonight, 10 teams, $100 cap (which should make it go faster than a $200 cap). I'd suggest heading there soon to sign up (give me about 15 minutes to get the auction set up), but George at FantasyAuctioneer.com told me he'd boot any rabble that wandered into our auction by mistake, so there's no need to mess with a password or anything.

2V

Auction is set up for 8:00 central tonight

10 teams, 14 players per team (1/2/3/1/1/1)

Typical performance scoring, non-PPR

9 seconds to bid (clock resets after each bid, you get a going once at 3, a going twice at 6, and a sold at 9 if you haven't used FantasyAuctioneer before)

25 seconds to toss a name out (otherwise the system throws out the next name according to the Average Auction Value rankings)

If you want in, sign up; love to fill it with Huddlers if at all possible. Hey, don't cost nothin'.

This link. should get you there; if not, go to Fantasy Auctioneer and look for the Public Auction titled HUDDLERS

2V