[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scheme Impact

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=637

POSITION BATTLES: Na’il Diggs continues to work with the first team at strongside linebacker ahead of Landon Johnson, the team’s highest-paid free agent pickup this year.

I know that Thomas Davis isnt mentioned in the above quote....READ INTO IT....Diggs is running with the ones on the STRONG SIDE....that means that Davis would get a very significant bump in value if he does indeed start at WLB for the Panthers this year. This also will impact Dan Connor down the road....with Beason at MLB and Davis at WLB I dont think that they would move Beason to SLB so if Connor is gonna play in the future SLB seems to be a very likely home for him.....

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=637

I know that Thomas Davis isnt mentioned in the above quote....READ INTO IT....Diggs is running with the ones on the STRONG SIDE....that means that Davis would get a very significant bump in value if he does indeed start at WLB for the Panthers this year. This also will impact Dan Connor down the road....with Beason at MLB and Davis at WLB I dont think that they would move Beason to SLB so if Connor is gonna play in the future SLB seems to be a very likely home for him.....

I'm going to go on record and say this was just an error in reporting. Both Diggs and L. Johnson were playing WLB all last year, the Panthers obviously saw Johnson as a WLB, so for BOTH of them to suddenly move to the strong side would seem VERY unlikely right now.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the first time a media outlet didn't know the difference between the weak side and the strong side. :wacko:

I've seen the same thing, and it's about time Fox got his head out of his arse and used Davis at WLB - the guy's talent and playmaking skills are tailor made for the position.

Conner owners have to be discouraged. He's either going to need an injury to occur to move into a scoring IDP role, or he's going to be stuck at SLB once (if) he breaks through there.

Edited by Bronco Billy

According to the Charlotte Observer, this is legit.

http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/730446.html

I'm giving Davis a sizeable boost in the short term and Beason a sizeable boost in the long term now that it appears that Connor's supposed usurping of the MIKE job is less likely with this move.

I am LOVING my round 18 pick in ATAP even more!! :wacko: