[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Draft Analyzer

scottyjets

Has anyone ever used the ESPN Draft Analyzer for their fantasy football draft? I've always been in two big money league on ESPN and I'm wondering if I'm foolish not to use it especially if some of my opponents are.. and I get two uses out of it for the price of one since I'm in two leagues. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it and if it's worth it or if it's for noobs..

You can download the demo for free from their site...you have to go in and tell it how many teams are in your draft, scoring, etc...and it starts off with the Huddle rankings but it's highly tweakable and you can use the editor and put in your own projections...try and out and Merv and his staff can help you out if you have any problems. It's half the cost of ESPN's software and well worth the $20. Been using it for 4-5 years now and it's an extremely useful tool.

It has a list of all the players in it...so once you set your draft order you just click on the player that's been chosen and whoever you told the software was choosing in that spot, that owner's name pops up and you just click on it. Again, the demo is FREE, FREE, FREE...try it out and if you don't like it then shell out the $40 to ESPN...

yeah that kills most of the benefit for me. I've always been kind of old school with an excel spreadsheet but I like the idea of a piece of software that automatically hooks up to my draft as it's happening.

anyone have any experience with the ESPN software? worth it or not?

No I'm in two leagues and they're both on ESPN. Do you have stock in Rotolab or what?? :wacko:

I like the idea of a convenient tool to help me stay organized during the draft. That's all I'm really looking for. If ESPN Draft Analyzer can hook up to my draft and cross off names on my draft list for me, I'm thrilled. One of my drafts has a 90 second time limit and I spend probably half of that crossing off names. I feel it's a major issue for me especially when a handful of people are on autodraft, and the picks are coming fast and furious. I've had time run out on me and I've been stuck with a player I don't want before. That's a nightmare and that's all I'm really looking to solve. Anything else that the software brings is just a bonus.

That being said, anyone ever use ESPN's analyzer software? Is it flaky? any feedback appreciated before I ship another $40 to the evil empire that is ESPN...

forgive the noob question from a non-noob but I've never heard of these programs before. Are they mock drafts or what exactly does a Rotolab or draft analyzer do?

Has anyone ever used the ESPN Draft Analyzer for their fantasy football draft? I've always been in two big money league on ESPN and I'm wondering if I'm foolish not to use it especially if some of my opponents are.. and I get two uses out of it for the price of one since I'm in two leagues. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it and if it's worth it or if it's for noobs..

its free if you get espn the mag,

No I'm in two leagues and they're both on ESPN. Do you have stock in Rotolab or what?? :wacko:

I like the idea of a convenient tool to help me stay organized during the draft. That's all I'm really looking for. If ESPN Draft Analyzer can hook up to my draft and cross off names on my draft list for me, I'm thrilled. One of my drafts has a 90 second time limit and I spend probably half of that crossing off names. I feel it's a major issue for me especially when a handful of people are on autodraft, and the picks are coming fast and furious. I've had time run out on me and I've been stuck with a player I don't want before. That's a nightmare and that's all I'm really looking to solve. Anything else that the software brings is just a bonus.

That being said, anyone ever use ESPN's analyzer software? Is it flaky? any feedback appreciated before I ship another $40 to the evil empire that is ESPN...

Forgive yet another reply from someone who hasn't used it. Then again, it doesn't seem like you're getting much love from those who have.

I don't exactly understand what you're spending $40 on. Something that crosses off your players for you? Doesn't the live draft cross off players as you go? I'm not sure how "high dollar" your leagues are, but if it's less than $250 per, I don't know if I'd drop another $40 to save the trouble of crossing guys names off. Don't you cross them off as you go?

My leagues are more laid back so there's nothing like a 90 sec time limit, but I've always gone paper and doubt I've ever used even a minute to make a pick, even if I spent half that time crossing off names because I'm the only guy in the league who lives across country and somebody has to tell me the last 5 guys taken before my pick.

Wow.

Seriously, what's the fun of FF if someone else is doing all of your work & making all of your decisions for you?

It doesn't matter, they don't work very well. I've tried countless different programs and I never used them in real drafts. Just load up on the mock drafts, either get a free Yahoo online draft or fantasyfootballcalculator.com.

• 1 year later...
Wow.

Seriously, what's the fun of FF if someone else is doing all of your work & making all of your decisions for you?

LMAO

Usually the guys that use these progams previously lost year in and year out. I have never used a program as I have done very well with my own free research, The Huddle, and Rhino's spreadsheet :wacko:

Edited by LayLow

Forgive yet another reply from someone who hasn't used it. Then again, it doesn't seem like you're getting much love from those who have.

I don't exactly understand what you're spending $40 on. Something that crosses off your players for you? Doesn't the live draft cross off players as you go? I'm not sure how "high dollar" your leagues are, but if it's less than $250 per, I don't know if I'd drop another $40 to save the trouble of crossing guys names off. Don't you cross them off as you go?

My leagues are more laid back so there's nothing like a 90 sec time limit, but I've always gone paper and doubt I've ever used even a minute to make a pick, even if I spent half that time crossing off names because I'm the only guy in the league who lives across country and somebody has to tell me the last 5 guys taken before my pick.

What he said

Even with 90 second intervals I assume that you would be caught up crossing people off up to the point of the guy who picks in front of you. So crossing off one name takes you half the time? Maybe you should just ask them to raise the draft time? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the RotoLab, and I want my $20 back. It's not user friendly, not to mention it's ugly. I've messed around with it for a few hours and it just doesn't make sense, and it looks like it was put together as a 6th grade computer project. I'll just stick with myHuddle for my cheat sheets.