[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anthony Waters: Outlook?

I was doing some reading on Chargers ILB's Wilhelm and Cooper as I'm debating whether to draft them for dynasty purposes and came across Anthony Waters, third round pick by San Diego in 07, a man who'd never appeared on my radar before (I am fairly new to IDP). I managed to learn that he's just had a knee surgery, but should be ready for the season, when he's expected to fill in for Cooper during his suspension. (Also read that he fell to the third because of ACL tear, and had an off the field incident in 07, accused of attacking someone, a red flag). One source, who I didn't note as it was late and I was tired, suggested that Waters might be in line to replace either Wilhelm or Cooper if he takes full advantage Cooper's suspension.

Putting the knee to one side for a moment, does anyone have any opinion on whether Waters is really considered by Chargers staff to be a future starter? Or is he more of a back up? Does he have the talent?

Edited by MonkeyOne

From today(but right now Smith is working with Cooper in the 1's)

Waters works

Linebacker Anthony Waters looked strong in his first practice of training camp, running well and reporting he felt good afterward.

Waters, who missed the first week-plus of camp after arthroscopic knee surgery, is expected to play in Saturday's preseason opener against Dallas. Waters worked a little in the third-team and second-team base defense.

It's WAY too soon to know where Waters fits into the linebacker mix for the Bolts. He's got the potential to be a beast on "D", but the knee will be a question mark. He's also basically a rookie so he'll have to get some reps to see how fast he can pick up the defensive playbook. Stay tuned.