[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams vs Jonathan Stewart

Brentastic

Just one season, but if you listened to Brentastic and humbly "me".....you should have had a great fantasy season with DeAngelo Williams as a #2 back.....could have won you by himself last week's playoff or championship!! Naysayers....Kudos to Brentastic and all believers.....try getting Williams next year in the first round of redraft leagues.LOL!! :D

Thanks for the props. After reading thru this thread again, I actually had more supporters than I originally thought. I'm guessing this thread was 65/35 in favor of Stewart. I'm not right all the time but I think I'm right more often than not :wacko:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Williams will go very high next year and will end up being a Stephen Jackson clone. There's a first round bust every year and overproducers this year tend to be it.

But they dont produce for a reason. SJax was a beast in 06, and was hurt in 07 and 08, but look at the team he is on. Gore was also a beast in 06, then the team went backwards instead of forward and a lack of QB play limited what he could do in 07. He wasnt bad, but wasnt great this year.DeW plays on a pretty solid team that is run first, but also has an uber stud WR in Smith.

I think DeW plays great next year as well, but I also think there will be a LOT of 2nd round steals next year. I think SJax and Gore might fall in to rounds 2 and maybe even 3. Itll be interesteing to see what happens...

But they dont produce for a reason. SJax was a beast in 06, and was hurt in 07 and 08, but look at the team he is on. Gore was also a beast in 06, then the team went backwards instead of forward and a lack of QB play limited what he could do in 07. He wasnt bad, but wasnt great this year.DeW plays on a pretty solid team that is run first, but also has an uber stud WR in Smith.

I think DeW plays great next year as well, but I also think there will be a LOT of 2nd round steals next year. I think SJax and Gore might fall in to rounds 2 and maybe even 3. Itll be interesteing to see what happens...

I'm avoiding all 3...I'll take Stewart if I can though...

I don't even know if it's worth ranking players anymore....because there are a good amount of players slated for the 1st round next year that I don't like.....and that sounds an awful lot like how I felt headed into my drafts earlier in August...

Man this is a long thread...

DeAngelo Williams SUCKS!!

Why are we still talking about this. Check his 2007 stats which I think someone already did. He had a run for 75 yds in week 6 which helped him rush for 121 yds and a td. His other good game was in week 17 when Tampa rested their stating D and starting O in preparation for the playoffs. Unless DeAngelo can break runs for 75 yds or play second string Ds on a regular basis...He SUCKS.

Fact is he may never have another 75 yard run in his career.

Stewart did well last year with a foot injury that is still healing up after his recent surgery. Once it does Fox will unleash the beast.

But this is coming from a guy that thinks Kevin Smith wins rookie of the year!!

:wacko: Swing! and a miss...

It will be interesting to see who gets hyped the most going into next season.

I was also not sold on DW, but after watching his games this year, there is no question he is more talented than JS. While both backs are very talented and I think JS would be a great starter for most clubs, DW has more moves, is quicker, and more break-away speed. What was missing was his power game and he has shown both great power inside, vision, and break-away speed this year. With both having an equal shot to win the starting job, DW has clearly won the starting job with superior play over the last 6-7 weeks. Looking at the number of carries, its clear Fox agrees.

If people are actually watching the games, there is no question that DW is the better back.

However, as Dallas and other teams have shown, you need two backs and in one play, JS could get his chance to be the featured back.

THe Carolina offensive line is still very youg with Otah and Gross. They will only get better.

I have probably carried the Deangelo flag higher than anybody here since he came into the league, espeically this season as I toted him as "the steal of the year" but I'm actually writing now because I wasn't sold on Jon Stewart before the season. I am now. I think both are top ten talents. I would hesitate to take Deangelo in the top five or to keep him as my #1 RB simply because at some point Stewart is going to be a force in this league, but I wouldn't hesitate to take Deangelo over Barber or anyone else in the bottom half of the first round. I also think Stewart could have value that puts him in the 2nd round. For a team that runs the ball about 66% of the time, I could see both of them being impact players next season. The only thing that scares me about Deangelo is his slow start. If he gets off to a slow start again next year, he might not get his job back. He is just sick though. I don't see him looking back. Think Brian Westbrook minus a few catches.

I have probably carried the Deangelo flag higher than anybody here since he came into the league, espeically this season as I toted him as "the steal of the year" but I'm actually writing now because I wasn't sold on Jon Stewart before the season. I am now. I think both are top ten talents. I would hesitate to take Deangelo in the top five or to keep him as my #1 RB simply because at some point Stewart is going to be a force in this league, but I wouldn't hesitate to take Deangelo over Barber or anyone else in the bottom half of the first round. I also think Stewart could have value that puts him in the 2nd round. For a team that runs the ball about 66% of the time, I could see both of them being impact players next season. The only thing that scares me about Deangelo is his slow start. If he gets off to a slow start again next year, he might not get his job back. He is just sick though. I don't see him looking back. Think Brian Westbrook minus a few catches.

Wow. Never thought I'd see you embrace Stew.

Wow. Never thought I'd see you embrace Stew.

I mostly hated on him for shunning my favorite University in favor of our biggest rival. I just couldn't be unbiased. That said, the stiff arm was ridiculous. He isn't Marion Barber, but he isn't as soft as I thought.