[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

one more time..who is responsible for coming up with the huddle rankings?

dominatorr

i asked a similar question a couple weeks ago and at first DMD said (and I'm paraphrasing) that he was the man responsible for BOTH rankings and player summaries.........then, another huddle writer said that actually HE did the defense summaries but didnt say whether he came up with the defensive rankings.....

then today I'm looking at my fantasy football mag (fantasy football index) and noticed in the magazine that DMD ranked chicago the #5 defense and san diego the #1 best defense.....this totally contradicts the huddle's defensive rankings (chicago #1 and san diego #3)....... :D .... will somebody please explain this? :wacko:

Edited by dominatorr

.... will somebody please explain this? :wacko:

It's a regular ol riddle, wrapped in a mystery, covered in a conundrum. Irish is actually the guy who does all the rankings, ask him. He is ultra-knowledgeable and can copy and paste like no-one I've ever seen.

Aren't all rankings locked into place for the next season the day immediately after the Super Bowl? :wacko:

My guess is rankings stay good for 3 years. So maybe these were last years rankings, and this year DMD had to redo them.

I dont know really. This is a mind bottling situation that needs to be dealt with.

"Di you just say 'mind bottling'?"

"Yeah, like when your mindd is all bottled up with emotion".

:D

This thread is for the large frog with a dog in a bog covered with smog!

The first page has sort of a breakdown of huddle writers. some do the projections others do the rankings . I believe Darin does the Defense rankings. It is not terribly uncommon for one huddle writer to have a slightly different opinion than another. This has been discussed on here before. We have actually seen drafts by huddle writers where they took players that would differ from the ranking sheets. It is no secret. Take the info thats in front of you , absorb it, and translate it into your own decision making. You are spending too much time worrying about who does what here. A site that has multiple opinions from its writers is more valuable than a site that has 7 writers on the exact same page IMO.

My guess is rankings stay good for 3 years. So maybe these were last years rankings, and this year DMD had to redo them.

I dont know really. This is a mind bottling situation that needs to be dealt with.

"Di you just say 'mind bottling'?"

"Yeah, like when your mindd is all bottled up with emotion".

:wacko:

This thread is for the large frog with a dog in a bog covered with smog!

I cant get enough of that movie. "She has Stranzes legs and Fairchilds ass"

I will certainly take responsibility for all rankings, whether I did them personally or not.

For what it is worth, John Tuvey did do the rankings for team defense that you see as well as the writeups for them. We both reviewed every one of them prior to publishing the rankings.

What you are seeing in Index magazine is 100% me only it happens at the first of May right after the NFL draft and before I have time to review and analyze every team. So the Index ranking is something that I submit I think the first or second week in May and thanks to time demands I am making more educated guesses on almost all rankings more so than after I have spent an entire month analyzing and breaking down every team and every player.

Darin does the IDP rankings but not sure he actually does the Team Def rankings. My guess is this is more to do with when the FF index article was written than anything else.

I don't get all caught up in exactly how anyone ranks players so this isn't really bothering me as much as it is you.

i asked a similar question a couple weeks ago and at first DMD said (and I'm paraphrasing) that he was the man responsible for BOTH rankings and player summaries.........then, another huddle writer said that actually HE did the defense summaries but didnt say whether he came up with the defensive rankings.....

then today I'm looking at my fantasy football mag (fantasy football index) and noticed in the magazine that DMD ranked chicago the #5 defense and san diego the #1 best defense.....this totally contradicts the huddle's defensive rankings (chicago #1 and san diego #3)....... :D .... will somebody please explain this? :wacko:

i'm sure it depends on when the information had to be submitted. a lot can change over the course of an offseason. most of these mags come out early, which demands that the content be submitted even earlier. it's highly possible that the "experts" took a first whack at it to meet a deadline, but based on further analysis, free agents, injuries, etc., the rankings have changed.

overall, use the mags to entertain yourself while taking a dump, use the website for the most recent rankings, projections, articles, etc.

ETA: DMD replied during my typing. Get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Edited by rhippens

I believe that those experts did the ranking for that magazine in May. I'm paying for Huddle information and it is now August. Hopefully, the Huddle may still consider changing rankings based on further information that hasn't happened yet. Otherwise why would I need anymore info than what is out there in May? Does anyone go to their drafts with a FFI Magazine as their only guide? Hopefully not.

I will certainly take responsibility for all rankings, whether I did them personally or not.

For what it is worth, John Tuvey did do the rankings for team defense that you see as well as the writeups for them. We both reviewed every one of them prior to publishing the rankings.

What you are seeing in Index magazine is 100% me only it happens at the first of May right after the NFL draft and before I have time to review and analyze every team. So the Index ranking is something that I submit I think the first or second week in May and thanks to time demands I am making more educated guesses on almost all rankings more so than after I have spent an entire month analyzing and breaking down every team and every player.

I appreciate the reply and the explanation :wacko:

The first page has sort of a breakdown of huddle writers. some do the projections others do the rankings . I believe Darin does the Defense rankings. It is not terribly uncommon for one huddle writer to have a slightly different opinion than another. This has been discussed on here before. We have actually seen drafts by huddle writers where they took players that would differ from the ranking sheets. It is no secret. Take the info thats in front of you , absorb it, and translate it into your own decision making. You are spending too much time worrying about who does what here. A site that has multiple opinions from its writers is more valuable than a site that has 7 writers on the exact same page IMO.

for your info I always want and get multiple opinions from many multiple sources.....and generally a site with multiple opinions is better than one, IF, and this is a big if, if u know who's opinion you are reading at the time....on this site I have no idea..........that's where I am having a bit of an issue because I respect some prognosticators much more than others (I look at their track record over many years) and some are good and some not so good............the good ones I take note of and then in the end make my own decisions on who to draft...this strategy has allowed me to win my 12 team league 3 times in 7 years and this league is very competitive :wacko:

i'm sure it depends on when the information had to be submitted. a lot can change over the course of an offseason. most of these mags come out early, which demands that the content be submitted even earlier. it's highly possible that the "experts" took a first whack at it to meet a deadline, but based on further analysis, free agents, injuries, etc., the rankings have changed.

overall, use the mags to entertain yourself while taking a dump, use the website for the most recent rankings, projections, articles, etc.

ETA: DMD replied during my typing. Get it straight from the horse's mouth.

DMD is a horse? :wacko: