[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Jackson

SLAYER

over the fact that he is holding out and doesn't appear to be close to signing. If you are about to draft and you have the #3 pick, do you still take him or is he being dropped a few spots.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i drafted him last week and i'm not happy with him :wacko:

I'd be less happy with the Rams. They've got an aging QB and star wideout. Why the hell would they want the cornerstone of their offense to reach the FA market? Lock that dude up! 1.75 million? Isn't that what he's set to make?

I'd be less happy with the Rams. They've got an aging QB and star wideout. Why the hell would they want the cornerstone of their offense to reach the FA market? Lock that dude up! 1.75 million? Isn't that what he's set to make?

Do you consider Brady aging? They were drafted the same round, same year... Just saying...

Do you consider Brady aging? They were drafted the same round, same year... Just saying...

I think Bulger aged about 10 years last year... Just saying...

OK, how 'bout aging star WR and busted up QB.

Edited by detlef

I don't have any proof of this, but holdouts seem a lot more susceptible to injury when they finally report and start playing full speed again. I always am leery of guys who miss more than a couple of weeks of TC - the others guys are just way ahead of them, and the only way to get into football shape is to play in a full contact situation.

I drafted him #3 and I'm not nervous. Yet. Supposedly Saunders has a massive playbook so soner would be better than later. I'm sure he's studying the playbook but this time next week they still aren't close I'd have to consider his ranking.

I don't know. Did he play in the Hunchback of Notre Dame during summer stock?

Okay, that got a chuckle.

Am I worried about S-Jax? Yeah, a little. I think he'll play, but if you're going to spend a top 3 pick on the guy you want him to practice, too.

I am not moving him in the rankings yet but if he goes past the first preseason game much I will. He is missing out on the new offense being installed. Shame...

It's my understanding that if he doesn't report today that he will not be accredited a season for this year. I don't think he's really going to see a FA period any time soon.

It's my understanding that if he doesn't report today that he will not be accredited a season for this year. I don't think he's really going to see a FA period any time soon.

I don't think that's right. Preseason has nothing to do with being credited for a season.

Don't they only have to play 6 games or so?

I know I've read that some guys have threatened to sit until later and just show up when they have to so they get credit for the season.

I don't think that's right. Preseason has nothing to do with being credited for a season.

Don't they only have to play 6 games or so?

I know I've read that some guys have threatened to sit until later and just show up when they have to so they get credit for the season.

The Associated Press reports St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson missed his 16th workout and the 12th day of training camp Tuesday, Aug. 5. A player must be in camp within 30 days of the start of the season or they lose an accrued season of experience and eligibility for free agency, according to NFL rules. The deadline for Jackson was Tuesday.

I am not sure about Jackson this year. Last year I had him high on my boards and he was good, but he was injured and never seemed to be great. This year I am going at him with a little caution. When you select a playe in the top 5 you want to make sure that they are going to be a lock to be a difference maker. Grant it, that I do not see a ton a great RB's this year, and Jackson has the potential to carry your team. To say that I am not a little concerned would be a lie.

QBs, of any position, have proven to last well into their 30s and Bulger is only 31 - I wouldn't say he's aging yet with 5 good years left. Holt being 32 probably has 2-3 good years left if his knee holds up ok. But I do agree with you on the Sjax part, they need to pay the man. RBs usually only have about 5 good years, so of any position, I think they're justified in wanting to get their money early.

But I do agree with you on the Sjax part, they need to pay the man. RBs usually only have about 5 good years, so of any position, I think they're justified in wanting to get their money early.

And every year he's been a starter he's missed time due to injury. Its nice that he came back last year but I would rather draft a player that is healthy (or at least training with the team), in camp, learning a new playbook, and putting in the dirty work before the season begins.

IMHO, he's still relying on his athleticism to make plays for him and the result, thus far, has been less than stellar in reality and fantasy. On top of it, his QB can't stay healthy, they lost Bruce, and Holt is on the decline. I would look elsewhere at #3 but that's just me.

And every year he's been a starter he's missed time due to injury. Its nice that he came back last year but I would rather draft a player that is healthy (or at least training with the team), in camp, learning a new playbook, and putting in the dirty work before the season begins.

IMHO, he's still relying on his athleticism to make plays for him and the result, thus far, has been less than stellar in reality and fantasy. On top of it, his QB can't stay healthy, they lost Bruce, and Holt is on the decline. I would look elsewhere at #3 but that's just me.

I wouldn't take him at 3 - Like last year, I have Addai at #3. My top 5 is like this:

L.T.

ADP

Addai

Gore

Jackson (he won't stay here if he holds out much longer)