[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Jackson

SLAYER

I agree with the Grant point....I had Lynch last year and he's very mediocre due to being on a weak team....

In the B.O.T.H. league I'm in - I basically have to keep Lynch (forfeit 4th round pick) based on value alone. I'm not happy about it but I just have to do it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every couple of years RB's in general get watered down in value and that's usually the year where you see a couple of players come out the woodworks....and that will be this year....

but right now, things look messy immediately outside the top 10.....or even before the top 10 because I'm becoming less and less sold on Grant and Lynch...

I've had Gore a couple times on my squad and like I said, if I can get him cheap, then sure, but no way in hell do I bid high on him. Their passing game scares no one. No QB really. Marginal receivers. Hard to run with 8-9 in the box and the little dump-offs can only rack up so many fantasy points. I don;t see their offense scoring a lot of TD's. Someone alluded to Martz having a positive effect on Kevin Jones. I beg to differ. I had Jones too and was largely unimpressed.

I've had Gore a couple times on my squad and like I said, if I can get him cheap, then sure, but no way in hell do I bid high on him. Their passing game scares no one. No QB really. Marginal receivers. Hard to run with 8-9 in the box and the little dump-offs can only rack up so many fantasy points. I don;t see their offense scoring a lot of TD's. Someone alluded to Martz having a positive effect on Kevin Jones. I beg to differ. I had Jones too and was largely unimpressed.

the Lions have good WR's...the Niners don't.....

or maybe they do....I wonder if he can finally utilize Bryant Johnson and if Battle can stay healthy...plus he plans to use Venon Davis a little differently....

maybe something can pan out?...

the Lions have good WR's...the Niners don't.....

You're kind of making my point. Defenses will be stacking the box to stop Gore until the SF offense shows that they actually have a passing game that defenses need to respect. For now, I still don't see many points being scored by the SF offense though.

You're kind of making my point. Defenses will be stacking the box to stop Gore until the SF offense shows that they actually have a passing game that defenses need to respect. For now, I still don't see many points being scored by the SF offense though.

but Kitna doesn't really use RB's in the passing game...

he was more of a ...maybe I'll throw to Roy again...or maybe Furrey...or McDonald...or Calvin if he's healthy kind of QB....

whoever is at QB by week 5 on the Niners should be using the safety net (Gore) to try and make the mediocre WR's better...

inexperienced QB's...or QB's who don't have much talent around them tend to use the RB more in the passing game if the RB is a viable threat ....

he was more of a ...maybe I'll throw to Roy again...or maybe Furrey...or McDonald...or Calvin if he's healthy kind of QB....

whoever is at QB by week 5 on the Niners should be using the safety net (Gore) to try and make the mediocre WR's better...

inexperienced QB's...or QB's who don't have much talent around them tend to use the RB more in the passing game if the RB is a viable threat ....

Or Vernon Davis who I DO think is going to have a real nice season - especially if Shaun Hill is the QB.

Time will tell I guess.

Or Vernon Davis who I DO think is going to have a real nice season - especially if Shaun Hill is the QB.

Time will tell I guess.

I agree with your assessment on Davis...only because I am confident in Martz finding a way to use him to the best of his ability...

I still see Gore being one of the top options in the passing game...

if healthy, he can get at least 50 receptions....

This is the key points. Because the 49ers have no one but Gore, by default he will have great numbers. Martz will utilize him in the passing game in order to counter 8 in the box. I'm also anxious to see if Martz uses Davis since Martz has never been a TE guy.

This is the key points. Because the 49ers have no one but Gore, by default he will have great numbers. Martz will utilize him in the passing game in order to counter 8 in the box. I'm also anxious to see if Martz uses Davis since Martz has never been a TE guy.

I put it this way....when has Martz ever had a TE with the ability that Davis has?....now, Davis hasn't proven much...but he has too much talent for Martz to not be able to use him....

a steady diet of Davis and Gore should upen things up for Battle, Johnson and maybe Bruce if he can stay healthy....

I put it this way....when has Martz ever had a TE with the ability that Davis has?....now, Davis hasn't proven much...but he has too much talent for Martz to not be able to use him....

a steady diet of Davis and Gore should upen things up for Battle, Johnson and maybe Bruce if he can stay healthy....

So, let's say Vernon Davis DOUBLES the best numbers a Martz TE has ever had. Would that even bring Davis into the top-10 TE group? :wacko: I'm guessing not.

So, let's say Vernon Davis DOUBLES the best numbers a Martz TE has ever had. Would that even bring Davis into the top-10 TE group? :wacko: I'm guessing not.

Don't discourage them. these are the types that we need to keep their hopes up.

what if he triples those numbers?...

also, I'm not saying he'll be a top 10 TE...I'm saying he'll be a viable weapon in the Niners passing attack to take the pressure off the run game...

but even that's not really my point.....my point is that Gore will be a weapon in the passing game and should have at least 50 receptions....

Davis will help take that pressure off him...

• 2 weeks later...

It is proven that players that hold out have a higher risk of injury. It is also a very strong point that the lack of reps make them not as sharp when the season hits. The biggest hit in my opinion on SJAX is the two largest factors for a running back.

His offensive line was desimated last year and probably going to struggle this year!!

AND the David Dorey rule of first 6 weeks of a season.

@PHI

NYG

@SEA

BUF

BYE

@WAS

Bottom line is even if he does get it going, it wont be till after mid season, when your fantasy team could very well be out of it.

It is proven that players that hold out have a higher risk of injury. It is also a very strong point that the lack of reps make them not as sharp when the season hits. The biggest hit in my opinion on SJAX is the two largest factors for a running back.

His offensive line was desimated last year and probably going to struggle this year!!

AND the David Dorey rule of first 6 weeks of a season.

@PHI

NYG

@SEA

BUF

BYE

@WAS

Bottom line is even if he does get it going, it wont be till after mid season, when your fantasy team could very well be out of it.

Who is David Dorey and why shouldanyone give 2 poops about his lame "rules"?

:wacko:

I was 1-5 and made the playoffs a year ago with Sjax. I did grab Romo off the wire that year...maybe that had something to do with it :wacko:

Sorry... but :D

Romo's ADP last year was 56. And you grabbed him off the waiver wire? :D

Edited by darin3

Sorry... but :D

Romo's ADP last year was 56. And you grabbed him off the waiver wire? :D

THAT year, not last year...... :D

ETA, although he did say he was 1-5 last year with SJ..... :wacko:

Edited by Hat Trick

I was 1-5 and made the playoffs a year ago with Sjax. I did grab Romo off the wire that year...maybe that had something to do with it :wacko:

THAT year, not last year...... :D

ETA, although he did say he was 1-5 last year with SJ..... :D

:D

Right.

Sorry to continue the hijack but...

I can see Davis being used as basically the WR3 in Martz's offense out of the slot. The WR3 in a Martz offense is a rec gold mine... see McDonald in '07, Furrey in '06, Curtis in '05 etc.

I'd draft Davis on that hunch alone if he weren't going a little high for my taste.