[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to the....... JETS

darin3

He's still saying that?

McNaabb's his 2nd year 3365 yards 13 TD's

Jackson's 1911 9 TD's.

I don't see it.

YOU THINK CHILDRESS IS LOOKING AT NUMBERS WHEN HE COMPARES TARVARIS AND MCNABB? GET REAL...HE IS LOOKING AT READS, DECISIONS, AND TECHNIQUE...THIS IS FOOTBALL, NOT STAT CLASS

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could Tarvaris match those numbers when he has HALF of the attempts? Get it right...Childress has a running game and does not need to throw the ball. What CHildress has said on the Sirius NFL betwork is that Tarvaris is reading defenses better, making the same decisions as McNabb did 2 years into his career. The numbers will not be there, but do not be that shallow and beleive what Childress says aboutn Tarvaris. My point is they never thaught they needed to replace Tarvaris with Favre.

Get it right? :wacko:

Is Childress still saying that? I haven't heard that for 2 years. Sure he has to support his QB but I haven't heard superlatives lately.

From a Jets site-

The trade agreement was structured to prevent the Jets from dealing Favre to the Vikings, his No. 1 choice. The Jets would have to give three No. 1 picks to the Packers if they made such a move, a league source confirmed.

Get it right? :D

Is Childress still saying that? I haven't heard that for 2 years. Sure he has to support his QB but I haven't heard superlatives lately.

So you're saying Childress was supporting TJax before he even drafted him? :wacko:

Well at least he'll still be in Green..... :wacko:

Don't want or need Pennington with the Vikings as he has no arm. Gus can throw the ball farther. Plus we have Booty!!!

2 and a half pages and no mention of Dustin Keller? :wacko: Favre does like him some TEs...

Keller gets a HUGH upgrade here. He has been having a great camp and has very nice hands. I can see him going into the slot or two TE formations (since he cant block...yet).

And as a Packers fan I wouldn't have a problem with Pennington going to the Jets. You know exactly what his limitations are, and I think he'd get eaten alive by the Bears and Packers defenses. With Jackson, there is a lot of potential, which in my opinion is a lot more than what Pennington has got going for him.

Penningtin going to the Jets :D I thought he was on the Jets. :D

Maybe they'll release him and bring him back and then your post would make sense :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

He's still saying that?

McNaabb's his 2nd year 3365 yards 13 TD's

Jackson's 1911 9 TD's.

I don't see it.

i forget but what team are you a coach for?

what I composed in a post about TJax last year:

E. MANNING drafted 1.1

1st 9 starts

3-6 as a starter

only passed for over 200 yards once(201)

1314 Passing Yards

35 Rushing Yards and NO TDs

9 TDs to 11 Ints

48.9% completion %

3 Fumbles , 1 lost

Sacked 15 Times

D. McNABB Drafted 1.2

1st 9 starts(another highly touted QB coming into the draft)

3-6 as a starter

only passed for more then 200 yards once(214)

1244 passing yards

325 rushing yards w/ 2 TDs

10 passing TDs and 9 INTS

52.1% completion %

7 fumbles, 5 lost

Sacked 25 times

Now look at TJax for his first 9 starts

T. JACKSON drafted 2.32(64th overall)

5-4 as a starter

Tjax has thrown for over 200 only once(213)

1340 Passing Yards

199 Rushing Yards with 2 Rushing TDs

5 TDs to 10 Ints

55.2% completion %

5 Fumbles , 1 lost

Sacked 19 Times

I am not saying that TJax will end up like either Manning or McNabb but just simply pointing out that it is really a bit to early to jump to conclusions about the kid is all

Yea, I think that Cotchery moves up more than Coles does. Favre won't care who he's throwing to. They just better be prepared to catch it. So in that case, I like Keller now even more than before. You can't really call anyone a loser on the Jets team including T Jones.

This is a little bit like when Tarkenton went to play for the Giants. The only difference is that he was not at the end of his career like Favre is. Tarkenton didn't like playing for Van Brocklin with the Vikings. They didn't get along so Fran said that he was going to "retire." He forced a trade to a New York team.

Edited by MikesVikes

First off - F Brett Favre. No love here at all.

Secondly, I know in a previous thread someone alluded to the possibilty of the Packers' trading partner (turned out to be the Jets) turning around and making a trade with the Vikings.

I saw this one time only scroll across the ESPN ticker, but according to the ticker, another term of the trade is that the Jets agreed to give the Packers 3, count 'em 3, first round picks if they were to trade Favre to the Vikings. So obviously THAT ain't happening.

First off - F Brett Favre. No love here at all.

Secondly, I know in a previous thread someone alluded to the possibilty of the Packers' trading partner (turned out to be the Jets) turning around and making a trade with the Vikings.

I saw this one time only scroll across the ESPN ticker, but according to the ticker, another term of the trade is that the Jets agreed to give the Packers 3, count 'em 3, first round picks if they were to trade Favre to the Vikings. So obviously THAT ain't happening.

but what if they trade him to tampa who then trades him to minny :wacko: