[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerious Norwood

How many people that are complaining that Turner is unproven are going to draft McFadden, Stewart, Forte, K. Smith, C. Johnson, Mendenhall...? Just sayin'. :wacko:

Also, Norwood will not have value until he can protect the passer. He will not perform well in PPR leagues because he has not earned passing situation work.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people that are complaining that Turner is unproven are going to draft McFadden, Stewart, Forte, K. Smith, C. Johnson, Mendenhall...? Just sayin'. :wacko:

Also, Norwood will not have value until he can protect the passer. He will not perform well in PPR leagues because he has not earned passing situation work.

the point is...he is valued higher than most of them and they are rookies.....he's been in the league longer and I like Norwood's ability more...

and I only like 1 of the rookies you mentioned....maybe 2...

For those who are high on Turner....

As a Falcon's fan I have to point out that the offensive line that Turner ran behind in SD is a tad bit better than the one that the Falcons will field.

Just a tad.

:wacko:

Edited by Someone

Norwood will not perform well in PPR leagues?

You lost me there.

This is my take as well. I'd expect the split to be similar to Fred Taylor/ MJD last year (dunnow what it was) with maybe a bit more Turner since Norwood doesn't have the blocking ability of MJD.

For those who are high on Turner....

As a Falcon's fan I have to point out that the offensive line that Turner ran behind in SD is a tad bit better than the one that the Falcons will field.

Just a tad.

:wacko:

Turner is still 5'11 and weighs 237 pounds with break away speed, right?

Mike Smith's offensive game plan is to establish a power running game, right?

Turner is the only real running back on this team that fits the mold and philosophy, correct?

I think of the people who value him higher than others, these are the major factors. No one is going in thinking that he'll light the world on fire, but if his body holds up, he's a lock to get 20 touches a game. If he does that, he's going to score his owner a lot of points.

This is my take as well. I'd expect the split to be similar to Fred Taylor/ MJD last year (dunnow what it was) with maybe a bit more Turner since Norwood doesn't have the blocking ability of MJD.

That's what I thought the issue was the whole time with Norwood. He just couldn't block. I think I remember a couple of games that he completely whiffed on some blocks and almost got the QB killed. He will never start or get the majority of reps until he fixes that little problem. Until then, somewhere between 5-10 total touches per game is probably about it.

Norwood will not perform well in PPR leagues?

You lost me there.

I thought I explained it well enough. He is not trusted as a blocker. Therefore, when he's in the game in passing situations he will almost always be running a route. Defenses will pick up on that quickly if they don't realize it going in. When your game becomes one dimensional, you lose an edge. And that's assuming that the coaching staff actually puts him in there. If my back couldn't block, I'd look somewhere else.

Haven't read through the whole thread but generally when a team throws that kind of cash at a player, they have plans to use him.

SD put a pretty high price tag on him as a RFA last offseason. They probably could have gotten close to what their asking price was, but they felt he was worth having to backup LT. I don't think he's going to be a superstar, but I'm excited to see him getting his chance. He lands in a poor situation, but I just don't see him losing touches to Norwood. I think the worst case scenario is that he follows in Lamont Jordan's footsteps. If he's a bust as a starter, he will still see a lot of work his first year as a feature back, no matter how low his YPC are.

But yes, he is definitely going too high in drafts.

M. Turner: 4 rush, 113yards. Runs of 63 and 52 on the first two series.

Sweet glorious monkey dance of love.

I've had Michael Turner in my local dynasty since his rookie year... I followed him in college and this thread was making me sick. Nice to see this. I wonder if the NFLN is going to replay this... :wacko:

Sweet glorious monkey dance of love.

I've had Michael Turner in my local dynasty since his rookie year... I followed him in college and this thread was making me sick. Nice to see this. I wonder if the NFLN is going to replay this... :D

Sunday 1 PM ET

Sunday 7 AM ET

Corrected time. Had bad info on NFLN guide I had :wacko:

Edited by Big John

M. Turner: 4 rush, 113yards. Runs of 63 and 52 on the first two series.

Feel good about my 3rd round pick in Ladder.

I've heard a lot of Norwood banter since that pick and kept quiet about it. They need to keep the running game to keep Ryan healthy. Turner can take it to the house as well.

Feel good about my 3rd round pick in Ladder.

I've heard a lot of Norwood banter since that pick and kept quiet about it. They need to keep the running game to keep Ryan healthy. Turner can take it to the house as well.

Hey, if he keeps up the pace that he's at now, and he gets 300 carries that puts him at about 4,500 yards rushing. :wacko:

I thought I explained it well enough. He is not trusted as a blocker. Therefore, when he's in the game in passing situations he will almost always be running a route. Defenses will pick up on that quickly if they don't realize it going in. When your game becomes one dimensional, you lose an edge. And that's assuming that the coaching staff actually puts him in there. If my back couldn't block, I'd look somewhere else.

Norwood = passing downs.....problem solved...