[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEWS FLASH! Jets release Pennington

peepinmofo

I bet Miami

Not sure if Parcells wants an injury-prone veteran with a weak arm on a rebuliding team.

My guess in Minnesota. Pennington would be a good fit on a ball-control, dink-and-dunk offense. Despite his physical problems, he's pretty accurate and pretty smart.

I dont remember who they had on at the time, but they are at Dolphins camp today, and the dude they were talking to mentioned he would like Pennington to go there. Im sure there has been talk of it amongst the players. If I had to guess, Id say MINN, maybe CHI.

:D

Say what you want about Pennington, but he is #9 in NFL history in passer rating.

Please don't tell me that NY couldn't generate a trade that would net them something for a player of that caliber with some of the guys currently playing QB in the NFL.

:wacko:

Say what you want about Pennington, but he is #9 in NFL history in passer rating.

Please don't tell me that NY couldn't generate a trade that would net them something for a player of that caliber with some of the guys currently playing QB in the NFL.

he WAS a pretty damn good QB a few years ago now?? he sucks - noodle armed dink and dunker

highly doubt MIA, and I don't think Minny either- maybe Chi??

He has enough starts to qualify for stat records? :D

Another glowing example of the value of stats :wacko:

OK. No one should need to anyway.

Another glowing example of the value of stats :wacko:

Despite using a small sample size, BB's point about Pennington being an accurate and efficient QB is right on. I wouldn't rely on his noodle arm or his shaky health to carry my team through the playoffs, but it's perfectly reasonable to believe that a guy with his skill set could be a Trent Dilfer-type "system" guy that could manage a good team to a SB.

Despite using a small sample size, BB's point about Pennington being an accurate and efficient QB is right on. I wouldn't rely on his noodle arm or his shaky health to carry my team through the playoffs, but it's perfectly reasonable to believe that a guy with his skill set could be a Trent Dilfer-type "system" guy that could manage a good team to a SB.

not a chance in hell Pennington is leading a team to a SB - he is done, and can't even throw a 20 yard out on a line.

the Dilfer comparison is off base- Trent still had the arm to throw the deep ball once in a while, and oh yeah and he was on one of the best defenses since the 85 Bears - who is Chad takin to the promised land? Chi? Miami? he is a back up at this point in his career IMO

Miami or Bust! The Tuna drafted him and is very loyal to his guys.......But if I were him.....I would be wearing purple everyday! The Vikes are gonna run the ball 35 times a game, He could dink and dunk 20 passes a game and dust off the shoulder and throw a 30 yarder once a game! T. Jackson is not the answer and the vikes know it!

I thought this same thing. However, I think that their reasoning was due to immediately creating a roster spot for Favre, and to also let Pennington have some control over where he could go and catch on in a camp as quickly as possible. Very considerate of the Jets, IMO.

Pennington is the wrong QB for the Vikings. The spent a LOT of money on Berrian, and they need someone who can get him and Sidney Rice the ball deep. I'm not saying that Pennington wouldn't be an upgrade over Jackson in several areas, but in spite of the West Coast offense, the Vikings have a vertical receiving corps.

Pennington is the wrong QB for the Vikings. The spent a LOT of money on Berrian, and they need someone who can get him and Sidney Rice the ball deep. I'm not saying that Pennington wouldn't be an upgrade over Jackson in several areas, but in spite of the West Coast offense, the Vikings have a vertical receiving corps.

werd - I agree. the Vikes offense is young, on the upswing at some point ya gotta bite the bullet and let the youngster work thru the growing pains and let him develop - which I think they will do

I think they got those guys to stop teams from loading up in the box and your right about Pennington but he is a vet. player and play action is an art, I think his experience is where the value comes from definitely not his arm......Dilfer won a superbowl? :wacko: They need some one to steer the ship not power it! My Disclaimer"My Opinion"

Edited by IrishPride

All NFL QBs ever to play and throw for 6000+ yds is a small sample?

If you're going to compare Pennington to guys like Montana and Brady, the difference in pass attempt sample size certainly needs to be considered.

If they want to utilize those vertical receivers, they need a change at QB. Because Tarvaris can't hit the broad side of the barn, much less Berrian on a 40-yd bomb. I agree that Pennington isn't the best fit to hook up with Berrian and Rice on deep routes, but he didn't exactly suck playing with burners like Coles and Moss in NY. Moreoever, this offense is built to play ball-control right now, so it doesn't really matter.

Signed with Miami.

So even though I read that Pennington was leading the competition between he and Clemens, this is a solid landing spot for Chad as he'll likely be handed the starting spot as no one has really stood out in Miami and Parcells loves having a vet. Regardless of Chad's subpar arm strength, you've got to upgrade Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams a bit, along with Fasano, Hagan and Wilford.

ETA: Maybe Ginn's stock drops a bit considering he's a deep play threat and Chad won't be able to get it there.

Edited by irish