[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks offense impressions

godtomsatan

1. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram looked extremely professional compared to the Minnesota secondary.

2. Maurice Morris ran especially well all over the field, inside and outside. Considering J.Jones didn't play, it will be interesting to see what happens next week.

3. Leonard Weaver caught two passes underneath that were designed sort of plays for short yardage catches.

4. Duckett had one 3rd & short play up the middle for plenty of yardage, and had another play where he fumbled the football. So, some good and some bad.

1. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram looked extremely professional compared to the Minnesota secondary.

2. Maurice Morris ran especially well all over the field, inside and outside. Considering J.Jones didn't play, it will be interesting to see what happens next week.

3. Leonard Weaver caught two passes underneath that were designed sort of plays for short yardage catches.

4. Duckett had one 3rd & short play up the middle for plenty of yardage, and had another play where he fumbled the football. So, some good and some bad.

He played, albeit not for extended time. He had 4 carries for 15 yards (3.8 ypc) and 1 rec for 3 yards. You're right though it will be interesting to see what shakes out in the Seattle backfield.

He played, albeit not for extended time. He had 4 carries for 15 yards (3.8 ypc) and 1 rec for 3 yards. You're right though it will be interesting to see what shakes out in the Seattle backfield.

He played one series.

He played one series.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't much which could mean that he's the main guy and they want to give Morris more work but as you said it'll be interesting as we move through the preseason.

Morris had 7 total touches for 63 total yards

Jones had 5 total touches for 18 total yards

I wasn't watching the game but you can't put too much into preseason game stats but Morris' production can't be ignored.

Morris played extended time last year after SA went down for 10 games. During that time he had a total of 131 carries 596 yards (4.5 ypc) and 4 TDs. He also had 21 rec. for 175 yards (over 8 ypc). So, per game, Morris averaged about 13 carries for 60 yards and .5 tds and 2 rec for 17 yards or so.

Julius Jones while sharing time with MBIII had 166 carries for 584 yards (3.5 ypc) and 2 TDs. He also had 23 rec for 203 yards (8.8 ypc).

So will Jones be the main guy and carry the load more than he has before or will he split time almost evenly with Morris?

Edited by irish

Morris looked awesome last night - not sure what to make of it. MIN defense line is supposed to be very good but Morris looked like a man among boys when he ran the ball. Could it be that SEA O-line is better than advertised or did MIN just underachieve? I did see a lot of half-assed attempts at tackling by MIN.

Edited by Brentastic

Morris looked awesome last night - not sure what to make of it. MIN defense line is supposed to be very good but Morris looked like a man among boys when he ran the ball. Could it be that SEA O-line is better than advertised or did MIN just underachieve? I did see a lot of half-assed attempts at tackling by MIN.

I know that at least one half of the Williams Wall was a healthy scratch last night because they are trying to see who will back those guys up. Ray Edwards has just returned from a back injury and hasn't been up to 100% speed yet. So, I'm not really concerned at all about the rushing last night.

But the secondary of the Vikings was pretty much horrible last year, and even though they have made some great moves this off-season to improve the personnel there, they obviously still have a long way to go. It definitely bothered me to see how easily Seattle passed in that opening series. But there is a good month to go before it counts, so I'm sure the Vikings coaches will be using last night's game to motivate those guys.

Safety Madieu Williams and defensive tackle Pat Williams both sat out. Madieu, because of neck spasms, and Pat, because Childress wanted to see more of Fred Evans.
Edited by Savage Beatings

Hasselbeck and Seneca Wallace played extremely well. It seemed every young WR on the team is making a case to play somewhere in the NFL; Washington State's Michael Bumpus made himself noticed.

Duckett coughed the ball up twice and was fortunate that he didn't have at least one fumble lost, he looked mediocre at best. Morris ran great, the O-line run blocking was better than any displayed in the last 2 years (pre or regular season). I'd assume J. Jones gets more reps with the starting unit next week; maybe the Morris/Jones co-starting thing is really going to happen.

Owen Schmitt can also catch well out of the backfield, but he seems to be rough on the edges and out of position at times. Justin Forsett ran well and could potentially make the team if Duckett continues to put the ball on the ground. He is probably a lock for the practice squad.

On the defensive side, our secondary made Tarvaris Jackson look like a competent NFL QB. Pro-bowler Marcus Trufant played especially bad. Undrafted free agent David Hawthorne already earned a nickname and probably a roster spot after forcing 2 fumbles, one on a jarring hit that separated the ball from the RB.

what morris did happens a lot in pre-season when there is nothing but vanilla defensive plays being called....plus nobody is going to go all out during these games..

Sure, but Minnesota's first team was still against Seattle's first team for one quarter. Unlike the entire 2006 and 2007 pre-season, I'm presently not thinking Seattle's O-line starters need to improve their run-blocking in dramatic fashion. It may not mean a thing. In the same fashion, I also wouldn't diminish what Tavaris Jackson was doing last night.

Sure, but Minnesota's first team was still against Seattle's first team for one quarter. Unlike the entire 2006 and 2007 pre-season, I'm presently not thinking Seattle's O-line starters need to improve their run-blocking in dramatic fashion. It may not mean a thing. In the same fashion, I also wouldn't diminish what Tavaris Jackson was doing last night.

I've seen Joey Harrington go 10-10 in the pre-season...or something to that effect...

I only saw a few plays from him and was impressed yesterday....but I haven't seen enough to be too optimistic...

I've seen Joey Harrington go 10-10 in the pre-season...or something to that effect...

I only saw a few plays from him and was impressed yesterday....but I haven't seen enough to be too optimistic...

I hear you; I've seen Tim Couch and Quincy Morgan look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in the pre-season. But TJ was actually getting rid of the ball quickly and decisively in a manner foreign to my recollection.