[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon injured at practice?

HowboutthemCowboys

I read this on another board. Was wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Update:

Browns Edwards hospitalized with foot gash

Posted by Mary Kay Cabot August 10, 2008 12:35PM

Categories: Breaking News, Browns

Browns receiver Braylon Edwards was hospitalized Saturday night after having a gash in his right foot repaired with stitches.

Edwards suffered the cut on his foot when he was running lightly in his socks during a special teams period Saturday afternoon with some other receivers. According to a photographer who was shooting the session, Edwards and fellow receiver Donte Stallworth were vying for the lead when Stallworth's cleat gashed Edwards' right heel.

Edwards' grimaced in pain on the field while Josh Cribbs wrapped his t-shirt around the foot to stop the bleeding. Edwards left the field on a cart.

Edwards was not at practice Sunday morning, but coach Romeo Crennel said he thought he'd be released from the hospital on Sunday. He said Edwards was kept overnight for precautionary reasons. Earlier in the practice, Edwards had his ankle looked at after landing awkardly, but returned to work after talking to the trainer.

Crennel did not give a time-frame for Edwards' return, but one team official said it was not believed to be serious. However, he will probably be held out of action until the stitches are removed, meaning he could miss the second preseason game against the Giants on Aug. 18.

That's one way to move into the #1 role Dante. I'm very surprised injury prone Stallwort didn't twist his own ankle or something. I can see it now, new team rule:

You must wear shoes when stepping onto the practice field. This does not include flip-flops

It's a cut, he got stitches, he'll be fine so draft him as you normally would.

No thanks. I'll let you do it.

6 players have gotten staph at that clinic in 4 years .

That does count all the "normal" people who had contracted staph from that clinic as well.

The good part is that he probably had the stitches done in the trainers room

Aug 10 The Associated Press reports Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards (foot) received an undisclosed amount of stitches on the back of his foot after he was spiked by teammate Donte' Stallworth during a race in practice Saturday, Aug. 9. Edwards was only wearing socks while running against Stallworth, whose cleat caused a gash to open up after he stepped on Edwards' right heel. Edwards was released from the Cleveland Clinic Sunday, Aug. 10, after spending the night for precautionary measures. Browns head coach Romeo Crennel said the injury is not considered serious but did not say when Edwards would return to practice.

No thanks. I'll let you do it.

6 players have gotten staph at that clinic in 4 years .

Will do if I get the opportunity.

It was reported he had to stay the night at the hospital, it wasn't just a cut.

I figure it was just as a precaution. I was being a bit cut and dry with my original post and obviously the team will make sure all goes well with Braylon's foot. What I was getting at is that this news should not affect his draft position and if it does, good for those owners who can get him for a better value.