[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees

FishFreak

With the addition of Jeremy Shockey and Robert Meachum contributing to the passing game, what's not to like about Drew Brees this year? Duece/Stecker/Bush will provide a solid rushing attack to keep D's honest but Brees will get his passing attempts and do damage. He's in his prime, has a solid O-line and also has a stud no. 1 WR in Marques Colston. Brees numbers have been super consistent so far with the Saints but I think he gets a big bump up in TD's this year. The Saints schedule is also cake this year. I will be targeting Brees in my drafts and hope to get a QB with these stats: 4,500 passing yards and 36 TD's.

That will make him the no. 1 QB this year in my book slightly ahead of Brady. I'm assuming D's will adjust to the Pats passing offense. I also think the Pats will run more. Manning and Romo are rock solid but I think Brees is the man this year.

I'll put him in my top 3....nothing better, though...

I'm putting Mcnabb in my top 5..

I know he's produced with NOTHING at WR in the past. But he has no WRs this year and he's had injury problems in the past few years - so I'm curious why you're so high on him this season.

I know he's produced with NOTHING at WR in the past. But he has no WRs this year and he's had injury problems in the past few years - so I'm curious why you're so high on him this season.

Westbrook and Booker will be out there at the same time catching passes (Booker has been likened to Westbrook with what he's done so far in the passing game) LJ Smith (if healthy) is in a contract year, yet again and should be viable...while McNabb hasn't spent all off-season rehabbing and has had the chance to build some chemistry with Baskett and will be better prepared with Curtis and DJackson as well...

Reggie Brown is an enigma, but the rest of the WR's can combine for all sorts of numbers as we were the only team to have 3 receivers with 60+ receptions last season in what still remains to be a pass first offense...

Westbrook and Booker will be out there at the same time catching passes (Booker has been likened to Westbrook with what he's done so far in the passing game) LJ Smith (if healthy) is in a contract year, yet again and should be viable...while McNabb hasn't spent all off-season rehabbing and has had the chance to build some chemistry with Baskett and will be better prepared with Curtis and DJackson as well...

Reggie Brown is an enigma, but the rest of the WR's can combine for all sorts of numbers as we were the only team to have 3 receivers with 60+ receptions last season in what still remains to be a pass first offense...

+1

I've got him ranked top 5 as well, right after Palmer.

So I am confused, I can understand the argument for Brees but no Romo in the top 5? This I don't understand.

I have it like this

Tier One

1 Peyton Manning IND 4

2 Tom Brady NEP 4

3 Drew Brees NOS 9

4 Donovan McNabb PHI 7

5 Tony Romo DAL 10

Tier Two

6 Carson Palmer CIN 8

7 Derek Anderson CLE 5

8 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 6

9 Brett Favre GB 8

10 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 4

I think if he stays healthy all year he could finish in the top 5, maybe. But man, that's a huge risk on a guy that gets hurt year in and year out.

I have it like this

Tier One

1 Peyton Manning IND 4

2 Tom Brady NEP 4

3 Drew Brees NOS 9

4 Donovan McNabb PHI 7

5 Tony Romo DAL 10

Tier Two

6 Carson Palmer CIN 8

7 Derek Anderson CLE 5

9 Brett Favre GB 8

10 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 4

Thanks, I definately have McNabb way undervalued but I do like the rest including Big Ben.

I think if he stays healthy all year he could finish in the top 5, maybe. But man, that's a huge risk on a guy that gets hurt year in and year out.

Not really when you consider that 8 or 9 other QBs will be taken first. Great late value (if he stays healthy)

Tier Two

6 Carson Palmer CIN 8

7 Derek Anderson CLE 5

9 Brett Favre GB 8

10 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 4

Uh, ya might wanna tweak you're ratings.

Brees never threw for 30 td's so maybe you want to tone that down a bit.

last year he started extremely slow and the year before he just got acclimated with a new team...

I can see 4000 yds, 28 TD and be happy with that....any more is a gift...

Brees never threw for 30 td's so maybe you want to tone that down a bit.

Neither did Brady before last year. I know Randy Moss/Welker. However, I think a very solid case could be made for Brees finishing as the #1 overall QB. Colston is a STUD, Patten, Meachum will do just fine, the addition of Shockey is going to be huge and let's not forget about Bush (who can). Brady's stats will definitely come back to Earth and be much more in line with what Manning, Brees and Romo do. I think any of the 4 I just mentioned could finish as #1.

Where would you rank him?

I would rank Favre "not on Green Bay" to start.

Aside from that, I think you have to knock Favre down because he's getting out of his comfort zone - learning a new style of offense with new terminology on a shortened timetable - Mangini seems to be more of a run-oriented guy ( <20th in pass att his two years, 7th and 13th in rushing att), and the NYJ weapons in the passing game are a bit less than what GB had (even if you grant Driver/Jennings = Coles/Cotchery, I don't see them being able to trot out an effective 5-wide package even if they wanted to...not to mention they're using GB's crappy old TE that got cut).

EDIT - then again, I didn't realize how soft the Jets schedule looks; aside from NE twice, they play @SD in week 3...but from weeks 4-10 it's pillow-soft (@NE is in week 11)...and then soft again until week 16 @Sea. Maybe Favre can make some noise in the AFC.

Edited by Chavez

Neither did Brady before last year. I know Randy Moss/Welker. However, I think a very solid case could be made for Brees finishing as the #1 overall QB. Colston is a STUD, Patten, Meachum will do just fine, the addition of Shockey is going to be huge and let's not forget about Bush (who can). Brady's stats will definitely come back to Earth and be much more in line with what Manning, Brees and Romo do. I think any of the 4 I just mentioned could finish as #1.

I agree in the top 4 being more even then last.

I also read that NO wanted a more balanced offense. Take it for what it is. NE played almost no one also, NO doesn't have a cakewalk for SOS this year.

I would rank Favre "not on Green Bay" to start.

Aside from that, I think you have to knock Favre down because he's getting out of his comfort zone - learning a new style of offense with new terminology on a shortened timetable - Mangini seems to be more of a run-oriented guy ( <20th in pass att his two years, 7th and 13th in rushing att), and the NYJ weapons in the passing game are a bit less than what GB had (even if you grant Driver/Jennings = Coles/Cotchery, I don't see them being able to trot out an effective 5-wide package even if they wanted to...not to mention they're using GB's crappy old TE that got cut).

I am a NY homer and I can say the NYJ have done alot to try to get better. I can see Favre being top 10 but I can also see him beind dead last. This is a tough to judge.

Last year packers are better than this year Jets (IMO). I hope he ends up being top 10.

last year he started extremely slow and the year before he just got acclimated with a new team...

I can see 4000 yds, 28 TD and be happy with that....any more is a gift...

Brees has thrown for 4,400+ yards the last 2 years with an average of 27 passing tds. With the addition of Shockey, I can see him surpass 4,500 yds and flirt with 30 tds.

I agree in the top 4 being more even then last.

I also read that NO wanted a more balanced offense. Take it for what it is. NE played almost no one also, NO doesn't have a cakewalk for SOS this year.

Which sometimes helps the passing game as there's a better chance they'll be involved in closer contests and may not be able to run the ball out.

I am a NY homer and I can say the NYJ have done alot to try to get better. I can see Favre being top 10 but I can also see him beind dead last. This is a tough to judge.

Last year packers are better than this year Jets (IMO). I hope he ends up being top 10.

I don't know about dead last. It's going to be somewhat interesting, as true "franchise"-type QBs don't change teams all that often, and both teams are stable enough in the passing game and on the sidelines where we can truly have a "chicken-egg" experiment. I don't doubt that GB's passing game steps back a bit with Rodgers (and probably near-implodes if Flynn or Brohm have to take the helm) - in part due to Rodger's inexperience and McCarthy leaning more on the run game. But it's pretty apparent that Favre or no Favre, Jennings and Driver are two pretty good WRs.

And it's pretty apparent that a Favre-less Coles and Cotchery are able to be one of the better duos in the league (at least in '06, not so much last year). How much better does Favre make them?